Draft Day Trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Matt52 wrote: View Post
    DET-MIN-CLE trades goes down with DET getting Ridnour and #32; MIN getting 4 and 8; CLE buying out Rip and #2 pick.

Enter Toronto:

MIN sends Flynn, Webster and #4 to Toronto for Calderon and #5.

In my opinion, it makes too much sense. The only way the MIN-TOR part does not happen is if Minnesota wants Kanter.
    With Pekovic, Milicic, KLove, ARandolph, ATolliver and MBeasely it makes zero sense for Minny to take Kanter. However, it is David Kahn..............

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
      With Pekovic, Milicic, KLove, ARandolph, ATolliver and MBeasely it makes zero sense for Minny to take Kanter. However, it is David Kahn..............
      Exactly. He drafted/traded for how many SFs last off-season? (Hint: it was more than 4 and less than 6.)

Comment

Quixotic wrote: View Post
        Exactly. He drafted/traded for how many SFs last off-season? (Hint: it was more than 4 and less than 6.)
        Ha yah and the whole Rubio/Flynn fiasco. So...they have 6 bigs, 3 points, 4 SFs if you include Beasley (I had him as a PF) as you say...and how many SGs? Rookie Wayne Ellington. Yah, so they shouldn't be looking for a 2 at all. Maybe they will get smart and try to balance their lineup. Say, in the Kahn world they could go for the 8, a mid-1st and their 20th and try to get Burks, Klay Thompson and Marshon Brooks. Nah, not Kahn.
        Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 2, 2011, 01:15 PM.

Comment

How about this trade: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=3felp5r (plus we get the Denver #22) with us flipping picks with Utah (Kanter/BKnight, $) so we would have:

PG: RFelton, JBayless, (Darius Morris?)
          SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa
          SF: JJ, LKleiza, (Tobias Harris?)
          PF: ED, Amir
          C: EKanter, TMosgov
          with $ left to go after FA's on the wing and a cheap bench big.

or (cont...)

Comment

Oof
            @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Does anyone remember how Minny traded away Lawson for nothing. Yeah.

Comment

(cont.)
                to get crazy (cuz...well I never do that with trades...)

DEN: OCasspi, LRidnour, ATolliver, LBarbosa, SAlabi
                MIN: FGarcia, JCalderon
                SAC: ABargnani, JFlynn.
                TOR: MWebster, RFelton, TMosgov, #7, #22.

Denver ships out thier #22 pick, Felton (wants out cuz won't start), and Mosgov (played a whopping 6mins/gm) ($10.6M out) for a backup PG (Ridnour), a promising SF (Casspi), a quick spark SG (Barbosa) to backup Afflalo if resigned (no other SG at this time), and a project discovered by their GM (Alabi). ($8.1M in).
                Minny ships out PG's (making room for Rubio and mentor), one of many young bigs, and one of many young SF's ($14.2M) for experience (they are saying they want), 2 spanish speaking vets (for Rubio), a veteran, spanish, friend and mentor to Rubio (Calderon) ($14.5M in). They maintain their #2 pick for further trade options or pick.
                Sacramento ships out a backup SG (Garcia will play behind TEvans), a disgruntled SF they have been shopping (Casspi), and a pick they have been shopping (#7) ($6.8M out*), for a true PG (Flynn - one of his 4 rumoured destinations), and a scoring big (Bargnani) to provide another scoring option next to TEvans to play next to DCousins. ($11.7M in).
                Toronto ships out Bargnani, Calderon, Alabi, and Barbosa ($26.2M), for the #7 & #22 picks, a 3pt threat SF (Webster), a starting PG(Felton), and a backup young big (Mosgov). ($15.4M in*)
                DRAFT: Toronto goes for Kanter, Darius Morris at #20, and either picks ABurks at #7, or flips the #7: to Houston for #14 and CLee, or to Charlotte with $ as well for #9 & 19. If flipping pick Marshon Brooks.

PG: RFelton, JBayless, DMorris
                SG: DDerozan, ABurks/MBrooks & CLee.
                SF: MWebster, JJ, LKleiza
                C: EKanter, TMosgov, Cheap bench big (Magloire?)
                With a salary in around $46M, a mixture of experience and youth with upside...
                Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 2, 2011, 04:57 PM.

Comment

From hoopsype:
                  Ryan Feldman: If Jazz/Kanter really liked each other, they'd say the meeting/workout went great. But they didn't, so somebody is unhappy
                  Now how about:
                  Utah
                  Option# 1
                  UTA: Bargnani, Bayless
                  TOR: #3 pick (Kanter), CJ Miles (Utah exercises option), MOkur (for salary considerations in Utah)

Utah gets a scoring big to play alongside Favors, big rotation of Favors, Bargnani, Jefferson and Millsap, and a backup PG to Harris. Talking about not keeping Miles as looking at Burks/Klay Thompson/Jimmer to fill his 'role'. Klay Thompson would be the best fit for them skill wise, not sure if his arrest will sway them away though.

Toronto drafts Kanter and BKnight, takes Okur (expiring) on simply to alleviate $ in Utah for the trade, gets the two pillars filled, and maintains Calderon to mentor BKnight.

PG: BKnight, JCalderon
                  SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa, CJ Miles (<=I would try to trade LB to Denver for Mosgov)
                  SF: WChandler (FA sign), JJohnson, LKleiza
                  C: Kanter, (Mosgov?), Okur
                  Salary would be a little high at just under $60M (assuming Barbosa still in) and still need to sign at least one more player (bench big), but $21M coming off (Okur, Barbosa, Miles) next year.

Option #2UTA: Calderon, Bargnani
                  TOR: #3 pick (Kanter), Okur, DHarris

Still draft Kanter and BKnight.

Utah uses Calderon in place of Harris, and drafts Fredette for change of pace.

PG: BKnight, DHarris, JBayless
                  C: Kanter, Okur
                  Salary is now in the $59M range. Expiring would be $17.4 (Barbosa and Okur). Bayless is team option for next year.

In both cases I prefer Barbosa for Mosgov to have a longer term bench C (perhaps add Bayless for #22?), but then need more at SG but that is easier to fill.
                  Last edited by Maleko; Mon Jun 6, 2011, 11:30 AM.

Comment

I think you forgot that we already TRADED AWAY Miami's pick. We trade it to Chicago for James Johnson

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                      From hoopsype:

Now how about:
                      Utah
                      Option# 1
                      UTA: Bargnani, Bayless
                      TOR: #3 pick (Kanter), CJ Miles (Utah exercises option), MOkur (for salary considerations in Utah)

Utah gets a scoring big to play alongside Favors, big rotation of Favors, Bargnani, Jefferson and Millsap, and a backup PG to Harris. Talking about not keeping Miles as looking at Burks/Klay Thompson/Jimmer to fill his 'role'. Klay Thompson would be the best fit for them skill wise, not sure if his arrest will sway them away though.

Toronto drafts Kanter and BKnight, takes Okur (expiring) on simply to alleviate $ in Utah for the trade, gets the two pillars filled, and maintains Calderon to mentor BKnight.

PG: BKnight, JCalderon
                      SG: DDerozan, LBarbosa, CJ Miles (<=I would try to trade LB to Denver for Mosgov)
                      C: Kanter, (Mosgov?), Okur
                      Salary would be a little high at just under $60M (assuming Barbosa still in) and still need to sign at least one more player (bench big), but $21M coming off (Okur, Barbosa, Miles) next year.

Option #2UTA: Calderon, Bargnani
                      TOR: #3 pick (Kanter), Okur, DHarris

Still draft Kanter and BKnight.

Utah uses Calderon in place of Harris, and drafts Fredette for change of pace.

PG: BKnight, DHarris, JBayless
                      C: Kanter, Okur
                      Salary is now in the $59M range. Expiring would be $17.4 (Barbosa and Okur). Bayless is team option for next year.

In both cases I prefer Barbosa for Mosgov to have a longer term bench C (perhaps add Bayless for #22?), but then need more at SG but that is easier to fill.
                      I like option two, and I'd take anyone from the Jazz.

Comment

DaveKim wrote: View Post
                        I think you forgot that we already TRADED AWAY Miami's pick. We trade it to Chicago for James Johnson
                        What bearing does that have on this? Trade in #68 is for Utah's #3, and draft is Kanter at 3, Knight at #5. The Chicago trade and pick is nowhere in sight here. If you are referring to trades in #67 or #64, it is explained as to which picks those are and how acquired, neither is the pick traded to Chicago.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
                          I like option two, and I'd take anyone from the Jazz.
                          I like it as well, but I still prefer flipping picks with Utah and dealing with Denver for Felton (perhaps subbing Barbosa for Bargnani but either way): http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...ton-to-Toronto

Comment

Ok, once again going for Utah:

MIN: JCalderon
                            UTA: ABargnani, JBayless
                            TOR: #3 (Kanter), Okur (salary), NPekovic, LRidnour

Minny, the much talked about vet mentor, friend to Rubio.
                            Utah gets a new shooter, effectively replaces Okur (who could return on the vet cheap if bought out, or after expiring), and Bayless as their new backup PG starter in waiting? They are expected to take either Fredette at the #12 as well.
                            Toronto gets their 2nd top 10 pick, takes Kanter and BKnight.

PG: BKnight, LRidnour
                            SF: JJ, LKleiza
                            C: Kanter, Okur (buy-out? or keep the Turk for a year for Kanter?), Pekovic, Alabi
                            Puts the salary around $50M and need another wing or two. Also of note the expiring contracts next year would be $17.5M (Barbosa, Okur). Next year draft a wing.
                            Last edited by Maleko; Wed Jun 8, 2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

That'd work. I like Okur as a backup.
                              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                                That'd work. I like Okur as a backup.
                                Actually I do too. I am not really a fan of Okur, but the Turkish connection might be a big help to Kanter's transition into the league.

ADD: I guess it would make a little more sense for Toronto though if it is Webster intead of Pekovic, assuming Okur is not bought out, since it would shore up the SF spot (without relying upon free agency in an unlnown upcoming CBA) where we are a little light with Kleiza out, and buys time for a drafted SF next year.
                                Last edited by Maleko; Thu Jun 9, 2011, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X