Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick-And-Roll Involving DeRozan

The stretching of DeMar DeRozan

It’s coming slowly and in fits, but the Raptors are working DeRozan in as a pick-and-roll ball-handler — and the second-year guard is growing as a passer. He’s averaging 1.9 assists per 36 minutes, up from 1.1 last season, and though that’s not much, DeRozan will give the Raptors three or four assists twice a week now.

DeRozan as a multi-faceted wing represents hope in Toronto. And these fans need hope.
    Source: SI.com

Interesting...hey, what happened to your Aaron Rodgers picture? It looked a lot cooler.

Anyways, it's interesting their trying get DD involved as a pick n roll passer, I'm wondering if they're trying the same thing with Bayless, since he's supposed to be our PG. Has anyone else noticed that we tend to run a lot of Isolation plays, as opposed to pick n rolls or flex offense, or you know, real basketball plays?

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
      Interesting...hey, what happened to your Aaron Rodgers picture? It looked a lot cooler.
      It will be back as soon as my Super Bowl high wears off. Probably August.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        +1 Apollo, I think 4-5 pick and roll plays by Demar Derozan and Amir Johnson at specific points in the game would be something to really watch - why? because Amir is lethal on the pick and rolls, highly efficient and has really good hands for a big man and for the double whammy, if they sag off DD coming off the pick and roll, his much improved jumper keeps the defense really honest. If I am Jay Triano, I would be thinking of incorporating that scheme in the next NBA season(but Triano does not know good plays if it hit him in the face lmao, you can see his plays out of timeouts are atrocious which is inexcusable for any head coach in the NBA in my opinion).

Comment

webcrawler89 wrote: View Post

Anyways, it's interesting their trying get DD involved as a pick n roll passer, I'm wondering if they're trying the same thing with Bayless, since he's supposed to be our PG. Has anyone else noticed that we tend to run a lot of Isolation plays, as opposed to pick n rolls or flex offense, or you know, real basketball plays?
          Yeah, I see a lot of isolation plays too - we hardly use pick and rolls(and it is understandable, Amir is the only big on this team that is lethal on the pick and roll, Ed Davis needs a jumphook to get onto Amir`s level too(Alex English should help with that lol) while Bargs can never even be a good pick and roll option as he refuses to play in the post and prefers standing at the 3 point line for a pick and pop option which can be good for a 3 or can be really bad lol for some travels from dear Bargs(2 turnovers a game, he always gets with this lmao)). However, is the isolation play a staple of Jay Triano or it is a function of a lot of ball hogs and black holes on this team in Bargs, Barbosa, Sonny Weems, Kleiza and Bayless? Food for thought, great food for thought lol.In addition, I see a lot of standing around by our players(guys move around, shift the defense lol) and I am thinking the standing around is due to bad conditioning on our player`s parts(remember when they ran out of gas in the training camp? yeah sigh) in my opinion. Consequently, we have a lack of ball movement which is highly due to the number of chuckers and ball hogs we have on this team.

Comment

Apollo, you chose a great team. I became a fan too after this year . I think the Green Bay Packers are good for 1-2 superbowls more with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, a decent running back in James Starks(a real steal in the draft and the real deal) and a receiving core of Jordy Nelson, Driver and Greg Jennings and a staunch defense led by Clay Matthews and BJ Raji(and the play of rookies like Sam Shields and the interception waiting to happen once you see him - Tramon Williams lol). The team is young and that defense would give them 1-2 more superbowls that is not a bad haul lol. Great , great team, sky is the limit for them.

Comment

(Y)

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                Apollo, you chose a great team. I became a fan too after this year . I think the Green Bay Packers are good for 1-2 superbowls more with Aaron Rodgers at quarterback, a decent running back in James Starks(a real steal in the draft and the real deal) and a receiving core of Jordy Nelson, Driver and Greg Jennings and a staunch defense led by Clay Matthews and BJ Raji(and the play of rookies like Sam Shields and the interception waiting to happen once you see him - Tramon Williams lol). The team is young and that defense would give them 1-2 more superbowls that is not a bad haul lol. Great , great team, sky is the limit for them.
                I chose a good team 16 years ago. Too bad for me I didn't know I would have to wait 14 years between Super Bowls. Yeah they're stacked. They will have the largest talent influx this season of any team just because of the 15 players coming back off IR alone. Some of those players were their team captain, Nick Barnett. Their star TE, the center piece to their air game, JerMichael Finley. Their star running back, Ryan Grant. The list goes on.

Comment

Yeah, people forget about all the starters that the Packers were missing. Also. like Apollo, I became a fan some 16 years ago after their last win. It's too bad that was Favre's only win, but whatever, we have Rodgers now. ^.^
                  -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                  -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Raptorsss wrote: View Post
                    Yeah, people forget about all the starters that the Packers were missing. Also. like Apollo, I became a fan some 16 years ago after their last win. It's too bad that was Favre's only win, but whatever, we have Rodgers now. ^.^
                    I chose a good team 16 years ago. Too bad for me I didn't know I would have to wait 14 years between Super Bowls. Yeah they're stacked. They will have the largest talent influx this season of any team just because of the 15 players coming back off IR alone. Some of those players were their team captain, Nick Barnett. Their star TE, the center piece to their air game, JerMichael Finley. Their star running back, Ryan Grant. The list goes on.
                    Nice guys - I only think they need one piece to be succesful under Aaron Rodgers to be a dynasty, a pro-bowl linebacker a la Brian Urlacher of the Chicago Bears that can stop the run. I respect this set of Packers too because they made no excuses despite being injured all year and they won the big one with their defensive core(Charles Woodson and Sam Shields) injured as I thought they would collapse like the Baltimore Ravens and Joe Flacco did against the Steelers in the second half of that game this year's playoffs and they did not which is why I think this team is special(plus they do not have a gunner that was an interception waiting to happen in Brett Favre(even though Favre is a first ballot hall of famer, gat to respect his achievements lol) and someone that is calm under pressure in Aaron Rodgers, what's more this team embodies the winning attitude of the coaching legend Vince Lombardi).

Comment

They have that LB. Clay Matthews is one of the most feared LBs in the league. He may be the best LB in the league next year. Anyway, maybe we should take this here:

http://raptorsrepublic.com/forums/sh...The-NFL-Thread

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
                        +1 Apollo, I think 4-5 pick and roll plays by Demar Derozan and Amir Johnson at specific points in the game would be something to really watch - why? because Amir is lethal on the pick and rolls, highly efficient and has really good hands for a big man and for the double whammy, if they sag off DD coming off the pick and roll, his much improved jumper keeps the defense really honest. If I am Jay Triano, I would be thinking of incorporating that scheme in the next NBA season(but Triano does not know good plays if it hit him in the face lmao, you can see his plays out of timeouts are atrocious which is inexcusable for any head coach in the NBA in my opinion).
                        YES YES YES. i agreeee completely. even mix in him and bargs in a pick and pop situation. i think DD has developed better court vision and awareness.
                        http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

Working...
                        X