View Poll Results: Is it right to boo Chris Bosh?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 52.27%
  • No

    21 47.73%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 193

Thread: Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

  1. #1
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    11,955
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

    Should Raptors' fans boo Bosh this Wednesday night for leaving or because he has yet to fulfill his finacial commitment to the Boys' and Girls' Club of Canada?

    Bill Ingram:
    Wow . . .I woold say the second is more boo-worthy. Everyone knew Bosh was leaving, and the team isn't that muh worse without him. Colangelo should have traded Bosh at the deadline . . .
    Souce: Hoops World

    To boo or not to boo... What would/will you do?

    I never realized Bosh was not living up to his commitments. That's pretty pathetic for a guy making that kind of money.

  2. #2
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    because he has yet to fulfill his finacial commitment to the Boys' and Girls' Club of Canada
    i'm a self proclaimed bosh-hater... and even i didnt know about that one..

    what a wanker.

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will be at the game, and will boo every second he is in the game let alone touching the ball.

    The Boys and Girls club issue is another slap in the face to this city and his fans.

    Bosh is a scumbag through and through, it's been obvious the whole time he was here. Was it nature or MLSE's nurture? Maybe both. But one thing for sure, is he is a douchebag.

  4. #4
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I don't like the wording of the poll. "Is it right?" I don't know. Should he be booed? No. 9 times out of 10, booing is completely counterproductive. Booing has usually had a positive effect on VInce Carter's play in Toronto. And booing LeBron certainly didn't help Cleveland get a win.

    Bosh is going to expect a reaction. What is going to throw him more for a loop, booing him, which is what Raptor fans are known for, or having absolutely no reaction? I know it will never happen, because it would require more thought than the general public likes to do, but it would have far more of the effect fans are looking for.

    As for the Boys and Girls thing, since I don't know the circumstances, I think it's wrong to comment. People love to rush to judgement without all the facts, but usually you just end up looking stupid (no, I'm not calling anyone here that).
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  5. #5
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,099
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Boys and Girls Club? lol. I would imagine over the course of his years in T.O, he probably contributed quite a bit to the community but hey, if that is a concern everyone has a right to boo.

    Seriously though, if fans want to voice their displeasure they could utilize this type of expression every home game as there are far better targets for this and it might prove to be more effective. Bosh is gone, life goes on.

    BC is often hiding in the tunnel and should have been seranaded with boos long ago for his work and the fact that he's a whiny, snake who had to suggest in the media that Bosh 'quit' in order to make himself look good. If you want to boo someone who checked out you need look no farther than the starting "center" of the team who exerts energy only when he feels like it but gets more burn than Charles Montgomery.

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Boys and Girls Club? lol. I would imagine over the course of his years in T.O, he probably contributed quite a bit to the community but hey, if that is a concern everyone has a right to boo.

    Seriously though, if fans want to voice their displeasure they could utilize this type of expression every home game as there are far better targets for this and it might prove to be more effective. Bosh is gone, life goes on.

    BC is often hiding in the tunnel and should have been seranaded with boos long ago for his work and the fact that he's a whiny, snake who had to suggest in the media that Bosh 'quit' in order to make himself look good. If you want to boo someone who checked out you need look no farther than the starting "center" of the team who exerts energy only when he feels like it but gets more burn than Charles Montgomery.
    Bosh quit on us along time ago. He's a punk . We shouldve traded him for that #1 pick from the Clips. Then we'd have the Blake Show in TO.

    BC only deserves fault for not trading Bosh's b*tch ass when the writing was on the wall.

  7. #7
    Raptors Republic All-Star Hotshot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2,170
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    It does not matter, people are going to boo regardless. However when they will boo Bosh it will be not only because Bosh left but also because this organisation messed up.

  8. #8
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't like the wording of the poll. "Is it right?" I don't know. Should he be booed? No. 9 times out of 10, booing is completely counterproductive. Booing has usually had a positive effect on VInce Carter's play in Toronto. And booing LeBron certainly didn't help Cleveland get a win.

    Bosh is going to expect a reaction. What is going to throw him more for a loop, booing him, which is what Raptor fans are known for, or having absolutely no reaction? I know it will never happen, because it would require more thought than the general public likes to do, but it would have far more of the effect fans are looking for.

    As for the Boys and Girls thing, since I don't know the circumstances, I think it's wrong to comment. People love to rush to judgement without all the facts, but usually you just end up looking stupid (no, I'm not calling anyone here that).

    I agree completely... the biggest insult and slap in RuPaul's cocky face would be to completely ignore him as though we could care less that he's gone! I get so pissed off when the home crowd boos the likes of Carter and McGrady, because it only motivates them and a home fan's primary goal should be to help the home team win, which would mean NOT booing!

  9. #9
    Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,749
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    No it's not right. Bosh played his ass off for 7 years here and left when his contract was done. It's his right to leave if he wants, there is no reason to hate him.

  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree completely... the biggest insult and slap in RuPaul's cocky face would be to completely ignore him as though we could care less that he's gone! I get so pissed off when the home crowd boos the likes of Carter and McGrady, because it only motivates them and a home fan's primary goal should be to help the home team win, which would mean NOT booing!
    It's different, you are from/live in Calgary right? Us Torontonian's take his shit personally.

  11. #11
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    It's different, you are from/live in Calgary right? Us Torontonian's take his shit personally.
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a fan of a sports team say. I lived in Toronto for 10 years, including the first 6 of Bosh's seasons with the Raptors. He fulfilled his contract and made a decision that he thought was best for him. He owed you, me, Torontonians, Canadians and Raptors fans nothing!

    I wanted to trade him the offseason before his last season, regardless what his decision was going to be, because I thought he was a soft overrated PF. That offseason I was pushing for a trade to the Clippers for the #1 pick (Griffin). I was happy to see him leave and think the Raptors are going to be a better team without him and his fat contract.

    Whether you miss him or say good riddance, he owed/owes us nothing. If you do take it personally, why would you give him the satisfacation of knowing he broke your heart and that he is so important that you spend your time/effort thinking about him??? Those of you that do take it personally should want to insult him the most, which would mean showing him nothing but apathy and silence!

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a fan of a sports team say. I lived in Toronto for 10 years, including the first 6 of Bosh's seasons with the Raptors. He fulfilled his contract and made a decision that he thought was best for him. He owed you, me, Torontonians, Canadians and Raptors fans nothing!

    I wanted to trade him the offseason before his last season, regardless what his decision was going to be, because I thought he was a soft overrated PF. That offseason I was pushing for a trade to the Clippers for the #1 pick (Griffin). I was happy to see him leave and think the Raptors are going to be a better team without him and his fat contract.

    Whether you miss him or say good riddance, he owed/owes us nothing. If you do take it personally, why would you give him the satisfacation of knowing he broke your heart and that he is so important that you spend your time/effort thinking about him??? Those of you that do take it personally should want to insult him the most, which would mean showing him nothing but apathy and silence!
    You prove my point. You don't live here, it affects you differently. Other people don't see it your way, just accept that.

    Plus, I don't like that you called my comment "dumb". I could call you dumb for living in Calgary where there is no basketball, but I won't, cause I don't care about you.

  13. #13
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,798
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i'm going to boo his ass... because he doesnt play for the raptors. period.

    FUCK CHRIS BOSH.

  14. #14
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,851
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote sleepz wrote: View Post
    Boys and Girls Club? lol. I would imagine over the course of his years in T.O, he probably contributed quite a bit to the community but hey, if that is a concern everyone has a right to boo.

    Seriously though, if fans want to voice their displeasure they could utilize this type of expression every home game as there are far better targets for this and it might prove to be more effective. Bosh is gone, life goes on.

    BC is often hiding in the tunnel and should have been seranaded with boos long ago for his work and the fact that he's a whiny, snake who had to suggest in the media that Bosh 'quit' in order to make himself look good. If you want to boo someone who checked out you need look no farther than the starting "center" of the team who exerts energy only when he feels like it but gets more burn than Charles Montgomery.
    sorry sleepz, ive backed you up on some of your posts and i agree with most of them but this posting on a thread about one topic and segueing to how much you hate BC is just getting ridiculous. Multipaul's man-love for bargs is the equivalent of your hate for BC. Its just annoying that this thread is gonna end up in a back and forth on you hating on BC and others defending him.
    Im not on BC's side but the purpose of this thread is for sure going to be sidetracked by the end.

    now on the the actual thread.....yes, boo Bosh. Booing is a means of showing your displeasure. Some may like him, i dont. Yes, im still ticked as to how he went about the FA period, and this is the first time we as fans get to show our displeasure on our home turf. About the Boys and Girls Club, i wouldnt fault Bosh too much on that, we all know that the more you get famous, its imperative that you contribute to a charity because its great PR. im sure management convinced him to put his name out there as a donor to make him look good, and now that he's not here anymore, he doesnt pay much crap to that club, its all good, we dont need his money anyways.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Feb 14th, 2011 at 03:31 PM.

  15. #15
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,287
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    You prove my point. You don't live here, it affects you differently. Other people don't see it your way, just accept that.

    Plus, I don't like that you called my comment "dumb". I could call you dumb for living in Calgary where there is no basketball, but I won't, cause I don't care about you.
    I didn't call you or your comment dumb. I said that in my opinion, taking sports personally, was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. You don't own the team or work for the team, so why would you take it personally? I lived 32 of my 34 years in Toronto or within an hour of it, so I do consider myself a Torontonian and lived there throughout the "Bosh glory years" haha I don't take anything with any sport team personally, even if I am a die-hard fan. It's a business, it's a sport and it directly has absolutely nothing to do with my life. I just watch it on TV and occassionally get to a game in person, to enjoy a few hours of entertainment (I've even been to a game this year, despite the fact that I do now live in Calgary).

    Instead of the current poll about whether or not booing is "right", I would be quite interested to see what the consensus is regarding taking what Bosh did personally? Or taking anything that goes on in the Raptors organization personally, for that matter. I watch every game, am regularly on RR and have been die-hard sports fan to single teams in each sport loyally throughout my life and, even though I have strong opinions about GMs, coache, players, trades, drafts, etc... I don't take any of it personally....

    I honestly don't mean to insult you, I usually agree with your posts and think you're quite a respectful poster. I am just stunned that you (or anybody) would take Bosh's choices or sports in general personally. "dumb" probably isn't the right term... I was just dumbfounded to read that part of your post, hence my choice of words.

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    sorry sleepz, ive backed you up on some of your posts and i agree with most of them but this posting on a thread about one topic and segueing to how much you hate BC is just getting ridiculous. Multipaul's man-love for bargs is the equivalent of your hate for BC. Its just annoying that this thread is gonna end up in a back and forth on you hating on BC and others defending him.
    Im not on BC's side but the purpose of this thread is for sure going to be sidetracked by the end.

    now on the the actual thread.....yes, boo Bosh. Booing is a means of showing your displeasure. Some may like him, i dont. Yes, im still ticked as to how he went about the FA period, and this is the first time we as fans get to show our displeasure on our home turf. About the Boys and Girls Club, i wouldnt fault Bosh too much on that, we all know that the more you get famous, its imperative that you contribute to a charity because its great PR. im sure management convinced him to put his name out there as a donor to make him look good, and now that he's not here anymore, he doesnt pay much crap to that club, its all good, we dont need his money anyways.
    Bargs is gonna man love all over Bosh's face, slamma jamma

  17. #17
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I liked what someone else posted months ago when he first left: no booing, no cheering, no nothing. Just deafening silence. That would totally mind-rape him.

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I didn't call you or your comment dumb. I said that in my opinion, taking sports personally, was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. You don't own the team or work for the team, so why would you take it personally? I lived 32 of my 34 years in Toronto or within an hour of it, so I do consider myself a Torontonian and lived there throughout the "Bosh glory years" haha I don't take anything with any sport team personally, even if I am a die-hard fan. It's a business, it's a sport and it directly has absolutely nothing to do with my life. I just watch it on TV and occassionally get to a game in person, to enjoy a few hours of entertainment (I've even been to a game this year, despite the fact that I do now live in Calgary).

    Instead of the current poll about whether or not booing is "right", I would be quite interested to see what the consensus is regarding taking what Bosh did personally? Or taking anything that goes on in the Raptors organization personally, for that matter. I watch every game, am regularly on RR and have been die-hard sports fan to single teams in each sport loyally throughout my life and, even though I have strong opinions about GMs, coache, players, trades, drafts, etc... I don't take any of it personally....

    I honestly don't mean to insult you, I usually agree with your posts and think you're quite a respectful poster. I am just stunned that you (or anybody) would take Bosh's choices or sports in general personally. "dumb" probably isn't the right term... I was just dumbfounded to read that part of your post, hence my choice of words.
    Ok I can understand and respect your point of view. Thank you for letting me know that.

    Honestly, I take it personally the way Bosh manipulated the situation and toyed with people's emotions. Mainly I care thinking about all the young fans who looked up to him. When he twittered "should I stay or should I go", that was the last straw for me.

    He acted very unprofessional and childish and slapped all his fans in the face with that b*llshit. You guys say "meh, he just did his contract and left", but that is not true. He utilized the media to exploit the situation and toy with peoples emotions.

    I don't like people that mess with kids. Now he's down in south beach and apparently messing with mad kids all the time.

  19. #19
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,447
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the booing shoul be equivalent to the amount of love we gave to him and what he did for the Raptors.
    Vince Carter = Lots of Booing as he is and always will be the greatest player to respresent Toronto Basketball.
    Chris Bosh = We drafted him, he played some games, got made fun of alot, now he's gone. Big deal.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    I think the booing shoul be equivalent to the amount of love we gave to him and what he did for the Raptors.
    Vince Carter = Lots of Booing as he is and always will be the greatest player to respresent Toronto Basketball.
    Chris Bosh = We drafted him, he played some games, got made fun of alot, now he's gone. Big deal.
    Young Joey, don't forget about Twittergate. That warrants a little more hate-on in my opinion.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •