Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

slaw wrote: View Post
    My point was only that MLSE is spending $67mm to get 19(?) wins. That's gotta smart.
    This is common for rebuilding teams. They're making moves to rid bloated contracts of a past era and not win as many games as they can. It happens in most rebuilding scenarios.

Comment

Does that $66.8 Million include the TPE? I reviewed the contracts and it just adds up to $54-55M. Is there someone they're paying to be elsewhere, or are they getting docked for the Peja buyout?

Comment

No, the TPE doesn't count until it's put to use. They bought out Peja. This is probably what you missed when you went through the numbers. Peja still counts even though he's bought out. Here is a good site:

http://hoopshype.com/salaries/toronto.htm

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
          Fully agree. I've really tried to figure out HOW he does it though. Like it's amazing, he almost goes under guys. hahah
          And thats also part of my defense for Bayless. Most times he IS capable of beating his man and scoring massive points on them.. we should encourage that.
          same here, im always amazed as to how he can weave his way in and out traffic and finish off the rim. the thing i dont like is once he gets the ball, you know he aint passing. and he takes the most ill-advised shots. but thats his game tho. i think having a reputation of being a reckless shooter is what allows him to fool his man into thinking he's taking a jumper but then takes that quick first step to the basket. the other problem is he's a volume scorer, needs way too many shots to get into rhythm. but if he wants to sign with the raps for the vet min id take him. he's a momentum changer and thats handy to have on your team.

im not sold on bayless yet. it seems he's more of a scorer rather than anything else. but id give him another year.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
            Fully agree. I've really tried to figure out HOW he does it though. Like it's amazing, he almost goes under guys. hahah
            And thats also part of my defense for Bayless. Most times he IS capable of beating his man and scoring massive points on them.. we should encourage that.
            My favourite part is when he does the two-step, dribbles, moves, hesitates, and then blows "underneath" around the corner, by his man and gets to the rim ahead of any help. If he was a better finisher this guy would be a star.

Comment

Quiet Trade Deadline For Raptors

For the rebuilding Raptors, there’s no point in pulling off a deal that compromises the development of their young and emerging core, no sense in adding a big contract when so much salary flexibility has been already been created.

At the same time, if a deal presents itself that is simply too attractive to turn down, you know general manager Bryan Colangelo will do it.

But for now, don’t expect anything of any consequence.

“I will say there’s all sorts of conversation as we always do as a matter of course,’’ Colangelo relayed from Arizona on Sunday after leaving the league’s all-star weekend for a scouting trip.

“A lot of deals have been talked about, small deals that involve tweaks to the roster. I’d characterize them as opportunity-type deals.”
              Source: The Sun

Comment

I don't anticipate any blockbusters, but a small move for a second rounder or a late first rounder would not surprise me.
                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

I'd like to see a move for a prospect that maybe sends a guy like Weems out of town.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    I'd like to see a move for a prospect that maybe sends a guy like Weems out of town.
                    I'd like to see Jose's or Barbosa's salary shed.

IF DEN-NYK-MIN goes through, maybe MIN sends us Curry (buy him out) for Jose and get Flynn with the TPE? I still don't understand MIN giving up Brewer and taking on Curry (to buy him out) for just Randolph. Reportedly no draft pick is coming from MIN now - which at least makes it plausible.

I'm not advocating Flynn for the future but come draft day he certainly could be used in combination with MIA's pick to move up.

Comment

Why you hating on Money?

Comment

Danilo Gallinari A Possible Raptor ?

The Nuggets are not expected to retain Danilo Gallinari, according to sources that spoke with Ric Bucher.

The Nets, Clippers, Cavaliers and Raptors are all expected to express interest in Gallinari.

Gallinari was the sixth overall pick of the 2008 NBA Draft.

Source: http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap...#ixzz1EgPlxjhg

Not to sure if i like this idea though we do need a shooter, but his defense is blah ..

Comment

Why do I have the feeling that Alabi is in the proposed trade? This is interesting and I guess we'll have an answer by the Thursday deadline at the latest.

Comment

Why do I have the feeling that Alabi is in the proposed trade? This is interesting and I guess we'll have an answer by the Thursday deadline at the latest.
                            Hmm, perhaps Masai Ujiri drafted him in TO. Gallinari will make the Italian stallions of upper management drool for sure. This is going down and knowing BC, this will be his opportunity to swing for the fences as usual. It does address our need for a 3 and a 3 point shooting at that (.347 3pt%). Hmm, at one point, I'm pining for AB7 to get moved. Now, his buddy on the national team might join him. Too bad we had to let go of Belli (I'm joking on that one).
                            “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

i think we would have to include a pick, most likely Miami's first round

Comment

He brings size for the 3 spot with the ability to play the 4 in small ball situations (not that small I guess), I have no idea how his perimeter defense is, but it can't be worse than any other 3 we have. He is cheap right not at 3-4 mil as well.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X