Bosh to LAC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh to LAC

I was bored so I ventured onto ESPN Trade Machine and see what I can get for Christopher.

Bosh (you can add POB or Wright) for Camby, Butler, DeAndre Jordan (or Al Thronton), and 1st round pick.

You're probably thinking why would LAC accept this when they already have Griffin or Kaman and they could possibly only have Bosh for half the year. Well because one thing is that Bosh brings some creditability and some fanfare to the Clips, plus this might motivate Baron Davis (when hes on maybe the best PG in the league). They would also have the first opportunity to sign Bosh.

For the Raptors they get the cap-space (2 expiring contracts), the low-post defence presence to protect Bargs, the defensive + three point shot in Rasual Butler, a prospect (Thornton or Jordan), and draft pick (probably in the teens).

What do you guys think
    Last edited by Babyface_killah; Sun Jan 3, 2010, 02:18 AM.

I'm thinking why the hell would the Raptors accept this. It does bring a pick and cap relief which is great, but I'm not solid on Jordan or Thornton. They're nowhere near the caliber of player Bosh is. I think we can do better bartering with GSW.

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
      I'm thinking why the hell would the Raptors accept this. It does bring a pick and cap relief which is great, but I'm not solid on Jordan or Thornton. They're nowhere near the caliber of player Bosh is. I think we can do better bartering with GSW.
      And get a package with Biedrins (his defence is overrated) as the main piece is better? Also I chose the Clippers because of the better chance of Bosh resigning there, they have the talent (Davis, Kaman, Gordon, Griffin), and they have the big market for Chris to star in. GSW knows that their orgainzation is mess and that they would have likely zero chance of re-signing Bosh, so why give up young players for rental player. Realistically I don't see any other team that would give up high-end prospects for half a year of Bosh.

Comment

For a trade like this to happen, it would probably mean that Bosh secretly told BC that he wants out and BC is recovering some assets. In that light, this would be a great deal for Bosh. However, if I was BC, I would shop Bosh around and allow him to talk with the trading team about signing with the team; almost becoming like an in-season sign and trade. I would ask Bosh for a list of teams he would be willing to sign an extenstion for and try to make a deal with them. The team would then have the security of knowing they have Bosh for a few years and consequently offer more in return.

Following your trade, say Bosh decided that the Clips was one team that he would sign an extenstion for (ewwwww). A favourable deal for the Raptors with this in mind would be:

Clips Recieve:
        Bosh 15.7

Raptors Recieve:
        Gordon: 2.89
        Camby: 7.65 (expiring)
        Mark Madsen: 2.84 (expiring)
        Craig Smith: 2.5
        DeAndre Jordon: .736
        1 First Round Pick
        1 Second Round Pick

Total 16.62

I feel Eric Gordon + 2 draft picks and flexibility would be a good trade for the Raptors. Another option would be to add a bad contract (Banks) and keep the lesser prospect. Of course, this trade is contingent on Colangelo trading away some other salary cap deadweight (Hedo + Bargnani + Jose + even Jack if you want to start rebuilding properly) and starting again with a core of:

Eric Gordon + Demar DeRozan + Clips First Round Pick + Marco + Weems + DeAndre

Total Salary of around 10 million.

and waiting for the 2011 salaries to come off the books and try to sign a couple max free agents in the 2011 offseason. It may sound drastic, but it would be an effective way to get back to contention quickly.

Comment

Babyface_killah wrote: View Post
          And get a package with Biedrins (his defence is overrated) as the main piece is better? Also I chose the Clippers because of the better chance of Bosh resigning there, they have the talent (Davis, Kaman, Gordon, Griffin), and they have the big market for Chris to star in. GSW knows that their orgainzation is mess and that they would have likely zero chance of re-signing Bosh, so why give up young players for rental player. Realistically I don't see any other team that would give up high-end prospects for half a year of Bosh.
          I sincerely hope Colangelo has the smarts to get more than DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick for an All-Star caliber player who multiple teams will be interested in (Houston, Dallas, Miami, Chicago, NY etc.).

Comment

Arsenalist wrote: View Post
            I sincerely hope Colangelo has the smarts to get more than DeAndre Jordan and a first-round pick for an All-Star caliber player who multiple teams will be interested in (Houston, Dallas, Miami, Chicago, NY etc.).
            After watching more LAC games this past week and seeing a better package with the LAL emerging, I think I might back out on this trade. Still this trade IMO is better than the crap we would receive form the Bulls or Rockets.

Comment

Working...
            X