Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast
Results 341 to 360 of 929

Thread: The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

  1. #341
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Francisco hit a pretty nice double down into the corner tonight though, but I agree, he isn't very good.

    I liked Yan Gomes play today (got called up for Lind who was sent down for those who didn't see), he's smooth with the bat, has a nice swing. Had 2 hits today in his first big league game, both solid singles.

    I take back what I said about Janssen closing, I'm not gonna question it, he gets outs.. More than anyone else we've seen closing for the Jays this year. I definitely say keep him there even when Santos is back, until Santos is pitching well again and even then, only if Janssen starts to struggle.

  2. #342
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    I take back what I said about Janssen closing, I'm not gonna question it, he gets outs.. More than anyone else we've seen closing for the Jays this year. I definitely say keep him there even when Santos is back, until Santos is pitching well again and even then, only if Janssen starts to struggle.
    I agree you don't mess with a well oiled machine.
    Santos was throwing 97mph thats why he blew his shoulder, he needs to chill the f out.

  3. #343
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Jansen is solid. I'm not sure santos throwing that hard blew his shoulder. Unless he usually throws in the early 90's.

  4. #344
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    JP is on fiiiire tonight, his confidence is through the roof, but then again is interleague play but still good game all around.

    Yan Gomes hits his first career HR, second game in, the farm is cultivating.
    Last edited by e2thed; Fri May 18th, 2012 at 09:55 PM.

  5. #345
    Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,425
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Rajai Davis great game, his HRs look identical, hes hitting those fastballs.

  6. #346
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lind aint coming back for a while. If he goes unclaimed.

  7. #347
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lind on waivers.. idk why this comes as such a surprise to me but it honestly does. I wanted him to turn it around but I guess we need a more certain thing at the 4 spot if we are going to be a legit playoff team, but who's our first baseman now? Are we keeping Edwin there or going with Gomes? or splitting time? or looking into someone else? Orrrrrr giving Cooper a shot instead of rotting in triple A? a lot of or's and a lot of possibilities, especially when Vladdy comes up, which I'm sure he will eventually. Any theories?

    Edit: It's not really a sure thing yet, just speculation that he's on outright waivers, and I don't think it's necessarily the smartest thing to do because I think he has talent and I don't see his contract being crazy. The scenario reminds me of the Rios scenario but Rios had a huge contract, Lind doesn't so I really think he could be moved and isn't much of a risk at like another year at like 10m apx.? We'll see.
    Last edited by Ryan_1523; Sun May 20th, 2012 at 10:45 PM. Reason: Add

  8. #348
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I haven't heard anything else on lind.


    Btw, What's going on with the phils? Halladay and Lee are having difficulties.

    I was shocked they didn't keep Oswalt and that they didn't look for a rwplacement after.

    They def need a big bat. I'd be surprised if they aren't considering puting a claim on lind.

  9. #349
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

    Also, I love beating the Rays. That team annoys me, we lose so many games to them somehow, the Rays always make comebacks against the Jays. Hopefully we can win the series and inch closer to first.

    I assume Oswalt wanted too much, I haven't heard about him in a while, who'd he end up with? Anyone? When I heard he didn't wanna play for the Jays I just said screw him. Phillies having some batting trouble, they definitely need some help on offense with some key guys out.

  10. #350
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

    Also, I love beating the Rays. That team annoys me, we lose so many games to them somehow, the Rays always make comebacks against the Jays. Hopefully we can win the series and inch closer to first.

    I assume Oswalt wanted too much, I haven't heard about him in a while, who'd he end up with? Anyone? When I heard he didn't wanna play for the Jays I just said screw him. Phillies having some batting trouble, they definitely need some help on offense with some key guys out.
    Great win against the rays for sure. It is very satisfying to see the Jays beat 'em. On the enemies turf no less. It's like you say, the rays seem to beat us the majority of the time, they are annoying as hell. Here's hoping the Jays can take this three game set on the road and sweep 'em!

  11. #351
    Raptors Republic All-Star slaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    2,101
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    I haven't heard anything else on lind.


    Btw, What's going on with the phils? Halladay and Lee are having difficulties.

    I was shocked they didn't keep Oswalt and that they didn't look for a rwplacement after.

    They def need a big bat. I'd be surprised if they aren't considering puting a claim on lind.
    Philly can't hit. Their April batting line was brutal. Numbers somewhat normalized in May but that lineup is brutal without Utley and Howard. Still, they are walking more and hitting some HRs. If Ryan Howard is still alive (who knows?) they might be able to fight back in that division.

    No one is going to pick up Lind unless something strange happens. If he could play a little LF and 1B he might be more valuable to some NL team but it's hard to find suitors for a guy as atrociously bad as he's been for 2+ years.

  12. #352
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Lind played the first half of the season well last year to be fair, and 87 RBI is nothing to sneeze at considering he missed a lot of time, but he's definitely played horrible since, like truly bad.

    Btw, I lost my wallet yesterday.. What a bitch that is, fml.. Getting id back is the worst.

  13. #353
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Um Lind played his first game in Triple A so I assume that means he cleared waivers?

    Also, I love beating the Rays. That team annoys me, we lose so many games to them somehow, the Rays always make comebacks against the Jays. Hopefully we can win the series and inch closer to first.

    I assume Oswalt wanted too much, I haven't heard about him in a while, who'd he end up with? Anyone? When I heard he didn't wanna play for the Jays I just said screw him. Phillies having some batting trouble, they definitely need some help on offense with some key guys out.
    He's cleared them now thats for sure.

    Oswalt is waiting til all star to sign with a team. He didn't want to go with the jays because they lowballed him.

    Phils are all over the place; up, down, sideways. You name it. They probably should have hung onto Ibanez, he's still got some nice pop.

  14. #354
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Are you sure that the Jays lowballed him? I remember hearing back before spring training that the Jays offered him 10-15m for one year, obviously I wouldn't find the article now, but I'm sure it was at least 10m, and he didn't wanna sign with the A's or the Jays who were in the running for him. It could have been due to location to his family, idk, I just don't think it was money.

  15. #355
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,330
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Nah, I'll give you the family thing. But, not the money.

    Jays played alright tonight. Lawrie is being a bonehead lately though. He needs to just tone it down a notch.

  16. #356
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Thames sent down to triple A, McCoy called up.. Another guy who will peak at .200.. Jays are a mess, they need hitters. Wish Snider wasn't injured, I like watching him play

  17. #357
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Thames sent down to triple A, McCoy called up.. Another guy who will peak at .200.. Jays are a mess, they need hitters. Wish Snider wasn't injured, I like watching him play
    It won't really matter much.
    The Jays still are one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league. We're top 10 in several categories this season. The only real thing holding us back is our bullpen.

  18. #358
    Super Moderator .40 Cal Flakes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    T Dot
    Posts
    1,381
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    It won't really matter much.
    The Jays still are one of the most dangerous offensive teams in the league. We're top 10 in several categories this season. The only real thing holding us back is our bullpen.
    Yes this is true to a point. But when we don't have ANY hitters batting anywhere near .300 it's pretty bad. We need one or two sluggers batting around .320/.330, to give our pitchers a little more breathing room.

  19. #359
    Raptors Republic Starter Prime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill
    Posts
    590
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Yes this is true to a point. But when we don't have ANY hitters batting anywhere near .300 it's pretty bad. We need one or two sluggers batting around .320/.330, to give our pitchers a little more breathing room.
    Batting average is one of the worst stats to use to gauge a batter's performance.
    There's a reason why sabermetrics was invented and why it's now widely adopted.

    Did you learn nothing from Moneyball?

  20. #360
    Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    MTL, Canada
    Posts
    272
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote .40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
    Yes this is true to a point. But when we don't have ANY hitters batting anywhere near .300 it's pretty bad. We need one or two sluggers batting around .320/.330, to give our pitchers a little more breathing room.
    Yeah, that's my point. Can any of us say that the Jays have been one of the best offensive teams in the league this year? I don't think so, we've struggled a lot, but so have a lot of teams so far this year.

    Anyways, Jays making up for losing 5 straight by beating the Orioles twice, nice wins. I hope Rasmus continues to play well, and I'm even liking Cooper right now.. He's looking better than Lind did, that's for sure.

Page 18 of 47 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •