The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey wrote: View Post
    I could honestly see Price staying in Toronto. Toronto has a GREAT history of Quality Pitchers coming through these doors and winning Cy Youngs here. Not to mention, I don't think Rogers will skimp when it comes to resigning Price either. That's a huge marketing ploy to dish out a few hundred million dollars of good will into the city.
    Seems like the consensus is Price will be getting a 7 yr deal in LA or NY. It's a rental. Shame since he is a player Jays should break the 5 yr limit on, but then that opens the floodgates

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
      Seems like the consensus is Price will be getting a 7 yr deal in LA or NY. It's a rental. Shame since he is a player Jays should break the 5 yr limit on, but then that opens the floodgates
      We'll see! No reason Toronto can't offer the same. Been a LONG time since we had a player like Price .. like Halladay long.

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
        We'll see! No reason Toronto can't offer the same. Been a LONG time since we had a player like Price .. like Halladay long.
        I find these self imposed limits so dumb... It severely hampers your ability to be competitive. I mean, you're really going to refuse to give a guy you just sold have your farm for, an extra 2 years simply because *6 year old girl voice* "I don't wanna!"
        A key that opens many locks is a master key, but a lock that gets open by many keys is just a shitty lock

Comment

• Can we all agree we're AA fans? Talk about Nerd-Cool!

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
            Can we all agree we're AA fans? Talk about Nerd-Cool!
            if they dont get into the playoffs, its a case of too little too late. they should have also tried for Zobrist considering the injury problems, lack of lefty hitting, and a player with a good OBP. they need to go all in on Price this offseason

Comment

• I've heard up to $200 million contract for Price when he hits free agency. No way Rogers will shell out anywhere close to that.
              If we knew half as much about coaching an NBA team as we think, we"d know twice as much as we do.

Comment

• Um. Roger Lajoie. The best 590 broacaster? ('sides McCowan, 'course.)

Any argument?

(Just a thought).

Comment

Any argument?

(Just a thought).
                  And Wilner. Callin' the games.

Comment

• The Blue Jays fan-base oughtta be required to have a REFERENDUM on Alex ANTHOPOLOUS

RIGHT NOW, no?!!

Approval rating today?

Honestly?

97% today, right?

Fickle Bitches.

Comment

• Mike Leake just went for 2 prospects. Checking the stats .... he's pretty good!

But he's not quite Price, right

Pretty good though.

Comment

• CBS Overnight declares the Toronto BLUE JAYS the winners of the TRADE DEADLINE.

Comment

• Amy Lawrernce, right?

Wrong?

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                            if they dont get into the playoffs, its a case of too little too late. they should have also tried for Zobrist considering the injury problems, lack of lefty hitting, and a player with a good OBP. they need to go all in on Price this offseason
                            Nope. A reliable veteran 4th starter, before the window closes ... for depth, at least. Like Estrada.

(Hutch - at 24 - may not be reliable.)
                            Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Fri Jul 31, 2015, 06:57 AM.

Comment

• 3inthekeon wrote: View Post
                              I've heard up to $200 million contract for Price when he hits free agency. No way Rogers will shell out anywhere close to that.
                              I'm not sure why you say that. They paid $126M/7 years for Vernon Wells.
                              I think in the right situation, Rogers will spend the money. As I said, it will be a huge investment into Canadian goodwill, and thus marketing, to dish out and keep the guy.

Comment

Any argument?

(Just a thought).
                                Were you drinking last night?? Jojoie is not even close to best, that's why he does late night. He's just a bit above Blundell but he does know a lot more(wayyyy) about sports than Dean.

Comment

Working...
                                X