No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• He's like Demarre, Demar or Lowry. If players cant live in Toronto , they probably aren't great character guys. Almost every player who bolted after experiencing T.O wasn't worth the effort to keep here

Comment

• Rumour saying Red Sox willing to go 30-40 million more than anyone else for Price. I hope he spites them... Please re-sign with the Jays!

Comment

• I know we're all biased on this, but I can't see how he could pass on playing for the Jays. We're in a legitimate window for contention and we offer run support that is near impossible to match anywhere else. But.. money talks.

Comment

• Just heard about the Happ deal. I'm assuming this closes the door on any Price signing?

Comment

• Garbo wrote: View Post
            Just heard about the Happ deal. I'm assuming this closes the door on any Price signing?
            I dont like it...36 over 3 yrs? He couldnt hack it as a 5th starter here...wtf...and not in Seattle either. Guess they are going after lefties.

Comment

• Mack North wrote: View Post
              Rumour saying Red Sox willing to go 30-40 million more than anyone else for Price. I hope he spites them... Please re-sign with the Jays!
              We'll see how much he likes that popcorn now.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                I dont like it...36 over 3 yrs? He couldnt hack it as a 5th starter here...wtf...and not in Seattle either. Guess they are going after lefties.
                JP Morosi saying Price won't be back because of this... JA Happ, are you serious? Are we doing the fucking moneyball thing but throwing $12M per at JA Happ??? This is very disheartening.

Comment

• I don't get signing a guy who did well in the NL for a short term to come play in the AL, where he's struggled.

Good lord, Shapiro. Do you really think were happy with just one year of playoffs? This is Toronto, dude.
                  Axel wrote:
                  Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                  KeonClark wrote:
                  I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• I'm ok with the Happ move, and I'm ok with letting Price go. For me, Shapiro's acid test will be whether or not he trades Tulo. And goddam, he'd better not.
                    "Stop eating your sushi."
                    "I do actually have a pair of Uggs."
                    "I've had three cups of green tea tonight. I'm wired. I'm absolutely wired."
                    - Jack Armstrong

Comment

• JimiCliff wrote: View Post
                      I'm ok with the Happ move, and I'm ok with letting Price go. For me, Shapiro's acid test will be whether or not he trades Tulo. And goddam, he'd better not.
                      Tulo going maybe a tossup.

...he's a big ticket guy but has trade value
                      ...we have a replacement on D at least (Goins)
                      ...not sure he is happy here...stories
                      ...will free up money space for trade or f/a
                      ...did not perform on O very well but was a threat by rep.

I'd keep him for at least another year unless the return was outrageous.

Comment

Just heard about the Happ deal. I'm assuming this closes the door on any Price signing?
                        Not sure why you'd say that. I think Toronto will still making a very strong offer for Price.
                        I just don't see Management reducing the Payroll after the surge in fan interest last year. They made SOOOO much money off of winning. They will invest to put a winner out there.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                          Tulo going maybe a tossup.

...he's a big ticket guy but has trade value
                          ...we have a replacement on D at least (Goins)
                          ...not sure he is happy here...stories
                          ...will free up money space for trade or f/a
                          ...did not perform on O very well but was a threat by rep.

I'd keep him for at least another year unless the return was outrageous.
                          Really? I haven't heard anything saying that .. did I miss something?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                            Not sure why you'd say that. I think Toronto will still making a very strong offer for Price.
                            I just don't see Management reducing the Payroll after the surge in fan interest last year. They made SOOOO much money off of winning. They will invest to put a winner out there.
                            I agree that they wont reduce payroll, but, assuming that our payroll stays where it was last year, I heard we had somewhere in the ballpark of 30 - 35 million left to spend. With 12 million of that dedicated to Happ, Price is not an option, unless a dramatic increase to the payroll is made.

Comment

I agree that they wont reduce payroll, but, assuming that our payroll stays where it was last year, I heard we had somewhere in the ballpark of 30 - 35 million left to spend. With 12 million of that dedicated to Happ, Price is not an option, unless a dramatic increase to the payroll is made.
                              I don't know about Dramatic increase, but I certainly expect an increase in payroll. And would be surprised (and frankly disappointed) by anything else. As I said, I don't think the Jays would make a move for Happ if that is what rules them out of going after Price. They've maintained that they want Price back, and he's indicated he wants to come back. They've also maintained that they wanted a few more lefties, and to shore up the rotation. Happ seems to be doing that. But I don't agree that signing Happ will all of sudden make them not go after Price.

If they have a shot to sign him, they will make every effort, and invest every dollar that they need to. I firmly believe that.
                              Last edited by Joey; Sat Nov 28, 2015, 01:44 PM.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
                                Really? I haven't heard anything saying that .. did I miss something?
                                It essentially stems from the trade itself. The link below somewhat addresses the backstory. I also understand that as a result of that trade he now has a no-trade clause (while he did not have one before! Strange. In anycase he always knew he was going to be traded apparently and had a somewhat tacit understanding with the owner that he would be consulted before it went down. That means only one thing I would think...TT wanted to agree with the location. It is obvious that when he wasnt consulted and Toronto was it we may very well not have been one of his favourite destinations...hence his obvious continued displeasure...and he makes it about the suddenness of the trade itself. I remember seeing something about him wanting to stay in the NL and that LAD was a team of choice He's from SoCal)...but this was at least a couple of yrs. ago and who knows about the veracity of that.

We must also remember that the BJs were not a playoff team last the few years and were not even on the bubble when he was traded for. So there's that. Not sure if he gotten over it all by now....but if that notrade clause addition is true then he gets to go where he wants now

http://www.cbssports.com/mlb/eye-on-...rised-by-trade

Comment

Working...
                                X