Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    sorry sleepz, ive backed you up on some of your posts and i agree with most of them but this posting on a thread about one topic and segueing to how much you hate BC is just getting ridiculous. Multipaul's man-love for bargs is the equivalent of your hate for BC. Its just annoying that this thread is gonna end up in a back and forth on you hating on BC and others defending him.
    Im not on BC's side but the purpose of this thread is for sure going to be sidetracked by the end.

now on the the actual thread.....yes, boo Bosh. Booing is a means of showing your displeasure. Some may like him, i dont. Yes, im still ticked as to how he went about the FA period, and this is the first time we as fans get to show our displeasure on our home turf. About the Boys and Girls Club, i wouldnt fault Bosh too much on that, we all know that the more you get famous, its imperative that you contribute to a charity because its great PR. im sure management convinced him to put his name out there as a donor to make him look good, and now that he's not here anymore, he doesnt pay much crap to that club, its all good, we dont need his money anyways.
    Bargs is gonna man love all over Bosh's face, slamma jamma

Comment

I liked what someone else posted months ago when he first left: no booing, no cheering, no nothing. Just deafening silence. That would totally mind-rape him.

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
        I didn't call you or your comment dumb. I said that in my opinion, taking sports personally, was the dumbest thing I'd ever heard. You don't own the team or work for the team, so why would you take it personally? I lived 32 of my 34 years in Toronto or within an hour of it, so I do consider myself a Torontonian and lived there throughout the "Bosh glory years" haha I don't take anything with any sport team personally, even if I am a die-hard fan. It's a business, it's a sport and it directly has absolutely nothing to do with my life. I just watch it on TV and occassionally get to a game in person, to enjoy a few hours of entertainment (I've even been to a game this year, despite the fact that I do now live in Calgary).

Instead of the current poll about whether or not booing is "right", I would be quite interested to see what the consensus is regarding taking what Bosh did personally? Or taking anything that goes on in the Raptors organization personally, for that matter. I watch every game, am regularly on RR and have been die-hard sports fan to single teams in each sport loyally throughout my life and, even though I have strong opinions about GMs, coache, players, trades, drafts, etc... I don't take any of it personally....

I honestly don't mean to insult you, I usually agree with your posts and think you're quite a respectful poster. I am just stunned that you (or anybody) would take Bosh's choices or sports in general personally. "dumb" probably isn't the right term... I was just dumbfounded to read that part of your post, hence my choice of words.
        Ok I can understand and respect your point of view. Thank you for letting me know that.

Honestly, I take it personally the way Bosh manipulated the situation and toyed with people's emotions. Mainly I care thinking about all the young fans who looked up to him. When he twittered "should I stay or should I go", that was the last straw for me.

He acted very unprofessional and childish and slapped all his fans in the face with that b*llshit. You guys say "meh, he just did his contract and left", but that is not true. He utilized the media to exploit the situation and toy with peoples emotions.

I don't like people that mess with kids. Now he's down in south beach and apparently messing with mad kids all the time.

Comment

I think the booing shoul be equivalent to the amount of love we gave to him and what he did for the Raptors.
          Vince Carter = Lots of Booing as he is and always will be the greatest player to respresent Toronto Basketball.
          Chris Bosh = We drafted him, he played some games, got made fun of alot, now he's gone. Big deal.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            I think the booing shoul be equivalent to the amount of love we gave to him and what he did for the Raptors.
            Vince Carter = Lots of Booing as he is and always will be the greatest player to respresent Toronto Basketball.
            Chris Bosh = We drafted him, he played some games, got made fun of alot, now he's gone. Big deal.
            Young Joey, don't forget about Twittergate. That warrants a little more hate-on in my opinion.

Comment

That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a fan of a sports team say. I lived in Toronto for 10 years, including the first 6 of Bosh's seasons with the Raptors. He fulfilled his contract and made a decision that he thought was best for him. He owed you, me, Torontonians, Canadians and Raptors fans nothing!

I wanted to trade him the offseason before his last season, regardless what his decision was going to be, because I thought he was a soft overrated PF. That offseason I was pushing for a trade to the Clippers for the #1 pick (Griffin). I was happy to see him leave and think the Raptors are going to be a better team without him and his fat contract.

Whether you miss him or say good riddance, he owed/owes us nothing. If you do take it personally, why would you give him the satisfacation of knowing he broke your heart and that he is so important that you spend your time/effort thinking about him??? Those of you that do take it personally should want to insult him the most, which would mean showing him nothing but apathy and silence!
              i agree with Multipaul on this one, you shouldnt be calling people dumb. This is a forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He said youre from Calgary and dont take shit personally, then tell him he's from Toronto and he's too sensitive. Dumb is a strong word. Its not an opinion, its derogatory.

I think the keyword is "fulfilled". To what extent? if youre saying he fulfilled his contract to the best of his abilities, then sure. if he fulfilled his contract to what he was expected to do, then i dont agree with that. IMO, he signed a franchise player's contract, and i know some people are going to say it wasnt defined as such, but that much money pretty much says youre a franchise player. he was never a motivator in the locker room, he was never a positive influence to his teammates and he was never a leader that he was expected to be. And for me, him not living up to what he was paid for means he owes us, because in one way shape or form, we contributed to his salary (paying for tickets, govt taxes, etc).

if every player who comes here and treats toronto as a bus stop then this team is really not going to amount to anything.
              Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 04:56 PM.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                Ok I can understand and respect your point of view. Thank you for letting me know that.

Honestly, I take it personally the way Bosh manipulated the situation and toyed with people's emotions. Mainly I care thinking about all the young fans who looked up to him. When he twittered "should I stay or should I go", that was the last straw for me.

He acted very unprofessional and childish and slapped all his fans in the face with that b*llshit. You guys say "meh, he just did his contract and left", but that is not true. He utilized the media to exploit the situation and toy with peoples emotions.

I don't like people that mess with kids. Now he's down in south beach and apparently messing with mad kids all the time.
                I totally agree with your assessment of Bosh. That part I never disagreed with. He was and is a complete dick. That's just another reason why I'm glad he's gone and think the future of the Raptors is better without him. I just don't take it personally, I just laugh it off and shake my head at his antics (and that of many other athletes and celebrities). I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing that almost a year / half-season later, he still matters to Raptors fans, which is why I voted "no".

Comment

Bargs is gonna man love all over Bosh's face, slamma jamma
                  hahaha true dat.
                  I hope he gets a good block on bosh and then derozan slams on his face.

Comment

i agree with Multipaul on this one, you shouldnt be calling people dumb. This is a forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He said youre from Calgary and dont take shit personally, then tell him he's from Toronto and he's too sensitive. Dumb is a strong word. Its not an opinion, its derogatory.

I think the keyword is "fulfilled". To what extent? if youre saying he fulfilled his contract to the best of his abilities, then sure. if he fulfilled his contract to what he was expected to do, then i dont agree with that. IMO, he signed a franchise player's contract, and i know some people are going to say it wasnt defined as such, but that much money pretty much says youre a franchise player. he was never a motivator in the locker room, he was never a positive influence to his teammates and he was never a leader that he was expected to be. And for me, him not living up to what he was paid for means he owes us, because in one way shape or form, we contributed to his salary (paying for tickets, govt taxes, etc).

if every player who comes here and treats toronto as a bus stop then this team is really not going to amount to anything.
                    I agree with you but, unfortunately, professional sports contracts don't come with all those stiuplations attched. For at the very least 6-and-a-half seaons Bosh played for the Raptors with maximum effort and was involved with the community. Some people feel he quit on the team the second half of his last season, but nobody can truly prove that. There is also the Boys & Girls club issue, which is likely more a result of his "people" than he himself, as I doubt he does his own accounting. lol As for being a role model, team motivator, etc... that is all stuff that society lumps on the back of all celebrities, which I for one could care less about. All that crap isn't a necessity or expectation in my book. He only got paid by MLSE to play basketball, which he did. I think he's an arrogant goof, but he did fulfill his contract to the full extent and had the right to leave, which he did. He acted like a spoiled child on his way out and did toy with the fans' emotions, but I have no doubt that the organization knew or at least expected him to be gone after that last season long before his official decision became public knowlege.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Should Raptors' fans boo Bosh this Wednesday night for leaving or because he has yet to fulfill his finacial commitment to the Boys' and Girls' Club of Canada?.
                      Is there a better source before we accuse him of this? Currently the source is "BC from Toronto", an anonymous poster.
                      http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Agree. I think the worst part was when he was saying he decided at the last minute that he was going to South Beach. Common thats bullshit. A big change in your life and youre deciding a day before the big event? What makes me ticked is he kept going around in circles and making us Torontonians, raptors fans specifically, look stupid, thinking we should believe that he did decide at the last minute. And dont get me wrong, BC is a moron too for not trading him when he was supposed to, but BC's still here.

Comment

I totally agree with your assessment of Bosh. That part I never disagreed with. He was and is a complete dick. That's just another reason why I'm glad he's gone and think the future of the Raptors is better without him. I just don't take it personally, I just laugh it off and shake my head at his antics (and that of many other athletes and celebrities). I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing that almost a year / half-season later, he still matters to Raptors fans, which is why I voted "no".
                          I can see your point too. He is clearly a media whore. The silence would kill him I think. But, lets be honest, the ACC is gonna be one big boofest Wednesday, like it or not. Strangely, i think Turk will get booed more when he comes back in April.

Comment

hahaha true dat.
                            I hope he gets a good block on bosh and then derozan slams on his face.
                            Would it be too much to ask for someone to give Bosh the Paul Pierce knee-to-da-gonads treatment and then mug over him when he's on the ground.

Last edited by Multipaul; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 05:24 PM.

Comment

I think the whole keep it silence idea might be kinda cool if you could get EVERYBODY in the ACC to join in. But you won't so that idea should just stop now.

Plus booing people is effin fun. Im gonna boo cause he aint wearing a Raps jersey, just like everyone else on Miami. And I also think not booing someone cause they might play better is pretty pussy when you think about it. "I'm sorry Mr. Bosh. We don't want to upset you. Please get your 20-10 and leave the building peacefully."
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

I agree with you but, unfortunately, professional sports contracts don't come with all those stiuplations attched. For at the very least 6-and-a-half seaons Bosh played for the Raptors with maximum effort and was involved with the community. Some people feel he quit on the team the second half of his last season, but nobody can truly prove that. There is also the Boys & Girls club issue, which is likely more a result of his "people" than he himself, as I doubt he does his own accounting. lol As for being a role model, team motivator, etc... that is all stuff that society lumps on the back of all celebrities, which I for one could care less about. All that crap isn't a necessity or expectation in my book. He only got paid by MLSE to play basketball, which he did. I think he's an arrogant goof, but he did fulfill his contract to the full extent and had the right to leave, which he did. He acted like a spoiled child on his way out and did toy with the fans' emotions, but I have no doubt that the organization knew or at least expected him to be gone after that last season long before his official decision became public knowlege.
                                Oh i agree. There were no stipulations. But like i said, its an unfortunate "tag" that comes with such a big contract. Its one of those unspoken things.

i think being a team motivator is a big factor, its not the same with celebrities, they just have to make sure they make their part good in the movies or tv and theyre ok. more individualistic. but basketball is a team sport. and being the franchise player, youre supposed to motivate your team, get everybody together playing at the same level. you just cant go to a game, get your numbers and thats it. like i said, its not a stipulation in his contract, but Kobe, Nash and Garnett take it upon themselves to lead and motivate the team, and thats what makes them worth their salaries.

Im just happy that he's no longer a raptor. i would be happier if it happened much sooner. We couldve gotten Brooks, Ariza, Landry and Scola or even Bynum. Oh well.
                                Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Feb 14, 2011, 05:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X