Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread: The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Actually JP committed an error, but still why is he pitching, Jassen is way better, I'd even put in a young gun like Chad Beck in over him, or Evan Crawford, matter fact lets demote Cordero and bring in Marcus Stroman already lol.
    They need to trade some of the farm for another solid starter and send Drabek down. Seems like McGowen never coming back.....

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Beck already pitched in the game though, but I get your point.. Cordero hasn't earned the late inning relief this year, idc wtf you're paying him, he doesn't deserve to be pitching right now. It's like Brian Tallet all over again, he's a plague to the team. What'd Drabek do wrong though? He pitched okay, got out of trouble when he had to.. Definitely kept us in the game. He's not doing horrible, and he was actually doing pretty well up until a couple weeks ago, so I think he deserves to be given more of a shot, it's not like our other pitchers haven't struggled at all.

Post Thanks / Like

Very true about what you said about Drabek but I think he needs a little more time in the minors and really dominate down there. I also want the Jays to get a solid starter like Garza or Hamels to push us over the edge in the starters.
    But on another note, Drew is a machine. I went to see the last Boston game and he was a straight up killer, I loved it when he went for Youk's head hes got some solid potential for a spot in the future, needs to work on some of his other stuff his fastball is good though.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
    Beck already pitched in the game though, but I get your point.. Cordero hasn't earned the late inning relief this year, idc wtf you're paying him, he doesn't deserve to be pitching right now. It's like Brian Tallet all over again, he's a plague to the team. What'd Drabek do wrong though? He pitched okay, got out of trouble when he had to.. Definitely kept us in the game. He's not doing horrible, and he was actually doing pretty well up until a couple weeks ago, so I think he deserves to be given more of a shot, it's not like our other pitchers haven't struggled at all.
    Drabek is a walk machine.

Unless you're Nolan Ryan or have 8 (IIRC) pitches like Darvish, that's not what I want from my starters.

Raptors Republic Starter Ryan_1523's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post

Unless you're Nolan Ryan or have 8 (IIRC) pitches like Darvish, that's not what I want from my starters.
    Yeah, he gives up as many walks as hits a lot of the time which is starting to catch up to him. Don't get me wrong, I'd totally prefer having a reliable experienced arm, but just going by the guys we have I don't think he should be sent down YET, maybe soon if he doesn't turn things around, but not yet. I don't think being in Las Vegas would help Drabek, last year when he went down he had an ERA of over 7, so it's not like he'd dominate.

Idk man, the Jays are frustrating to watch, not many of our players have showed much consistency so I wouldn't pin everything on Drabek. I think he's had more good games than bad ones and if he turns it around even a little bit I think at the very least he'd have a decent trade value by the end of the year.

Post Thanks / Like

YOUR starters!

#sarcasm

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Talk about a mediocre trade from Anthopolous today: http://www.tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=401047

Not really a move for helps us now or down the road. Happ will eat some innings, but that pretty much it. Don't like this deal at all.

Post Thanks / Like

At least that bulldog looking failure of a relief pitcher Cordero is gone. WOOO HOOOOO.

Post Thanks / Like

Ya I'm not sure how I feel about the deal. Depends who the Minors are that we gave up I guess, but I think Happ has a chance to pull a 'Rasmus/Bautista/Encarnacion' and really turn his career around for the better given the right environment.
    I also like the acquisition of Lyon. He's always solid.

As for Cordero, good riddance.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Happ's record is misleading this season considering how bad the Astros are. So, maybe he's a late bloomer (ala R.A. Dickey) and the best is yet to come. I just think they gave up alot to get pretty much just him and maybe Lyon.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Happ's record is misleading this season considering how bad the Astros are. So, maybe he's a late bloomer (ala R.A. Dickey) and the best is yet to come. I just think they gave up alot to get pretty much just him and maybe Lyon.
    Can't argue there. But in AA I trust. haha
    In Masai we Trust.

Raptors Republic All-Star wallz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

So Ichiro is headed to NY.. wow.

Post Thanks / Like

And he's in the lineup tonight apparently.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
    So Ichiro is headed to NY.. wow.
    WHAT?! ... Stupid Yankees.

And he's in the lineup tonight apparently.
    HAH!! Against Seattle?! MEAN Yankees!!
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

no, Happ is an nl pitcher. It's going to be a struggle in the al. he could eventually pull a rasmus, but, it may take more time to pull a happ than a bautista, rasmus or even an encarnacion.

p.s. if you got through that. you should get a chuckle out of it.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

What's everyone's thoughts on the Snider and Thames trade?
    When I logged onto MLB.com and saw Snider's face in the collage of pictures entitled "Clubs Active On Eve Of Trade Deadline", my heart sank a little.. After reading up on the trades I think the best way to describe my stance is "meh". We may have found our future closer, Snider may blow up for Pit.. Who knows who wins this trade.
    I do think the Jays are going to get after a good left fielder before the deadline passes. Gose isn't ready and Rajai isn't the long term answer. Someone with a big bat perhaps??

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see Snider gone, but I bet I'll flourish finally in Pittsburgh. He's got too sweet of a swing not to be effective. As for Lincoln, I like him. Pretty versatile. Mostly a reliever, but can start and I wouldn't write him off as a potential closer down the road if things are still up in the air with Santos and his health next season. Thames I was never sold on. Massive dude who just can't seem to put his power to work. Don't know anything about Delabar, but from what I've read this morning a solid mid-reliever.

BTW, is there a reason why Happ isn't starting and his only coming on in relief at the moment?

Post Thanks / Like

BTW, is there a reason why Happ isn't starting and his only coming on in relief at the moment?
    I believe AA said he wanted to Work Happ into the Rotation slowly, but first see how he fits in the Bullpen.

And I think people are sleeping on Casey Janssen being the Real Deal as a Closer.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Sad to see Snider gone, but I bet I'll flourish finally in Pittsburgh.
    Doc, are you going with him? I hope Pittsburgh brings out the best in you

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    And I think people are sleeping on Casey Janssen being the Real Deal as a Closer.
    Agreed. He seems to have "the stuff" as they call it. Also, I wasn't really jazzed about what I saw from Santos when he was with us. Small sample size, I know.. Was he playing hurt or something?

Page 20 of 47 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 30 ... LastLast

Thread Information