MVP Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MVP Discussion

Well this year seems like it could be one of the tightest and spread out MVP votes in a while. There hasn't really been a clear cut, outright MVP of the season so far, and it doesn't look like anyone is going to emerge. (I know, Lebron had his big games, but still...)

So I put it to you guys, who's your MVP? What is the REAL criteria for selecting an MVP?
    Best player on the Best Team? The Player that means the Most to his specific team? A player that has garnered the most attention for his or her market? Turned around a teams fortunes? Many criteria can be used, but ultimately, more or less everyone agrees, that dominance lends itself to an MVP selection.
    Anyone dominating in your minds?

Considering who LeBron is playing with and still getting the stats he's getting, it should be him. He impacts his team a rediculous amount and without him the heat wouldn't be where they are.

However, Rose also deserves some recognition and I'm sure will be in running for the award

Comment

the real criteria for an mvp is rather a name LEBRON.

I mean dude has been insanely good.

rose has been excellent, and he's second on my list. but, i mean he is even a significant drop off to lebron, that's how good he's been.

p.s. anyone have any doubts that kevin love isn't already the MIP?
      If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

It's LeBron. The man is a phenomenal even though I think he's a punk d-bag.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
          p.s. anyone have any doubts that kevin love isn't already the MIP?
          Never even thought about that... hard to not think so though. MIN getting rid of Jefferson was the best thing they ever did.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            It's LeBron. The man is a phenomenal even though I think he's a punk d-bag.
            Can't disagree with any of that.

Comment

1. LeBron James
              2. Derrick Rose
              3. Chris Paul
              4. Dwight Howard
              5. Kobe Bryant
              6. Amare Stoudemire
              7. Kevin Durant
              8. Dirk Nowitzki
              9. Steve Nash
              10. Deron Williams

Comment

LeBron James.

Comment

Derrick Rose is NBA's MVP for the 2010-11 Season.

CHICAGO (AP) -- Chicago Bulls star Derrick Rose is the NBA's MVP, becoming the youngest player in league history to win the award, a person familiar with the situation told The Associated Press.

The person spoke Monday night on the condition of anonymity because a formal announcement has not been made. That could come Tuesday, with a formal presentation before Game 2 of the Eastern Conference semifinals.

The news is hardly a surprise.

Rose is the second Bulls player to win the MVP but has a ways to go before he catches Michael Jordan, who won five - but he sure is off to a good start. In his third year, the dynamic point guard led the Bulls to their best season since the Jordan-Scottie Pippen championship era.

"If I get it? It'll be nice, unbelievable, a goal that in the beginning in the year I said I wanted to achieve," Rose said recently when asked what the award would mean to him. "It would be huge, not only for me, but for the city."

He ended the two-year MVP reign of LeBron James, who spurned the Bulls and bolted from Cleveland to form a superstar triumvirate with Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh in Miami. The 22-year-old Rose also supplanted Wes Unseld as the youngest MVP. He was 23 was the rookie of the year and MVP with Baltimore Bullets for the 1968-69 season.
                  Source

ADD
                  Derrick Rose of the Chicago Bulls is the winner of the Maurice Podoloff Trophy as the 2010-11 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player Award, the NBA announced today. Rose, who does not turn 23 until Oct. 4, becomes the league's youngest MVP, a distinction previously held by Wes Unseld, who earned the honor in 1968-69 as a 23-year-old.

Rose totaled 1,182 points including 113 first-place votes, from a panel of 120 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada as well as an NBA MVP fan vote. For the second consecutive season, the NBA and Kia Motors America gave fans the opportunity to submit their votes by ranking their top five choices through a dedicated Web page on NBA.com. The fan vote counted as one vote and was compiled with the 120 media votes to determine the winner. Players were awarded 10 points for each first-place vote, seven points for each second-place vote, five for third, three for fourth and one for each fifth-place vote received.
                  Source
                  Last edited by Joey; Tue May 3, 2011, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X