The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Jays trade Bautista to Phillies for Dominic Brown and pieces? ... Interesting.
    If this is true, there must be much more to the deal. The rumoured Bautista for Brown and pieces favours Philly heavily.
    Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

• Eric Akshinthala wrote: View Post
      If this is true, there must be much more to the deal. The rumoured Bautista for Brown and pieces favours Philly heavily.
      Its hard to find any good information on the deal just yet, but I have to imagine AA is getting a good deal; as a straight up I completely agree with you though. But Jose is injury prone and 7 years older than Brown. If Brown continues to show improvement, he could be the next Jose / Edwin.

Comment

• Dr. James Naismith wrote: View Post
        Regardless if its to Philly or not, the time is right to move Jose. He's injury prone and starting the tail end of his career now. We're definitely not selling high, but perhaps the next best stage to that. Right now moving him to acquire a young solid player in Brown and perhaps a decent arm would be an upgrade for this sad franchise. JMO
        Completely agree. This is the last off-season Jose will have any trade value if he gets injured again.

Comment

• Kinsler to Detroit for Fielder..could of been the Jays
          If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• LBF wrote: View Post
            Kinsler to Detroit for Fielder..could of been the Jays
            I like Kinsler but at 62 mil. for the next 4 years, he may be expensive. They'll probably try to fill the hole at 2nd base. If not, Ryan Goins is perfectly capable of handling 2nd base duties. He overachieved offensively and might not repeat but very few can match his defensive skills.
            Attitude Is A Choice.

Comment

I like Kinsler but at 62 mil. for the next 4 years, he may be expensive. They'll probably try to fill the hole at 2nd base. If not, Ryan Goins is perfectly capable of handling 2nd base duties. He overachieved offensively and might not repeat but very few can match his defensive skills.
              I hope so. You've gotta think last year was the perfect Shit Storm for this team. From the previous season's pitching injuries carrying over to this year, to this years starting staff crumbling in the same way in a sense. The WBC effecting the team from Spring Training, early season injuries to key guys like Lawrie and more importantly Reyes. Ugh, most frustrating season I've seen from a team I love with so much talent since the '08 Dallas Cowboys... Romero and Josh Johnson were barely even shells of their former selves.

I don't know what's going to happen in the off-season, but I'm definitely going into this next season with a jaded sense of all teams Toronto lol... We always have such high hopes, and a lot of the time us fans fall for the bullshit management gives us. I stopped that with the Leafs back in the 90's, been trying to do it with the Raps the last couple seasons, and now I will attempt with the Jays. When I don't have fun watching my teams on TV anymore, I know I've went too far. I just try to take it for what it is these days... entertainment on my TV.

/rant over

Comment

I don't give a fuck about the money. All I care about is proven all-star caliber talent. Rogers is rich as fuck, money should not be an issue.

And that's the typical crap that us fans get sold on every year, guys like Ryan Goins. I don't want someone adequate, I want a bonafide star!

THe Jays are one of those teams that are always waiting for the pins to drop before they make their moves. It's time they start being one of those teams that makes the pins drop, not the team that waits.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Comment

I don't give a fuck about the money. All I care about is proven all-star caliber talent. Rogers is rich as fuck, money should not be an issue.

And that's the typical crap that us fans get sold on every year, guys like Ryan Goins. I don't want someone adequate, I want a bonafide star!

THe Jays are one of those teams that are always waiting for the pins to drop before they make their moves. It's time they start being one of those teams that makes the pins drop, not the team that waits.
                  Dude, what are you talking about? Does your memory go back as far as 12 months? Holy hell.

As for the specific deal, Kinsler was never a realistic option in Toronto cause the Jays weren't moving Bautista or EE for a declining Kinsler. Give your head a shake.... It's a salary dump by Detroit so they can extend Scherzer and eventually Cabrera.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                    Dude, what are you talking about? Does your memory go back as far as 12 months? Holy hell.

As for the specific deal, Kinsler was never a realistic option in Toronto cause the Jays weren't moving Bautista or EE for a declining Kinsler. Give your head a shake.... It's a salary dump by Detroit so they can extend Scherzer and eventually Cabrera.
                    Yes, they went and acquired a bunch of high-risk, high-reward type players. But, the risk far out-weighed the reward in hindsight and that was even talked about when they acquired those players.

Johnson was a guy trying to return to form, Cabrera was a guy coming off a suspension from taking PEDs, Buerhle was a solid pitcher(past his prime, albeit), Reyes had trouble staying healthy..

We basically took the Miami Marlins of 2012 and ended up...like the Miami Marlins of 2012.

Also, a declining Kinsler..yes, true. But, incase you didn't realize Bautista and Encarnacion are also declining..

In other news,

David Freese to the Angels for Peter Bourjous

Comment

In other news,

David Freese to the Angels for Peter Bourjous
                      Um, so? In other news, I just had a sandwich.

Comment

• slaw wrote: View Post
                        Um, so? In other news, I just had a sandwich.
                        You realize this is the MLB thread?

Comment

• McCann to the Yankees 5 years/85 million

Comment

• Jays going after Samardzija

Comment

• Raptor_11 wrote: View Post
                              Jays going after Samardzija
                              they could really do better than Sam..

Comment

• Anthopoulos isn't going to do anything. What he really should be doing is building back the farm system. Trade off everyone - Bautista, Buerhle, Encarnacion, Dickey, Reyes and just start with the younger guys - Rasmus, Lawrie, Gose. It's gonna be hard to leapfrog teams that finished ahead and got stronger. It makes no sense to stay status quo and just hope for the best.

Comment

Working...
                                X