• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Easy put in WORK last night

Made me kind of excited about our future again
    @sweatpantsjer

Ed Davis was a beeeast last night!

I'm telling you man. If he keeps building his game and body he could be a Joakim Noah type player for the Raptors. They hit the jackpot as long as Ed stays focused.

Comment

Ya, was good to see. Been a while since we've had someone who is actually a thread to go double-double AND give you 2-3 blocks a night. Hopefully injuries will leave this kid alone and he can continue to develop.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Ed Davis was a beeeast last night!

I'm telling you man. If he keeps building his game and body he could be a Joakim Noah type player for the Raptors. They hit the jackpot as long as Ed stays focused.
        Absolutely. When he gets his minutes he's really made the most of them. Can't wait to see what he does the rest of the season.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I made it out to this game and it was sort of weird. Ed just grinded the whole night, nothing flashy, he just worked it. i can remember looking up at the box scores in the 4th and thinking to my self "Davis has a double-double with 14 rebounds?" I wasn't shocked, just pleasantly surprised.

I see Ed being the rajon rondo of his draft class, the kind of guy who in a few years will have defensive coaches pulling their hair out and GMs wondering why they let him fall out of the top 10 on draft night.

Comment

Junkyardblog wrote: View Post
            I made it out to this game and it was sort of weird. Ed just grinded the whole night, nothing flashy, he just worked it. i can remember looking up at the box scores in the 4th and thinking to my self "Davis has a double-double with 14 rebounds?" I wasn't shocked, just pleasantly surprised.

I see Ed being the rajon rondo of his draft class, the kind of guy who in a few years will have defensive coaches pulling their hair out and GMs wondering why they let him fall out of the top 10 on draft night.
            Yeah, Ed blends in nicely. I hope you're right about his future, "JYB", and welcome to the board!

Comment

I'm pretty high on Ed. It is just a matter of time for him play with that intensity on a consistent basis. With the setbacks at the start of the season costing hm training camp, it would have been pretty easy to get pessimistic about him but with games like this and the one against the Mavs in January there is a lot of promise. The Raptors bigs did not get intimidated by Griffin and it is a good sign as the rest of the season plays out.

Comment

Junkyardblog wrote: View Post

+1 bro - the Ed Davis guy is looking like a steal of the draft right now lol. Once he bulks up over the summer and goes into post moves lessons with the sky hook guy Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, he will be unstoppable. A growth of 1 more inch to 6'11" and bulked up to 255-260 pounds and we might just have our center and move Amir to the PF spot. In my opinion, the bigs spots is set on this team(get a Marc Gasol as starting center or Hasheem Thabeet as backup center as long as he can rebound, block shots, set solid screens and play help defense, his offense is just a plus(if we need offense from Thabeet, we can set him up with the offensive wizard changing big men in Alex English lol)). The last piece to me is a three point shooting, rebounding and perimeter defensive SF(we could have that by drafting Terrence Jones) and I would take a flyer on Jonny Flynn and see if he can rack assists with the high fliers on this team to at least 7 assists per game, once he can do that and he knows his spots on the floor to shoot the ball and can play decent defense, we ship Jose out of town for draft picks. Building around elite PGs does not guarantee a championship(the last time that happened was the 2004 Detroit Pistons with Chauncey Billups and the time before the last one - Showtime Lakers with Magic Johnson). The formula for a championship is a slashing wing, a wing that could shoot the 3 ball or mid-range game off curls and screens and a huge defender in the middle in the presence of a big man(which is why the Celtics are the perfect championship team in my opinion).

Comment

Working...
                X