Amir to the Bench, Start AB-ED

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Did what's-his-name really say that Amir has been in foul trouble the last few games, misses easy layups and turns the ball over like crazy???

And no one called him on it?

These are completely and utterly false accusations. You might as say that Bargnani can't shoot.

Amir Johnson has not been in foul trouble the last few games

Before the Clipper game, in 4 out of last 5 games, Amir played more than 36 minutes. Hard to do if you're in foul trouble. And since New Years, Amir has averaged 30 mpg. Again, hard to do if you're constantly in foul trouble.

Amir Johnson shoots a higher percentage in close than Bargnani.

From 82games.com...

Bargnani
    Close .558
    Dunk .900
    Tips .250
    Inside .576

Amir
    Close .607
    Dunk .920
    Tips .621
    Inside .658

Amir shoots a better percentage on EVERYTHING inside, especially tip-ins. And Amir is 4th in the entire league in field goal percentage. Hard to do if you miss a lot of layups.

Amir does NOT turn the ball over like crazy.

Per 36 minutes, Amir turns the ball 1.4 times a game as compared to Bargnani's 2.5 per game. Amir also has a positive assist to turnover ratio, as compared to a negative one for Bargnani.

Now you could argue that Bargnani has the ball more than Amir, so he's going to turn over the ball more. Well, that's partially true. Amir's turnover percentage (turnovers per 100 plays) is 11.3, only slightly more than Bargnani's 10.9.

So if Amir turns the ball over like crazy, then Bargnani must, as well.

It's one thing to blindly praise a completely flawed player, but if you want to argue about something.....

DON'T MAKE THINGS UP!

(This post is not in response to the above quote, but I have Multipaul on ignore, so don't see most of his posts)
    You can't really compare the 2. Most of Amirs shots are wide open while Bargs gets double teamed and guarded really well.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
      It is priceless to see Raps fan reaction here. Amir plays solid for 5 games and no peeps about him. Has a bad game, send him to the bench.

Davis has a great game - start him.

Bargnani goes through a rough stretch and calls to trade him, or worse yet, string him up in the town square are rampant. 3 pretty good games in a row, nothing but crickets.

DD has gone from career potential of back up SG to All-Star in the last few weeks.

"What have you done for me within the last 24hrs?" should be the new motto of the forums.
      Dont blame everyone, I never said that. I knew this was a Multi-Paul thread lol. The problem with Andrea was never scoring, its on defense. Trade the guy.
      We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
        Amir's still a better player than Davis right now, so he should still be starting. I'm still holding out that Davis becomes strong enough to bang with Cs, so then we could start both of them.

Very slim chance. Realistically, it would be an improvement that no player has ever done. For us to succeed as a team (assuming that improvement doesn't come), White Swan needs to be coming off of the bench or traded. Personally, I think he would be great off the bench, but I'd be shopping him heavily on draft day.
        If BC can't trade the guy, at least bring him off the bench and limit him to 15-20 mins a night. When he shows to be a big defensive liability. Maybe that will wake him up.
        We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

smushmush wrote: View Post
          Go to guy getting 21 points on 18 shots lmao - that means any YMCA player too can be a ``go-to`` player lol. Multipaul, you are approaching troll status(stop it if it is a joke) with your defense of Bargs and the lies you continually spill out every day to support him lol. Bargs is the poster child for a spoilt and untouchable basketball player that feels no need to improve his atrocious rebounding and defense in the NBA and his role is only to score(which is not even efficient by the way for a ``scorer``). ``Nuff said.
          I would call you a moron, but that would be redundant.

Comment

Ambidextrious wrote: View Post
            Dont blame everyone, I never said that. I knew this was a Multi-Paul thread lol. The problem with Andrea was never scoring, its on defense. Trade the guy.
            You may have noticed when Dre was injured that the team had NOBODY that could provided offense. Literally, who else do we have? Barbosa and DD in my opinion, but neither one caused trouble with other teams defenses.

Love how you guys take 27-30 pts a game for granted like any "YMCA" or "Spoiled" player could do it.

Just stupid really.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              Thank you Tim! finally somone else feels like i do. i cant stand this BS anymore and people just spit out random things that dont even exist to try and proove their point that is completely false to begin with. Multipaul is a TROLL. If you want a reference im sure other posters and myself can gather alot of them.
              Wow, so someone disagrees with you, and they are a troll. Very intelligent.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                I would call you a moron, but that would be redundant.
                I hate guys that name-call, the reason I called you a troll is that you are really one(I am telling you the uneqivocal truth, even Tim W. and some others agree with me you are a troll). I am also putting you on ignore because of the troll you have become and pulling out stats that don't exist at all. Thank you(see I am a gentleman but I don't take disrespect).

Comment

Working...
                X