The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jays are falling apart.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Come on now LBF, I don't think the 3 L's in a row=falling apart.

The defense is horrendous right now though. They are near the top in the league in errors committed. That can't keep up if they look to stay in the hunt.

Comment

• Im just waiting for who we get for the upcoming Adam Lind + prospect trade in the making, hopefully a solid piece like Rasmus last year.

We need a 1B who can hit lefties thats it.
        NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Brett Lawrie suspended!

Lawrie gets hit with a 4 game suspension following an argument with the home plate umpire. So he throws his helmet down in frustration/anger and it accidentally hits the ump in the leg. It was a one run game in the 9th and he represented tying run. The ump blew two obvious calls which would have put Lawrie on first.

Is the suspension deserved? Too harsh? Too lenient? What are your guys thoughts?

http://toronto.bluejays.mlb.com/news...s_tor&c_id=tor
          Last edited by .40 Cal Flakes; Thu May 17, 2012, 01:29 AM.

Comment

• Ugh.. That suspension was brutal. Suspend the ump for that lousy officiating. Brett Lawrie lost his cool, and that's unacceptable, but it's unreal that he gets four games while that ump completely changed the course of the game with his arrogance goes unpunished... I love basketball, and I love baseball, but there's way too much room for the officials to give games away, and I feel like I see it all to often and it's never in Toronto's favor.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
              We need a 1B who can hit lefties thats it.
              They need a 1B that can hit. Period. A LF who could hit would also be nice.

If Rasmus would also start hitting that would be awesome, too.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                They need a 1B that can hit.
                Ah well, doesn't look like its going to be Lind. He was just demoted to the minors and the Jays have called up Yan Gomes.

This makes the Guerrero siging all that more interesting now. Play Edwin at 1B and eventually use Vlady as the DH.

Link - http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=396179

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                  Ah well, doesn't look like its going to be Lind. He was just demoted to the minors and the Jays have called up Yan Gomes.

This makes the Guerrero siging all that more interesting now. Play Edwin at 1B and eventually use Vlady as the DH.

Link - http://tsn.ca/mlb/story/?id=396179
                  Yeah, and Lawrie dropped the appeal, so Gomes at 3B for 4 games, Francisco DHing and EE at 1B. Vlad wasn't very good last year but he's gotta be better than Francisco, right? I guess they think Vlad might be ready close to the end of the month.

Comment

• Francisco is brutal, bad signing.

Comment

• Francisco wasn't signed. But, I'll agree he sucks.
                      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Francisco hit a pretty nice double down into the corner tonight though, but I agree, he isn't very good.

I liked Yan Gomes play today (got called up for Lind who was sent down for those who didn't see), he's smooth with the bat, has a nice swing. Had 2 hits today in his first big league game, both solid singles.

I take back what I said about Janssen closing, I'm not gonna question it, he gets outs.. More than anyone else we've seen closing for the Jays this year. I definitely say keep him there even when Santos is back, until Santos is pitching well again and even then, only if Janssen starts to struggle.

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
                          I take back what I said about Janssen closing, I'm not gonna question it, he gets outs.. More than anyone else we've seen closing for the Jays this year. I definitely say keep him there even when Santos is back, until Santos is pitching well again and even then, only if Janssen starts to struggle.
                          I agree you don't mess with a well oiled machine.
                          Santos was throwing 97mph thats why he blew his shoulder, he needs to chill the f out.

Comment

• Jansen is solid. I'm not sure santos throwing that hard blew his shoulder. Unless he usually throws in the early 90's.

Comment

• JP is on fiiiire tonight, his confidence is through the roof, but then again is interleague play but still good game all around.

Yan Gomes hits his first career HR, second game in, the farm is cultivating.
                              Last edited by e2thed; Fri May 18, 2012, 09:55 PM.

Comment

• Rajai Davis great game, his HRs look identical, hes hitting those fastballs.

Comment

Working...
                                X