No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apparently Romero is starting tonight ... interesting. Apparently we are that desperate.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Apparently Romero is starting tonight ... interesting. Apparently we are that desperate.
      Can't get any worse. So what the hell. Might as well.

Comment

• I predict Felix has a no hitter lmao
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• This has the makings of another fugly game..

2013 Jays = 2013 Lakers. All-stars and hype just doesn't always work

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
            2013 Jays = 2013 Lakers. All-stars and hype just doesn't always work
            Well as long as we make the playoffs like the Lakers did!

Comment

We don't have Kobe

Comment

Lakers did it after firing Mike Brown.
                Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• I can't be bothered to watch this team. I'm not a fair weathered fan either. I just have no patience to suffer through 3 hours of top talented players looking like a shitty farm system squad. Gibbons is an issue, the players are an issue, and AA might be waaaaay over his head as a general manager. Something gotta give soon because I can't be the only fan who feels like this.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                    I can't be bothered to watch this team. I'm not a fair weathered fan either. I just have no patience to suffer through 3 hours of top talented players looking like a shitty farm system squad. Gibbons is an issue, the players are an issue, and AA might be waaaaay over his head as a general manager. Something gotta give soon because I can't be the only fan who feels like this.
                    Absolutely agree that something needs to happen .. and it would be a massive helping of crow for AA to eat if he had to fire Gibbons, after taking so much heat for the hiring. So I don't know if I can see that happening. One has to wonder what would be happening if we still had Reyes hot bat in the line-up though.

Comment

• AA did his job by assembling talent. I he decides to make a trade, who does he trade? Other than Edwin to some extent, every other player is under performing. So if it's not AA or specific player/s, it's clearly Gibbons.
                      Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Hey guys, I dont really watch baseball, but obviously being from Toronto got excited about the offseason hype!

Can someone give me a schpeil as to what occurred to get us to a 10-20 record?
                        Injuries? Overestimation of Talent? Lack of Chemistry (Does that exist in Baseball?)?
                        The Baltic Beast is unstoppable!

Comment

Absolutely agree that something needs to happen .. and it would be a massive helping of crow for AA to eat if he had to fire Gibbons, after taking so much heat for the hiring. So I don't know if I can see that happening. One has to wonder what would be happening if we still had Reyes hot bat in the line-up though.
                          Reyes out still doesn't excuse our piss poor pitching (both starting and relief). If anything we likely would be the same and Reyes and his huge contract would I believe be able to be moved come deadline time.

Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
                          AA did his job by assembling talent. I he decides to make a trade, who does he trade? Other than Edwin to some extent, every other player is under performing. So if it's not AA or specific player/s, it's clearly Gibbons.
                          Players definitely have to be accountable to a certain degree, but its more on the coaching staff to get the best out of everyone. Gibbons clearly isn't doing what I'm sure AA was hoping he would. I mean, look at our hitting coach. Mottola was a life time .200 avg hitter when he played in the bigs. Shouldn't you want someone who specialized in hitting to a certain degree? Same could be said for Pete Walker with respect to pitching.

Comment

• enlightenment wrote: View Post
                            Hey guys, I dont really watch baseball, but obviously being from Toronto got excited about the offseason hype!

Can someone give me a schpeil as to what occurred to get us to a 10-20 record?
                            Injuries? Overestimation of Talent? Lack of Chemistry (Does that exist in Baseball?)?
                            The best comparison to a basketball team would be a comparison to the Lakers. Lakers have had their share of injuries but that isn't the problem. They were assembled to win everything. To pose a serious threat to Miami and potentially even beat them. What transpired was that they barely made the play offs and as you know got eliminated in the 1st round.

The Jays situation is exactly the same IMO. They've been assembled to win everything. In fact most experts have them favorites to win the championship. Injury can be blamed to a small extent, by no means an overestimation of talent and definitely not chemistry as chemistry in Baseball is not a big issue.

IMO it's simply Coaching.
                            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
                              Players definitely have to be accountable to a certain degree
                              Anything less than 100% accountability should be unacceptable BUT the fact that every player is under performing only shows that this is more than a "normal" situation. I think a Coaching change will see players playing very differently.
                              Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• This is getting ridiculous.. I didn't think Dickey could live up to his numbers from Last Year, but I never imagined he'd be anywhere close to this Bad. We might as well be starting Romero at the #1 Spot.

Comment

Working...
                                X