View Poll Results: Is it right to boo Chris Bosh?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    23 52.27%
  • No

    21 47.73%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 193

Thread: Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard a fan of a sports team say. I lived in Toronto for 10 years, including the first 6 of Bosh's seasons with the Raptors. He fulfilled his contract and made a decision that he thought was best for him. He owed you, me, Torontonians, Canadians and Raptors fans nothing!

    I wanted to trade him the offseason before his last season, regardless what his decision was going to be, because I thought he was a soft overrated PF. That offseason I was pushing for a trade to the Clippers for the #1 pick (Griffin). I was happy to see him leave and think the Raptors are going to be a better team without him and his fat contract.

    Whether you miss him or say good riddance, he owed/owes us nothing. If you do take it personally, why would you give him the satisfacation of knowing he broke your heart and that he is so important that you spend your time/effort thinking about him??? Those of you that do take it personally should want to insult him the most, which would mean showing him nothing but apathy and silence!
    i agree with Multipaul on this one, you shouldnt be calling people dumb. This is a forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He said youre from Calgary and dont take shit personally, then tell him he's from Toronto and he's too sensitive. Dumb is a strong word. Its not an opinion, its derogatory.

    I think the keyword is "fulfilled". To what extent? if youre saying he fulfilled his contract to the best of his abilities, then sure. if he fulfilled his contract to what he was expected to do, then i dont agree with that. IMO, he signed a franchise player's contract, and i know some people are going to say it wasnt defined as such, but that much money pretty much says youre a franchise player. he was never a motivator in the locker room, he was never a positive influence to his teammates and he was never a leader that he was expected to be. And for me, him not living up to what he was paid for means he owes us, because in one way shape or form, we contributed to his salary (paying for tickets, govt taxes, etc).

    if every player who comes here and treats toronto as a bus stop then this team is really not going to amount to anything.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Feb 14th, 2011 at 03:56 PM.

  2. #22
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Ok I can understand and respect your point of view. Thank you for letting me know that.

    Honestly, I take it personally the way Bosh manipulated the situation and toyed with people's emotions. Mainly I care thinking about all the young fans who looked up to him. When he twittered "should I stay or should I go", that was the last straw for me.

    He acted very unprofessional and childish and slapped all his fans in the face with that b*llshit. You guys say "meh, he just did his contract and left", but that is not true. He utilized the media to exploit the situation and toy with peoples emotions.

    I don't like people that mess with kids. Now he's down in south beach and apparently messing with mad kids all the time.
    I totally agree with your assessment of Bosh. That part I never disagreed with. He was and is a complete dick. That's just another reason why I'm glad he's gone and think the future of the Raptors is better without him. I just don't take it personally, I just laugh it off and shake my head at his antics (and that of many other athletes and celebrities). I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing that almost a year / half-season later, he still matters to Raptors fans, which is why I voted "no".

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Bargs is gonna man love all over Bosh's face, slamma jamma
    hahaha true dat.
    I hope he gets a good block on bosh and then derozan slams on his face.

  4. #24
    Super Moderator CalgaryRapsFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,064
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    i agree with Multipaul on this one, you shouldnt be calling people dumb. This is a forum. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. He said youre from Calgary and dont take shit personally, then tell him he's from Toronto and he's too sensitive. Dumb is a strong word. Its not an opinion, its derogatory.

    I think the keyword is "fulfilled". To what extent? if youre saying he fulfilled his contract to the best of his abilities, then sure. if he fulfilled his contract to what he was expected to do, then i dont agree with that. IMO, he signed a franchise player's contract, and i know some people are going to say it wasnt defined as such, but that much money pretty much says youre a franchise player. he was never a motivator in the locker room, he was never a positive influence to his teammates and he was never a leader that he was expected to be. And for me, him not living up to what he was paid for means he owes us, because in one way shape or form, we contributed to his salary (paying for tickets, govt taxes, etc).

    if every player who comes here and treats toronto as a bus stop then this team is really not going to amount to anything.
    I agree with you but, unfortunately, professional sports contracts don't come with all those stiuplations attched. For at the very least 6-and-a-half seaons Bosh played for the Raptors with maximum effort and was involved with the community. Some people feel he quit on the team the second half of his last season, but nobody can truly prove that. There is also the Boys & Girls club issue, which is likely more a result of his "people" than he himself, as I doubt he does his own accounting. lol As for being a role model, team motivator, etc... that is all stuff that society lumps on the back of all celebrities, which I for one could care less about. All that crap isn't a necessity or expectation in my book. He only got paid by MLSE to play basketball, which he did. I think he's an arrogant goof, but he did fulfill his contract to the full extent and had the right to leave, which he did. He acted like a spoiled child on his way out and did toy with the fans' emotions, but I have no doubt that the organization knew or at least expected him to be gone after that last season long before his official decision became public knowlege.

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic Rookie Liston's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    187
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Should Raptors' fans boo Bosh this Wednesday night for leaving or because he has yet to fulfill his finacial commitment to the Boys' and Girls' Club of Canada?.
    Is there a better source before we accuse him of this? Currently the source is "BC from Toronto", an anonymous poster.

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Ok I can understand and respect your point of view. Thank you for letting me know that.

    Honestly, I take it personally the way Bosh manipulated the situation and toyed with people's emotions. Mainly I care thinking about all the young fans who looked up to him. When he twittered "should I stay or should I go", that was the last straw for me.

    He acted very unprofessional and childish and slapped all his fans in the face with that b*llshit. You guys say "meh, he just did his contract and left", but that is not true. He utilized the media to exploit the situation and toy with peoples emotions.

    I don't like people that mess with kids. Now he's down in south beach and apparently messing with mad kids all the time.
    Agree. I think the worst part was when he was saying he decided at the last minute that he was going to South Beach. Common thats bullshit. A big change in your life and youre deciding a day before the big event? What makes me ticked is he kept going around in circles and making us Torontonians, raptors fans specifically, look stupid, thinking we should believe that he did decide at the last minute. And dont get me wrong, BC is a moron too for not trading him when he was supposed to, but BC's still here.

  7. #27
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I totally agree with your assessment of Bosh. That part I never disagreed with. He was and is a complete dick. That's just another reason why I'm glad he's gone and think the future of the Raptors is better without him. I just don't take it personally, I just laugh it off and shake my head at his antics (and that of many other athletes and celebrities). I don't want him to have the satisfaction of knowing that almost a year / half-season later, he still matters to Raptors fans, which is why I voted "no".
    I can see your point too. He is clearly a media whore. The silence would kill him I think. But, lets be honest, the ACC is gonna be one big boofest Wednesday, like it or not. Strangely, i think Turk will get booed more when he comes back in April.

  8. #28
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha true dat.
    I hope he gets a good block on bosh and then derozan slams on his face.
    Would it be too much to ask for someone to give Bosh the Paul Pierce knee-to-da-gonads treatment and then mug over him when he's on the ground.

    Last edited by Multipaul; Mon Feb 14th, 2011 at 04:24 PM.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I think the whole keep it silence idea might be kinda cool if you could get EVERYBODY in the ACC to join in. But you won't so that idea should just stop now.

    Plus booing people is effin fun. Im gonna boo cause he aint wearing a Raps jersey, just like everyone else on Miami. And I also think not booing someone cause they might play better is pretty pussy when you think about it. "I'm sorry Mr. Bosh. We don't want to upset you. Please get your 20-10 and leave the building peacefully."
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

  10. #30
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
    I agree with you but, unfortunately, professional sports contracts don't come with all those stiuplations attched. For at the very least 6-and-a-half seaons Bosh played for the Raptors with maximum effort and was involved with the community. Some people feel he quit on the team the second half of his last season, but nobody can truly prove that. There is also the Boys & Girls club issue, which is likely more a result of his "people" than he himself, as I doubt he does his own accounting. lol As for being a role model, team motivator, etc... that is all stuff that society lumps on the back of all celebrities, which I for one could care less about. All that crap isn't a necessity or expectation in my book. He only got paid by MLSE to play basketball, which he did. I think he's an arrogant goof, but he did fulfill his contract to the full extent and had the right to leave, which he did. He acted like a spoiled child on his way out and did toy with the fans' emotions, but I have no doubt that the organization knew or at least expected him to be gone after that last season long before his official decision became public knowlege.
    Oh i agree. There were no stipulations. But like i said, its an unfortunate "tag" that comes with such a big contract. Its one of those unspoken things.

    i think being a team motivator is a big factor, its not the same with celebrities, they just have to make sure they make their part good in the movies or tv and theyre ok. more individualistic. but basketball is a team sport. and being the franchise player, youre supposed to motivate your team, get everybody together playing at the same level. you just cant go to a game, get your numbers and thats it. like i said, its not a stipulation in his contract, but Kobe, Nash and Garnett take it upon themselves to lead and motivate the team, and thats what makes them worth their salaries.

    Im just happy that he's no longer a raptor. i would be happier if it happened much sooner. We couldve gotten Brooks, Ariza, Landry and Scola or even Bynum. Oh well.
    Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Mon Feb 14th, 2011 at 04:42 PM.

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Liston wrote: View Post
    Is there a better source before we accuse him of this? Currently the source is "BC from Toronto", an anonymous poster.
    It's amazing how quickly people believe an unsubstantiated rumour in this day and age. You'd think living in the age of the internet would make people a little less likely to believe what they read, but it doesn't appear to be the case. This might be true, or it might not be. At this point, there's nothing to lead me to believe that it's anything more than a false rumour someone spread to ignite more hatred for Bosh before his Toronto appearance.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    At this point, there's nothing to lead me to believe that it's anything more than a false rumour someone spread to ignite more hatred for Bosh before his Toronto appearance.
    Chris Bosh eats babies. It's true, i swear.

  13. #33
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I heard this as well... it must be true...

    Also... he slept with all of your wives/girlfriends/moms. Sorry to be the one to break it to you.

  14. #34
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    Chris Bosh eats babies. It's true, i swear.
    Him and Maxiel. They eat dat ish right up.

    PS, I saw some article that Chris Bosh said "I'm ***" on Realgm, did you guys see that?

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    if it was on realgm it must be true.

    i also heard that chris bosh cut off his dreads, weaved them into an ancient time travelling mechanism, went back in time, and killed jesus.

    a homeless guy told me so. hobos don't lie.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Markham, Ontario
    Posts
    2,834
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    [QUOTE=Multipaul;65179]Would it be too much to ask for someone to give Bosh the Paul Pierce knee-to-da-gonads treatment and then mug over him when he's on the ground.

    That would be awesome to see again.

    But that instance said a lot as to what kind of franchise player he was. He got clobbered and no raptor even reacted. That says a lot as to what type of a leader he was. Sure he got the numbers day in and day out, but if your troops really dont rally around you during your time of need then thats more painful than getting hit on the nads.

    He hit that game winner in Atlanta and everybody was pumped up and he just rushed to the bench to sit down. nuff said.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uHDKXfTEzNA

  17. #37
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    6,755
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    if it was on realgm it must be true.

    i also heard that chris bosh cut off his dreads, weaved them into an ancient time travelling mechanism, went back in time, and killed jesus.

    a homeless guy told me so. hobos don't lie.
    What a guy... how he get's the time to kill Jesus AND start slavery, is amazing.

    Though when you have a Dread Lock Time Machine, who neeeeds time to be evil and assasinate Martin Luther King Jr.

  18. #38
    Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    in a van down by the river
    Posts
    2,795
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    the old korean lady who served me my kalbi dinner last night told me that if you play the first ink dvd backwards you can summon the great old one Cthulhu to rain destruction upon mankind.

    she's totally trustworthy, i swear.

  19. #39
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    What a guy... how he get's the time to kill Jesus AND start slavery, is amazing.

    Though when you have a Dread Lock Time Machine, who neeeeds time to be evil and assasinate Martin Luther King Jr.
    I thougt CB4 was actually Winobot?

    (google winobot if you dun know)

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    NORTHCOAST
    Posts
    1,071
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Is it OK for me to cheer when he misses? Just checking.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •