Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

im glad we got a big with no ties to chris bosh, and a lethal roundhouse kick... i'm not saying the two things are related... but one can dream.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    im glad we got a big with no ties to chris bosh, and a lethal roundhouse kick... i'm not saying the two things are related... but one can dream.
    hahaha yet another heinz-ism.

the only thing im worried about is him coming to the Raps and thinking he's gonna be the savior and would try to do too much. i saw that with bayless, jack, etc.

but he seems like a stable and all around nice guy. might be a new member of the young gunz!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    hahaha yet another heinz-ism.

the only thing im worried about is him coming to the Raps and thinking he's gonna be the savior and would try to do too much. i saw that with bayless, jack, etc.

but he seems like a stable and all around nice guy. might be a new member of the young gunz!
    The thing with those guys is they thought 'saviour' meant scoring as many points as you can. And Bayless is solid at it when he's not playing like last night. However it can cause the ball to 'stick' in the Set, and take bad shots.
    With James Johnson though, he interprets 'saviour' as playing hard D, hustling and rebounding. You can never have too many guys trying to 'do too much' when its on the Defensive end of the floor.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    The thing with those guys is they thought 'saviour' meant scoring as many points as you can. And Bayless is solid at it when he's not playing like last night. However it can cause the ball to 'stick' in the Set, and take bad shots.
    With James Johnson though, he interprets 'saviour' as playing hard D, hustling and rebounding. You can never have too many guys trying to 'do too much' when its on the Defensive end of the floor.
    its too early to say, but i'm hoping johnson is a "saviour" in a Garbajosa non-stat way... attitude, work ethic, making QUALITY plays rather than stat padding plays, etc

Post Thanks / Like

Default Colangelo Has Had Talks About Flynn

There is a rumor floating around that the Raptors have inquired about Johnny Flynn:

The Kings, Clippers, Blazers, Raptors, Knicks, Bobcats and Cavs showed interest in Jonny Flynn last month. Now, the Rockets are interested.
    Source: Alex Kennedy's Twitter Page

Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    its too early to say, but i'm hoping johnson is a "saviour" in a Garbajosa non-stat way...
    You have no idea how much I hope this is true. The guy is tough - no doubt. He won't back down from anyone. He is big and athletic. He appears to be everything many BC/Bargs haters/questioners say the team needs more of.

I'd still like to have MIA pick but if last night is any indication of future contributions, I will get over that very quickly.

Post Thanks / Like

Knicks shopping Brewer and balkman to free up roster space.

TPE/2nd round pick for Brewer?

Post Thanks / Like

I'd do that but I think the Knicks would toss the offer in the trash can. I'd consider Balkman for Dorsey plus TPE to balance the deal. The Knicks are looking for bigs and right now with JJ in town it's becoming hard to envision him being back after this season. Balkman is a solid defender and has the potential to be a solid end of the rotation type player when the Raptors have injuries or wish to shake things up at times.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Trade Deadline: Feb 24, 2011 at 3 pm EST

In case you didn't know. There is about a half hour left before the deadline. Sometimes trades continue to trickle in because it takes time for the league to review them but teams can't submit anything to the league after 3PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Pretty sure raps are done. I'd be shocked if anything else came through.

Post Thanks / Like

This isn't raps related but the celts trade Perkins to the thunder for Jeff Green and whatshisface. Good move for both teams, though the celts just got very thin (literally) up front. Jeff Green off the bench is going to be terrifying and the thuder now have a low post threat.

The rich get richer.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote ceez wrote: View Post
    This isn't raps related but the celts trade Perkins to the thunder for Jeff Green and whatshisface. Good move for both teams, though the celts just got very thin (literally) up front. Jeff Green off the bench is going to be terrifying and the thuder now have a low post threat.

The rich get richer.
    I had an appointment for the last hour and a half. I get home and I'm in shock.

Is this a short term move? Is Ainge planning for the future? Is Green going to be happy off the bench?

Oh man, overall, this has been the craziest trade deadline I can remember. I can only imagine what draft day will be like with an unknown, new CBA days away.

Post Thanks / Like

Perkins knees must be pretty bad or this could be mostly financial, paving the way for the celts to get Dwight. Which is absolutely horrifying.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Craziest. Deadline. Ever.

Some seriously wild shit. Teams like OKC, Boston, Indy, New York (Jersey too) and Portland all got seriously better. Scary.

Magic making no moves is really surprising. So long, Dwight.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

It seems like some players were almost given away
    OJ Mayo for a first rounder?
    Wallace for a second?

Too bad Colangelo couldnt pick up some other players for cheap

Post Thanks / Like

I agree 100%. This was a crazy deadline.

Raps stand pat after the monster deal yesterday (Yes, sarcasm!)
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Feb 24th, 2011 at 03:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    It seems like some players were almost given away
    OJ Mayo for a first rounder?
    Wallace for a second?

Too bad Colangelo couldnt pick up some other players for cheap
    I think there is a plan and neither of those guys fit it.

OJ is not a PG. DD looks better long term as a SG and I personally don't think he is a SF.

Wallace has $9.5M tied up for 2 more seasons, killing all flexibility while adding a couple of wins that still puts them back in the Chris-Bosh-fringle-playoff-team purgatory.

A proper rebuild has been started and I hope it continues.

Post Thanks / Like

that sure was alot of picks flying through the air

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I Didnt mean them specifically, but if we could get a young player that fit for us for cheap
    And apparently the Mayo deal did not go through anyway

Post Thanks / Like

Quote bballnut27 wrote: View Post
    I Didnt mean them specifically, but if we could get a young player that fit for us for cheap
    And apparently the Mayo deal did not go through anyway
    I didn't mean to come off as critical... sorry if I did.

I'm sure deals were explored but short term improvement may not lead to long term improvement. I am glad to see that the long term appears to be the focus.

Draft day is going to be nuts.... 4 months to go! *ugh* that certainly puts it in persepctive.

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread Information