Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boo Birds Warming Their Vocal Chords?(Bosh Responds: "Bring it on" post #122)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

tbihis wrote: View Post
    sorry sleepz, ive backed you up on some of your posts and i agree with most of them but this posting on a thread about one topic and segueing to how much you hate BC is just getting ridiculous. Multipaul's man-love for bargs is the equivalent of your hate for BC. Its just annoying that this thread is gonna end up in a back and forth on you hating on BC and others defending him.
    Im not on BC's side but the purpose of this thread is for sure going to be sidetracked by the end.

now on the the actual thread.....yes, boo Bosh. Booing is a means of showing your displeasure. Some may like him, i dont. Yes, im still ticked as to how he went about the FA period, and this is the first time we as fans get to show our displeasure on our home turf. About the Boys and Girls Club, i wouldnt fault Bosh too much on that, we all know that the more you get famous, its imperative that you contribute to a charity because its great PR. im sure management convinced him to put his name out there as a donor to make him look good, and now that he's not here anymore, he doesnt pay much crap to that club, its all good, we dont need his money anyways.
    I don't hate anyone. There is no hate in me. I was suggesting other suitable alternatives to booing. Booing Bosh is irrelevant, cause he doesn't affect this franchise in anyway anymore. Booing BC is just as he has orchestrated this current debacle and will continue to do so if given more opportunities imo.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
      No you take it personally. I am born and raised in Toronto and I have no problem with him leaving. My issue is with mangement and the current players that don't leave it on the floor.
      Hey, you know what, to each his own. No point in arguing. Some people will boo, some won't. Nobody is right or wrong.

Comment

agreed, although i'm sure there will be more boos than anything.

Comment

sleepz wrote: View Post
          No you take it personally. I am born and raised in Toronto and I have no problem with him leaving. My issue is with mangement and the current players that don't leave it on the floor.
          what did you think of VC leaving?

Comment

I'm just tired of Toronto acting like "The Jilted Girlfriend" with all of these players (Turk, Vince, Tracy, Bosh). For Wednesday, I wish everyone there would put their energy into cheering extra hard for dudes like Ed Davis, DeMar Derozan and Amir Johnson and save their boos for The GM and Triano for assembling this car crash of a team.

(I would also prefer to remember the All Star Chris Bosh that was the best player for this organization, who I enjoyed watching and NOT the guy who craves a headline and the puss he's become over the past year)

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
              I'm just tired of Toronto acting like "The Jilted Girlfriend" with all of these players (Turk, Vince, Tracy, Bosh). For Wednesday, I wish everyone there would put their energy into cheering extra hard for dudes like Ed Davis, DeMar Derozan and Amir Johnson and save their boos for The GM and Triano for assembling this car crash of a team.

(I would also prefer to remember the All Star Chris Bosh that was the best player for this organization, who I enjoyed watching and NOT the guy who craves a headline and the puss he's become over the past year)
              +1
              Is there another fan base that constantly boos their ex players like we do in Toronto? It's kind of embarrassing, like we don't know much about ball but we know enough to boo. It is exactly what Bosh expects and I can just see him smiling at LEbRON and comparing the booing in Cleveland with what he gets here. I'd prefer silent indifference. Ultimately a win would be better than booing but at least keeping him a little afraid to drive inside would be nice.

Comment

If he promised a charity money and left without paying up, he should have fruit thrown at him. If it's just for his Toronto years and leaving like he did, meh, we're not much worse without him.
                "Victory at all costs, victory in spite of all terror, victory however long and hard the road may be; for without victory, there is no survival."

-Churchill

Comment

if the fans dont boo thats messed up. he said many times that he wanted to be "the man", the fact that he left to join another star makes him a custy. the fact that he gave up on the team is justification for boos. and now tht i find out he hasnt paid up to the boys and girls club, he deserves boos for sure.
                  http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

what a fag, should get the vince treatment
                    ya dun noe

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                      No it's not right. Bosh played his ass off for 7 years here and left when his contract was done. It's his right to leave if he wants, there is no reason to hate him.
                      all these people who hate bosh, probably would do EXACT same thing, if they were given an oppurtunity to go play with not one but 2 of the top 5 playes of our generation, in miami of all places, and a chance at winning multiple championships

or

play in toronto with jose, andrea, and turk as the core of the team for the next 5 years...

yea bosh is really a douche for not picking toronto...

Comment

Don't understand all the hate on for Bosh. After VC left, Bosh was the only reason The Raptors remained somewhat relevant around the league. How many times was he and he alone who kept the Raptors in a ton of games while those around him did nothing. He also did a lot of off court stuff for the community and represented the Raptors with class. Whether or not her quit after last year's All Star break is hard to say. You could argue both ways but it's hard to prove. At the end of the day, if you look at Bosh's body of work in T.Dot over his 7 years, the good far outweighs the so called bad. Yes, the manner in which he left was childish. But you know what, his a 26 year old kid caught up in the Hollywood hype. A lot of people would have had their heads inflated had they got the almost cult like status he got here in T.Dot. I anticipate most of the fans will boo Bosh on Wednesday. Yet, if you really wanted to send a message around the league, to players and fans alike, why not give him an appreciative round of applause when his name is introduced. After that, if you want to boo him because he's a member of the Heat and you want the Raps to win, by all means go ahead and do that. But giving him an appreciative round of applause during introductions would send a message that Raptor fans aren't bitter and jilted fans but rather mature fans who understand that players come and go. T.Dot fans are known to cheer for guys who bust their butts when playing. Bosh did that for most of his time here. Why not cheer that and show the league that we have classy fans here.

Comment

I'd clap when he comes on. He gave us a chance to actually be good in the future, by leaving. If he had stayed, signed a max contract. We'd be way over the cap, with a couple guys on long-term. And we'd still just be a 40-44 win team. For now we might have a worse record, but thanks to him leaving we have a chance to become a lot better. So, thank you Chris Bosh, although you could have told the management to trade you or something, but still!

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Souce: Hoops World

To boo or not to boo... What would/will you do?

I never realized Bosh was not living up to his commitments. That's pretty pathetic for a guy making that kind of money.
                            Guys, the guys from the 2003 draft(the best draft in a long time) are mostly scumbags(LeBron, Bosh and Melo) but you can not deny their talent. As a fan, I would give a standing ovation to Bosh(for putting the team on his back for 7 years even though he knew in his mind, he was not a number 1 option(how many big guys were number one options that was succcessful in the past two decades? Hakeem Olajuwon(with a huge asterisk as that was during the period of Mj`s first retirement) and Tim Duncan(a once in a lifetime big man lol) and to an extent Shaquille O`neal for the 3peat Lakers when Bryant was just a rookie in the league lol(and Bill Walton with the 1977 NBA championship winning Portland Trailblazers if we go all the way back lol). Lesson learnt, big men as number one options hardly work as wings should be that instead lol), never complained about having bad supporting casts from BC and gave his 100% everytime he played) even though he gets the silent treatment once the game begins. The Bosh and LeBron decisions are the decisions you make getting a job ahead of your previous job where there is more pay and a lower workload even though they were scumbags(the hype of the 2003 draft is probably to blame but I can`t blame the media, that is the best draft the NBA has had in a long time lol) and you would make thesame decision too. Food for thought.
                            Last edited by smushmush; Tue Feb 15, 2011, 12:53 AM.

Comment

YKR23 wrote: View Post
                              if the fans dont boo thats messed up. he said many times that he wanted to be "the man", the fact that he left to join another star makes him a custy. the fact that he gave up on the team is justification for boos. and now tht i find out he hasnt paid up to the boys and girls club, he deserves boos for sure.
                              You think fans NOT booing is messed up? Why? What does booing do?
                              Is it going to hurt Bosh's feelings? No.
                              Is it going to make him (and his teammates) play harder, which will most likely result in a win for Miami? Yes.
                              Is it going to make Bosh regret leaving Toronto? No.
                              Is it going to make Toronto fans seem petty? Yes.

Is silence going to have the effect that Raptor fans want the booing to have? Yes.

So tell me again why you'd want to help Miami win, make Bosh more glad he left and make Toronto seem petty?

And where exactly did you find out that he hasn't paid the Boys and Girls club? From an unsubstantiated rumour on the internet? Are you new to the world wide web?
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                                I anticipate most of the fans will boo Bosh on Wednesday. Yet, if you really wanted to send a message around the league, to players and fans alike, why not give him an appreciative round of applause when his name is introduced. .... Why not cheer that and show the league that we have classy fans here.
                                Couldn't agree more. How cool would it be if Toronto fans showed some class? Pretty much an impossibility, but I'd love to see it.
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X