No announcement yet.

The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've had Stroman starting all this season, not saying he's going to be our answer to anything but he'll definitely be an option next year, and probably more than likely he'll be up by next month along with Jenkins and Sean Nolin. I hate relying on young guys though because we don't have the arms that like Tampa has or Oakland, but I agree that Jenkins should have got more of a shot starting, there was no room for him in the bullpen but he pitched well for us.. Couldn't do worse than most of our staff now, or guys we signed to pitch like a game or two..

Comment

• Ryan_1523 wrote: View Post
      They've had Stroman starting all this season, not saying he's going to be our answer to anything but he'll definitely be an option next year, and probably more than likely he'll be up by next month along with Jenkins and Sean Nolin. I hate relying on young guys though because we don't have the arms that like Tampa has or Oakland, but I agree that Jenkins should have got more of a shot starting, there was no room for him in the bullpen but he pitched well for us.. Couldn't do worse than most of our staff now, or guys we signed to pitch like a game or two..
      I believe it was Keith Law who was suggesting Stroman is another year away. PLus, looking at his numbers, he isn't missing enough bats. He projects as a reliever given the fastball contact.

Jenkins is not a MLB starter. His ERA in AA was close to 5.00. If you can't dominate at AA, you can't pitch in the bigs.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
        I believe it was Keith Law who was suggesting Stroman is another year away. PLus, looking at his numbers, he isn't missing enough bats. He projects as a reliever given the fastball contact.

Jenkins is not a MLB starter. His ERA in AA was close to 5.00. If you can't dominate at AA, you can't pitch in the bigs.
        Not entirely true. There are guys who sucked in the minors and than made it to the bigs and stuck. Never got sent back down.
        If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• In 3 games with the Jays this year, Jenkins has a 1-0 record with a 3.60 ERA.
          Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Yeah but if you saw Jenkins pitch in the MLB it's a different story, he pitched well. I see Stroman as more of a reliever too, but what we need is more starting pitching depth, so obviously have to look at options in the system.. I know we have Drabek and Hutchinson who should be ready for next season if there aren't any more injuries or set backs, but we go through arms very quickly.

I think you look past the numbers in certain cases, especially when you're having a year like this with all the injuries and guys dramatically under preforming. Ricky Romero never dominated the minors at all, he had multiple mediocre seasons and then was called up and quickly became our number one guy.

I know a lot of people are saying we're the worst in the league but that's bs.. If guys performed to their abilities like Dickey (He's no Cy Young winner in the AL, but an ERA of roughly 4 is where he should be), Josh Johnson, there's no way he should have an era of like 7.. Buehrle as well, he started the season horribly. We lack pitching depth but our bullpen is one of the strongest in the league and our hitting (currently. They're pretty inconsistent as well) is pretty solid.. We have what should be a top 10 lineup.. There was too much hype for the team, but for good reason.. Now we're just another Boston of last year, like the Angels too, I had the Angels going deep in the playoffs, killer lineup but they've had the exact same problems.

Comment

• Boston gave up last year cause they didn't like Bobby V. I haven't heard any rumours to do with players and Gibby.
              If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

• Yeah but he's also not much of a motivator either if you haven't noticed. Relaxed is a great approach until the sh*t hits the fan.

I agree with the Bobby V. thing but I don't think that was the sole issue, guys just didn't perform. I don't think anyone would argue that the biggest mistake the Red Sox made was firing Francona, I'm glad he's with the Indians

Comment

• Btw were there rumors guys didn't get along with Farrell either during the year? I don't remember any, but when the season ended and he left, guys started talking..

Comment

• Guys didn't perform on purpose because they wanted Valentine gone.

Pedroia hated him. I think the guys that got traded hated him. The whole team pretty much wanted him gone and played like shit to ensure that.

I don't remember hearing things on Farrell.

I heard gibby wasn't all too "laid back" first time around when he was manager..

Comment

• Comment

• That was dirrrty

Comment

• Brett Lawrie is the only reason to watch the Blue Jays these days.
                          Mamba Mentality

Comment

• Ya Lawrie is poised to win a Gold Glove one of these days. And he's only 23?!

Comment

• Lawrie with the Walk-off last night?! Amazing!

Comment

• Johnson could be gone for the rest of the season.. might make it easier for us to re-sign him in the offseason .. just wondering if we want to re-sign him. Lol

Comment

Working...
                                X