Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread: The Toronto Blue Jays/MLB Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    I'd be surprised if the Jays win this. I don't think they'll even make a bid. I think the Rangers will win (or the Marlins)
    Fraley at the Dallas Morning News is reporting that the general belief around baseball is that the Jays won the Darvish posting with a bid somehwere around the Dice-K bid (~$50mm). NYPost is also reporting that the belief is that the Jays outbid the Rangers and Yanks. Elliott at the Sun is reporting that Rogers told AA "whatever it costs, sign him".

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    Fraley at the Dallas Morning News is reporting that the general belief around baseball is that the Jays won the Darvish posting with a bid somehwere around the Dice-K bid (~$50mm). NYPost is also reporting that the belief is that the Jays outbid the Rangers and Yanks. Elliott at the Sun is reporting that Rogers told AA "whatever it costs, sign him".
    AA duped some of us. I'm hoping the Jays win his rights. it's like getting a free-free agent. The kid is a legit 1-2 starter at worst. We wouldn't have to give up any draft selections or prospects in the matter. Good on Rogers - who are arguably the wealthiest owner in MLB - telling AA to sign the kid at whatever costs.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Holy shit i just heard !!!!!!!! this is awesome he's a beast !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Top5Pick wrote: View Post
    Holy shit i just heard !!!!!!!! this is awesome he's a beast !!!
    It's not done yet. Griffin is reporting that nothing has changed but that his/a(?) Japanese source says Jays won. I won't believe this until it is formally announced casue the Cubs, Nats and Mariners are also in the running according to the rumour mill.

Speaking of which, how long does it take to look at a number on a sheet of paper? Nippon isn't told the team that had the bid they just get a number... on a sheet of paper. Why do you need 4 days to figure out if it's high enough? They can't negotiate a higher bid. The number is what it is. Ridiculous.

Post Thanks / Like

If true, this is fantastic news.

Once again, Rogers has proven to be a VERY good owner for the Blue Jays.
    Willing to pay money, when (and only when) its the right time to do so.

Love how the Blue Jays have been all over the American Media this summer.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently, Nippon-Ham saw the offer and were very pleased with it, so no doubt they'll be accepting. As for who the highest bidder is, not too many people know.

Post Thanks / Like

This system the Japanese have set up is pretty impressive. haha

Pay $50M just to talk our guy. Then pay another $50 for his contract.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

From the looks of it, it'll probably be a 5-year, 75 million contract. He gets paid 6 mil a season via his contract and another 6 million from endorsements, so chances are, the Jays are looking upwards of at least 70 mil a season. 75 sounds about right.

Post Thanks / Like

actually it's rumoured he's seeking 5/75
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post

Yu Darvish: cheapest free agent ever?

Post Thanks / Like
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Prime wrote: View Post
    Yu Darvish: cheapest free agent ever?
    Haha, Indeed, 50 bucks would be quite the bargain!!

Either way, when the bidding for Dice-K went down, the first reports about the high bid were saying Boston had posted the highest, and they turned out to be the true winner. Here's hoping history repeats itself with accurate reports. This could be huge for the Blue Jays.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

it's now reported that the bid was over the 51.1 bid for daisuke. which, makes you wonder just who had that bid and where these reports are coming from seeing as everyone thought they had the exact amount of money and now they apparently don't.

it went from 48 mill. and all of the sudden as we get closer it's rapidly changing. which means nobody has any idea who won and what the winning bid is until tuesday.so,any report that is not from the nippon ham fighters is bullocks.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    it's now reported that the bid was over the 51.1 bid for daisuke. which, makes you wonder just who had that bid and where these reports are coming from seeing as everyone thought they had the exact amount of money and now they apparently don't.

it went from 48 mill. and all of the sudden as we get closer it's rapidly changing. which means nobody has any idea who won and what the winning bid is until tuesday.so,any report that is not from the nippon ham fighters is bullocks.
    Same thing happened with Dice-K actually and Bostons bid. It was initially reported to be around $40M, and though the number was off, the team reported was very much accurate.
    In Masai we Trust.

Post Thanks / Like

it's either the rangers or the jays. although, the darkhorse is the cubs.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    it's either the rangers or the jays. although, the darkhorse is the cubs.
    The Boston GLobe ruled out the Cubs who had posted a "modest bid". Nats didn't bid. Yankees have indicated they don't expect to win. Red Sox didn't bid. I believe the Angels also indicated they did not bid. Mets have no cash. Dodgers either. Phillies didn't bid. You can infer from that list that it's down to Texas and Toronto.

The reason for all the varying numbers is that no one knows what the bids are outside of a handful of people at MLB and the Fighters. So, people are just making up crap. I do suspect that the various affected GMs have likely been in touch and have some idea of what others bid.

Anyway, we'll know tonight....

Raptors Republic All-Star e2thed's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Hope Jays get him, hes a beast.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote slaw wrote: View Post
    The Boston GLobe ruled out the Cubs who had posted a "modest bid". Nats didn't bid. Yankees have indicated they don't expect to win. Red Sox didn't bid. I believe the Angels also indicated they did not bid. Mets have no cash. Dodgers either. Phillies didn't bid. You can infer from that list that it's down to Texas and Toronto.

The reason for all the varying numbers is that no one knows what the bids are outside of a handful of people at MLB and the Fighters. So, people are just making up crap. I do suspect that the various affected GMs have likely been in touch and have some idea of what others bid.

Anyway, we'll know tonight....
    you're kind of just relaying what I already kenw. but, no harm done.

Post Thanks / Like

seriously, Toronto supposedly made a monster bid that topped all other bids. Rogers says go hard after this guy and i'm beggining to think the bid was that 48 mill that was being thrown around. Seriously, that's week.

Fuckin' bullshit.

A multi-billion dollar corporation just got beat out by Nolan Ryan, for fuck sakes!!!!!!!!

Page 9 of 46 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information