The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stretch wrote: View Post
    Jose Reyes is feeling kind of blue about being traded from a contender to cellar dweller. New York Times article:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/08/12/sp...-the-hunt.html
    Thanks for this. I feel very sorry for him and wish him some luck. As talented and positive a guy as he is ... it's gotta be tough to be put so quickly and squarely in the "Pete Best" position.
    Last edited by Wild-ling#1; Thu Aug 13, 2015, 12:04 PM.

Comment

• Wild-ling#1 wrote: View Post
      Thanks for this. I feel very sorry for the guy and wish him some luck.
      "Very" sorry? The only time I feel sympathy for. Athletes is death or illness or some other great misfortune to a loved one or themselves. 22 million dollars to play on a below average yet world classs team draws crocodile tears.
      9 time first team all-RR, First Ballot Hall of Forum

Comment

Thanks for this. I feel very sorry for him and wish him some luck. As talented and positive a guy as he is ... it's gotta be tough to be put so quickly and squarely in the "Pete Best" position.
        Seemed like a nice guy but wouldn't change positions. He was hurting the team playing SS

Comment

• So do we rather have RA Dickey or "Thor" Syndergaard?

Comment

• Joey wrote: View Post
            So do we rather have RA Dickey or "Thor" Syndergaard?
            There is no question about this question. But, when you are always dealing your DEEP pool of pitching prospects for established vets, you're bound to lose a trade here and there. A month ago, everyone was bringing up this trade and saying "AA sucks". Now, nobody gives a rats ass

Comment

All shall be forgiven if the Jays win the series!

My thinking has always been not to sign a high priced NL picher....the risk being they are unused to the designated hitter in the AL. Risky.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

My thinking has always been not to sign a high priced NL picher....the risk being they are unused to the designated hitter in the AL. Risky.
                Also that he is a knucklballer old man. Ah well, jays are all in, and RA is still a decent guy for the middle-back of almost any rotation

Comment

Syndergaard but R.A has been pitching in the MLB the last couple seasons Thor hasn't. Hated the Marlins trade more

Comment

I like the Beatles analogy.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post

Um... Dickey played in the AL before going to the Mets (Texas and Seattle).
                      Axel wrote:
                      Now Cody can stop posting about this guy and we have a poster to blame if anything goes wrong!!
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      We won't hear back from him. He dissapears into thin air and reappears when you least expect it. Ten is an enigma. Ten is a legend. Ten for the motherfucking win.
                      KeonClark wrote:
                      I can't wait until the playoffs start.

Until then, opinions are like assholes. Everyone has one and they most often stink

Comment

• raptors999 wrote: View Post
                        Syndergaard but R.A has been pitching in the MLB the last couple seasons Thor hasn't. Hated the Marlins trade more
                        At least the Marlins trade eventually nabbed us Tulo. We're 12-0 with him Starting.

Comment

Without the Marlins trade we don't get Tulo.
                          Maybe, but Rockies wanted Hoffman and unload Tulo's contract. Reyes wasn't really wanted. Same with Buerhle, if a team wanted that contract Marlins would have dumped him

Comment

• Jays win again on a 3 run Goins "blast". 16 consecutive QS

Comment

• What more can you really say at this point..

Comment

• How the hell was there a Sell-Out at Rogers Center today?! Unbelievable!

And why the hell was it an Afternoon game today??

Comment

Working...
                                X