Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The starting centre for your 2011-2012 Raptors is...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The starting centre for your 2011-2012 Raptors is...

I think we can all agree this team needs a pivot who defends and rebounds at the 5 if Bargnani is going to be a part of this team. Who is your pick, either through (over paid FE) or the draft, to man the 5 for the Raps next year?

1. Kendrick Perkins
    2. Marc Gasol
    3. Enes Kanter
    4. DeAndre Jordan
    5. Tyson Chandler
    6. Joel Pryzbilla
    7. Sam Dalembert
    8. Jonas Valanciunas

Feel free to add another name, and consider potential salary. I like Perk myself. The guy is so damned angry. Sure his offense is 0, but his rebounding stats are a tad low due to Bostons commitment to transition D.

Who are we kidding there is only one answer to this question, Andrea Bargnani.
    Deadallus

Comment

Unfortunately, our starting C for the 2011-2012 season will probably be Bargs.

I hate Perkins for some reason (not as player, as a person), but he is exactly what we need on this team. I'd throw $40M over 5 years at him. Marc Gasol doesn't intrigue me as much as he does most Raps fans. Tyson would be nice next to Bargs. The rest you mentioned I would only consider as solid back ups.

Other than that, Javale McGee is someone I would try to aquire along with Hinrich from WAS.

Comment

Bargs.... ugh. Can we please just pretend for this thread that this won't be the case. Just for this thread.

Comment

Perk and Chandler...though Gasol is probably the most feasible.

Comment

I really like the idea of DeAndre Jordan. He is athletic, quick, good defender, strong rebounder, and plays with passion. But my top pick would be if we can acquire another strong draft pick would be to get Enes Kanter. He would be a great fit with the Raptors as he is a strong/physical defender, excellent rebounder, and good offensively. The difference between him and Jordan is that Kanter can also make the mid-ranger jumper as well.

My top pick for drafting is still Kyrie Irving, but if he is already gone, or we can acquire another high pick (trading Bargs or Bayless?), then adding Kanter would be great.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

mattscottnelson wrote: View Post
              Perk and Chandler...though Gasol is probably the most feasible.
              I disagree on Gasol. He is a RFA and Memphis has made it known they will sign him.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                I really like the idea of DeAndre Jordan. He is athletic, quick, good defender, strong rebounder, and plays with passion. But my top pick would be if we can acquire another strong draft pick would be to get Enes Kanter. He would be a great fit with the Raptors as he is a strong/physical defender, excellent rebounder, and good offensively. The difference between him and Jordan is that Kanter can also make the mid-ranger jumper as well.

My top pick for drafting is still Kyrie Irving, but if he is already gone, or we can acquire another high pick (trading Bargs or Bayless?), then adding Kanter would be great.
                Jordan has slipped of late but I agree with your description. With that said he is a RFA and LAC aren't going to let him go. They have a lot of cap space.

Kanter is going to be good - I do not doubt that. How long he'll be good for is my question. He could very well be this draft's Roy with his knees.

Comment

Sam Dalembert!

wait here me out......these are just ideas but it will give you a good picture....

trade jose and Evans (throw in Sunny if needed) for Iggy. Then draft Kyrie Irving (or Kemba Walker if he's gone), then draft the brazilian kid (18 year old centre who is an absolute freak) with Miami's pick....then trade the TPE, and barbosa (hate to see him go) or Kleiza for Dalembert.

starters would be: Irving (Walker), DD, Iggy, Andrea, Dalembert.
                  bench: Bayless, Barbosa or Kleiza (whoever doesn't get traded), Julian Wright, Ed Davis, Amir, Ajinca (dont care about keeping him or not) and the Brazilian Kid.

I think that would be a good lineup to let develop....The reason why I would pick Dalembert is he is available in trade and plays D and rebounds....the rest are just pipe dreams (ex. Chandler, Dallas aint letting go of him) or not a great fit/not starters (ex. Pryzbilla)

Comment

If Bargs is going to be part of the team you need a 4 that can rebound like a 5 and defend 4s. Bargs is a decent one-on-one post defender (his help defence is awful) but he can not guard power forwards...

If you want a starting 5 that can rebound and defend 5s you can't have Bargs on the team (or, in the alternative, he can't start) .

Comment

If Bargnani is the starting center after the trade deadline next year, I'm starting a petition. And a website.

I have little interest in guys like Tyson Chandler, Joel Pryzbilla or Sam Dalembert because they wouldn't be long term solutions. Gasol and Perkins would definitely be intriguing, but my only problem with Perkins is that, if paired with Davis and Johnson, it wouldn't give the Raptors much of a scoring threat down low. I'm obviously a big believer in a good defensive front line, but you also need someone that can score and attract double teams down low.

If his knees are healthy, Enes Kanter would be a great compliment to Davis and Johnson. He's got the strength and bulk that those two lack, can score inside and out, but he also likes to do the dirty work.

Valanciunas is intriguing and he very well might end up being a very good player, but I see him as too similar to Davis and Johnson. In fact, he seems like a taller Amir Johnson, with both the strengths and weaknesses, including fouling.

I actually think Ed Davis might eventually be able to develop into a center, if he gains a lot of muscle, obviously. He's got the length.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                        Jordan has slipped of late but I agree with your description. With that said he is a RFA and LAC aren't going to let him go. They have a lot of cap space.

Kanter is going to be good - I do not doubt that. How long he'll be good for is my question. He could very well be this draft's Roy with his knees.
                        Do you know what is the concern with his knees? I keep reading that there are some concerns, but at other moments I read that those concerns are minimal and that there is nothing structurally wrong. Not sure what to think. When I read such conflicting reports (with nothing specific in regards to what the concern is), I get more of a DeJuan Blair feel then a Brandon Roy. If you know anything specific about his knee situation, please let me know.

In regards to DeAndre Jordan, he is only party considered a Restricted Free Agent. Due to being a Second Round Pick and signing a 3-yr deal, I believe he is only a RFA up to the amount of a mid-level exception. If he was willing to sign in Toronto (or somewhere else for that matter) for more then the MLE then the Clippers would not be able to hold onto him and the contract would stand with the new team.
                        http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Scarsville wrote: View Post
                          Sam Dalembert!

wait here me out......these are just ideas but it will give you a good picture....

trade jose and Evans (throw in Sunny if needed) for Iggy. Then draft Kyrie Irving (or Kemba Walker if he's gone), then draft the brazilian kid (18 year old centre who is an absolute freak) with Miami's pick....then trade the TPE, and barbosa (hate to see him go) or Kleiza for Dalembert.

starters would be: Irving (Walker), DD, Iggy, Andrea, Dalembert.
                          bench: Bayless, Barbosa or Kleiza (whoever doesn't get traded), Julian Wright, Ed Davis, Amir, Ajinca (dont care about keeping him or not) and the Brazilian Kid.

I think that would be a good lineup to let develop....The reason why I would pick Dalembert is he is available in trade and plays D and rebounds....the rest are just pipe dreams (ex. Chandler, Dallas aint letting go of him) or not a great fit/not starters (ex. Pryzbilla)
                          You think the other centers are pipe dreams but you think Sacramento would trade Dalembert and his expiring contract for Kleiza? Or that Philly would trade Calderon and Evans for Iguodala?
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

SweetRiverBaines wrote: View Post
                            If Bargs is going to be part of the team you need a 4 that can rebound like a 5 and defend 4s. Bargs is a decent one-on-one post defender (his help defence is awful) but he can not guard power forwards...

If you want a starting 5 that can rebound and defend 5s you can't have Bargs on the team (or, in the alternative, he can't start) .
                            The Raptors already have two PFs that rebound and defend. And Bargnani is still a liability.
                            Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                              Do you know what is the concern with his knees? I keep reading that there are some concerns, but at other moments I read that those concerns are minimal and that there is nothing structurally wrong. Not sure what to think. When I read such conflicting reports (with nothing specific in regards to what the concern is), I get more of a DeJuan Blair feel then a Brandon Roy. If you know anything specific about his knee situation, please let me know.
                              I don't think anyone really knows about his knees. He's missed time with knee injuries in the past, but until he gets checked out, no one knows anything. If he's healthy, I think he's the second player I'd take in the draft behind Irving.
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                              X