Has Raptors Republic lost hope?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has Raptors Republic lost hope?

Not trying to be a jerk but lately this site has been slacking.
    No Gameday match up articles, No Roll calls ( if some ppl dont like them dont read them) and very late Game Post up articles ( no LA articles of any kind today).
    Whats been going on, is there something we should know? Was somone fired?
    Maybe the Authors have given up hope on the team completely?

Just really curious because its just so sudden and kinda feels like a Bad breakup and I need closure lol. It's like were loosing Chris bosh all over again.
    Thanks

Sorry RR but im throwing you under the bus this time.

I miss the Roll Calls

Comment

seriously.. i rely on this site for the raps-related news

Comment

Agreed 100%. I NEED this site

Comment

Maybe Everyone is busy, or the team is so horrible that it just feels like we're in a slow news cycle?

I dunno, personally, I'm finding that even the Forums have been suffering, not a lot of discussions going on anymore either...Maybe we're all just subconsciously giving up and calling it a year?

But yeah, I miss all the articles too...

Comment

I apologize for this. The OP is right. We'll get things sorted.

I will move this thread to the proper forum, though.

Comment

Im staying sane by waiting for the trade deadline. I know BC is gonna cook up something to talk about. when he does the Forums will be going wild.

No need to apologize i was just curious, thanks Ars. Im just having a little bit of fun and there is alot of questions surrounding this topic lately.

Comment

It's hard to blame the forums for being sparse. There hasn't been any news out of Raptorland, so, all that's really left to discuss is the current slate of players, trades, the draft and the games. With the exception of the games, it seems everything that can be said has already been said. What of Bargnani? Well, what's left to say that hasn't been already? Same goes, for example, for Jose. Half the team has been down with injury, so it's not like we've been able to discuss the progress of Weems or Kleiza. They simply haven't played enough. Ditto for Bayless. Without playing time, all we can do as fans is wonder about potential, and without development time, those discussions play out pretty quickly for want of new data.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  Not trying to be a jerk but lately this site has been slacking.
                  No Gameday match up articles, No Roll calls ( if some ppl dont like them dont read them) and very late Game Post up articles ( no LA articles of any kind today).
                  Whats been going on, is there something we should know? Was somone fired?
                  Maybe the Authors have given up hope on the team completely?

Just really curious because its just so sudden and kinda feels like a Bad breakup and I need closure lol. It's like were loosing Chris bosh all over again.
                  Thanks

Sorry RR but im throwing you under the bus this time.
                  So, instead of "throwing people under the bus", why don't you start it up? If it's something you'd like to see, be pro-active about it. Complaining how it doesn't exist doesn't create a solution for the problem.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    So, instead of "throwing people under the bus", why don't you start it up? If it's something you'd like to see, be pro-active about it. Complaining how it doesn't exist doesn't create a solution for the problem.
                    I'm not sure persterm is in a position to force the authors to write articles again...
                    Arsenalist already agreed that Persterm was right, and this Forum IS for Feedback, and thats exactly what he was doing.
                    So again, I do agree that being pro-active with ones problems in life is a great thing to live by.. sometimes you're not reeally in a position to just make things happen.. and luckily for us, RR is kind enough to give us a place to provide feedback; 'complaining' as you put it.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      I'm not sure persterm is in a position to force the authors to write articles again...
                      Arsenalist already agreed that Persterm was right, and this Forum IS for Feedback, and thats exactly what he was doing.
                      So again, I do agree that being pro-active with ones problems in life is a great thing to live by.. sometimes you're not reeally in a position to just make things happen.. and luckily for us, RR is kind enough to give us a place to provide feedback; 'complaining' as you put it.
                      Ask not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum.

If you're looking for a daily papers thread, that can be arranged. Pre-game thread, that can be done, stuff like that can be done - and anyone can do it - it doesn't take a mod or admin to do that. A forum is only as good as its members.

I think it would have been best as a PM, not necessarily something done out in the open. Blasting it in the open wasn't necessarily the best route to go..especially not with a title like "Has this place lost hope?"

Comment

Ask not what your forum can do for you, but what you can do for your forum.

If you're looking for a daily papers thread, that can be arranged. Pre-game thread, that can be done, stuff like that can be done - and anyone can do it - it doesn't take a mod or admin to do that. A forum is only as good as its members.

I think it would have been best as a PM, not necessarily something done out in the open. Blasting it in the open wasn't necessarily the best route to go..especially not with a title like "Has this place lost hope?"
                        For me, it's not about regurgitating a bunch of Newpaper links. And I'm sure this is not what pesterm is alluding too, either. I discovered this site because of the original content and opinions being expressed here. Not just the Forum, but the actual site, Mango. Original articles, that added to a very wide open conversation. Original podcasts etc. The Forum has turned into a very large part of what this site offers, but it used to offer much more, and I believe this is what is being pointed at. I agree that perhaps he could have approached in a more diplomatic way, but that's really the point.

And a PM would have been fine, but because he posted it as a thread he was able to confirm his own suspicions with other people who have noticed the same problems with the site. I think it was a fine idea.

Comment

The idea of podcasts have been brought up in the past. Staff said they would be on it. But like I said before, if you want the site to be better, there's gotta be some involvement.

As for the "regurgitating a bunch of Newpaper links" comment, while it didn't take me a long time to do it (did it on my morning break), I did it on my own time for the enjoyment of others on this site and I really didn't appreciate the remark.

Comment

As for the "regurgitating a bunch of Newpaper links" comment, while it didn't take me a long time to do it (did it on my morning break), I did it on my own time for the enjoyment of others on this site and I really didn't appreciate the remark.
                            I aimed this at your point saying 'Daily Papers Thread can be arranged'. I didn't even see that you had set up that Daily News Thread. It's very commendable, and we all appreciate it, and I apologize if my comment seemed to be snarky and unappreciative of what you did; but as I said, thats not the point.

It's not really fair of you to slag on someone for posting feedback in the feedback section. As I've said, I do agree with what you are saying. Be involved in solving your own problems, fully agree. But when somebody offers a service and asks for feedback, I don't think they are also asking or requesting that you take it into your own hands to make THEIR product better...

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              I aimed this at your point saying 'Daily Papers Thread can be arranged'. I didn't even see that you had set up that Daily News Thread. It's very commendable, and we all appreciate it, and I apologize if my comment seemed to be snarky and unappreciative of what you did; but as I said, thats not the point.

It's not really fair of you to slag on someone for posting feedback in the feedback section. As I've said, I do agree with what you are saying. Be involved in solving your own problems, fully agree. But when somebody offers a service and asks for feedback, I don't think they are also asking or requesting that you take it into your own hands to make THEIR product better...
                              I don't mind people speaking up and saying what they would LIKE to see on this site, but I guess my beef was the OP's poor choice of words, or even being not being proactive, like I had stated before. If everyone just sits back, nothing gets done. It's quite easy to sit back and complain about what's not being done. The OP, shoud he/she have felt that there was something missing, like a post game article or no match up articles, he's/she's more than welcome to contribute something, you know what I mean? Anybody can write an article - it doesn't have to be mods or admins. If everyone pitches in, this place can really be something special.

Comment

Working...
                              X