No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the Sox lost again tonight and put up a 1-2 record vs the Orioles. They coulda put the divison on ice with a sweep or put both the Jays and O's on the code blue watch list with a 2-1 series result. But they didn't. So its still there within reach.

If the bats come out of the polar vortex they seem to be stuck in and they start to hit again down the stretch the Jays are still in this and can win the division.

They are too good a team to stay in this slump much longer. They got some help from of all teams the Orioles. Make hay out west boys or die trying.
    Last edited by Demographic Shift; Wed Sep 14, 2016, 10:01 PM.
    There's no such thing as a 2nd round bust.
    - TGO

Comment

• They should've swept the Rays even without Donaldson. The Blue Jays are the more talented team. Guys like Bautista and Encarnacion should be ashamed of themselves. Must win series and both of them were completely invisible the last 3 games. No wonder the Jays never won anything before they traded for Donaldson. This is winning time. You have to step up. Specially now that Donadson is out. Just 2 hits today against the Rays? are you kidding me?

I don't know the extent of Donaldson's injury. But if he's out for the rest year then you can kiss this season goodbye.
      Last edited by The Great One; Thu Sep 15, 2016, 12:36 AM.
      Mamba Mentality

Comment

• LOL Jays is hitting .185 and scoring 2 runs per game without JD in the lineup.

What a joke.
        Mamba Mentality

Comment

• I am fucking done!! Just fucking done with this season. Let the Mariners take our spot. Need fuel for Shapiro-Atkins to burn half this lineup away.

Comment

• Huge game tonight with the 9-0 win over Yanks. The bats finally woke up and Liriano had another solid outing. Cant say enough about Benoit and Grilli at this point...

So 3 left vs Yankees, 3 vs O's and 3 on the road at Red Sox to end the season. I'm calling 7-3 including tonight, we take WC#1 and beat Detroit in the 1 gamer. Oh man, can't believe its likely coming down to a one game do-or-die scenario.

Comment

• Sad news about Jose Fernandez (Marlins pitcher) who died in a boating accident off Miami Beach early this morning. Never saw him pitch but I understand he is quite the talent. Here is a gif of his amazing reflexes on a Tulo shot...

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                Sad news about Jose Fernandez (Marlins pitcher) who died in a boating accident off Miami Beach early this morning. Never saw him pitch but I understand he is quite the talent. Here is a gif of his amazing reflexes on a Tulo shot...

Very sad news, indeed... his girlfriend is pregnant too. What a sad way to go at such a young age. Just a senseless death for all 3 involved.

Great gif btw!

Comment

• That brawl last night was so bloody stupid. I was watching Jays in 30 (missed the game) and just wondering what the hell they were thinking. If Travis and/or Benoit are hurt or anyone gets suspended... ugh. Why they did that is beyond me.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    That brawl last night was so bloody stupid. I was watching Jays in 30 (missed the game) and just wondering what the hell they were thinking. If Travis and/or Benoit are hurt or anyone gets suspended... ugh. Why they did that is beyond me.
                    It's unexplainable. Why in bloody fuck did Happ have to make things worse and throw the entire team off their mojo by making them look bad by tossing two straight OBVIOUS PITCHES to hit injure Headly, after when Donaldson only got nipped on the elbow by a pitcher who really just sucks? Benoit and Travis are injured in the brawl who are the keys to our playoff run and now they might be gone for one week. That one week is the remaining 6 games that will spell out our season's fate

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                      It's unexplainable. Why in bloody fuck did Happ have to make things worse and throw the entire team off their mojo by making them look bad by tossing two straight OBVIOUS PITCHES to hit injure Headly, after when Donaldson only got nipped on the elbow by a pitcher who really just sucks? Benoit and Travis are injured in the brawl who are the keys to our playoff run and now they might be gone for one week. That one week is the remaining 6 games that will spell out our season's fate
                      Benoit is now out with a torn calf muscle. No timetable for return. Travis is not in lineup tonight in Baltimore.....

Jebus.

Comment

• tonious35 wrote: View Post
                        Dont you know? They have this effing "code". Purely based on machismo....and group pressure. Idiotic. Baseball really has to change too...many are complicit in supporting this culture. Hockey as well is has it's similar skeletons.

Comment

• September baseball is going to kill me man.

Tonight's game is a must win game. Stroman vs Jimenez. Jimenez sucks but with the way things are going with this Jays offence, he'd probably shut them down.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                            Dont you know? They have this effing "code". Purely based on machismo....and group pressure. Idiotic. Baseball really has to change too...many are complicit in supporting this culture. Hockey as well is has it's similar skeletons.
                            The problem now is that they've got the worst of both worlds: over-regulation and the tit-for-tat convention on top of each other. That doesn't work. It would be far better if they just left it to the umpire's discretion to throw guys out immediately if they thought it was intentional. Now, they can do that but the umps feel obligated to give the warning cause it's on the books and all that does is piss off everyone on both teams. So, now, you've got two pissed off teams on top of the retaliation aspect and everything is worse rather than better.

The other thing that the warning system and all this 'don't hit batters' has done is it's encouraged batters to whine about everything inside to try to gain an advantage. So, on top of the above, you've got pitchers trying to actually pitch inside feeling squeezed, so they get angry, batters faux outrage at anything on the inner half cause they feel entitled to hang out on top of the plate and it's all just a bad mix.

Comment

• TRex wrote: View Post
                              September baseball is going to kill me man.

Tonight's game is a must win game. Stroman vs Jimenez. Jimenez sucks but with the way things are going with this Jays offence, he'd probably shut them down.
                              They should have won the last game but Osuna blew his 2nd straight save.
                              "Both teams played hard my man" - Sheed

Comment

• They are not winning tonight and got shut down by Ubaldo of all pitchers. I think it's gonna be an epic collapse unless both Detroit and Baltimore lose 3 straight in the weekend

Comment

Working...
                                X