Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Check the date of the article - March 9, 2009.

Check the SF's ahead of Johnson in Chicago - Deng and Korver this year.

Check the profiles of many college players - common errors for young players.

Check the recent articles discussing his attitude and maturity.

Have you seen the first half tonight? For all his worts he is still better than Julian and Weems at the SF.

Your opinion is certainly valid but to pass opinions off as fact certainly rubs many around here the wrong way.
    check for what ?

Comment

• i think he has to prove he is good defensively in the NBA, for him to lose the defensively challenged rep...

i also have noticed that you base a lot of your opinions on internet articles and blogs.

did you see him play in college ? for you to question me on JJ's maturity, shows that either you didnt watch, or have a weak memory.

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
        for the record, hibbert was only brought up to prove that gems can be found late in the draft... but go on making assumptions.

would ask you to find where i said colangelo should have drafted hibbert but we all you cant.
        Hibbert was drafted 17th, so middle of the draft, not late in the draft. Can solid players be found in the draft? Sure. The point all of this is that my viewpoint is that the acquisition of Johnson (who was thought of being a lotto pick a couple of years ago) could make the same impact (or greater) than a player sitting at position 25-26-27 in a weak draft.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
          Check the date of the article - March 9, 2009.

Check the SF's ahead of Johnson in Chicago - Deng and Korver this year.

Check the profiles of many college players - common errors for young players.

Check the recent articles discussing his attitude and maturity.

Have you seen the first half tonight? For all his worts he is still better than Julian and Weems at the SF.

Your opinion is certainly valid but to pass opinions off as fact certainly rubs many around here the wrong way.
          +1 Karim, there is no shame in admitting your wrong man just give it up you acting crazy dude. I dont get whats up with your hatred on here. Did you see johnsons game tonight after only being in TO for a few hours... it speaks for itself IMO

Comment

i think he has to prove he is good defensively in the NBA, for him to lose the defensively challenged rep...

i also have noticed that you base a lot of your opinions on internet articles and blogs.

did you see him play in college ? for you to question me on JJ's maturity, shows that either you didnt watch, or have a weak memory.
            He had 3 blocks tonight and made hard fouls on the opponent when it was neccessary. defense could still improove but it was a great start. Im glad we got johnson , he comes from the bulls ( a defensive team) hopefully he can bring some of the toughness and defense he picked up in chicago.

Comment

typical tim has to be right ALL THE TIME

too bad no one taught you any manners. you tell other people to choose their words carefully but i guess that never applies to you does it ?
              What ARE you talking about? Do we have some sort of history that I'm not aware of?
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Karim, stop acting crazy man. ur scaring the little kids. gzzz

Comment

• BC Press conf

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    He had 3 blocks tonight and made hard fouls on the opponent when it was neccessary. defense could still improove but it was a great start. Im glad we got johnson , he comes from the bulls ( a defensive team) hopefully he can bring some of the toughness and defense he picked up in chicago.
                    ok one game doesnt mean shit...

this is the type of sheer stupidity that many of the people on this board are tired of...

"oh jose calderon had two blocks today...maybe now hez gona lead the league in blocked shots"

one game is nothing...

Comment

• im just pumped about the win dude. im just cheering him on and if he doesnt become the player we hoped, who cares? id just rather be possotive about the game then complain. i wonder what these other moves are... im guessing barbosa and reggie are gonna go.

Comment

• One Game Means A Lot When The Counter Arguement Is So Weak...

One game means more than what the James Johnson critics currently have, that being nothing. It wasn't fair to jump the gun on the extreme negativity without giving this guy a chance. It's not fair to jump the gun after one good game either but seeing how fairness is now at the sidelines:

James Johnson 1
                        Impatient fans who don't know/care about the circumstances of the coming draft 0

Should be a good match up.

Comment

• I found this little tidbit interesting (I found it on the ESPN Insiders section). It should be in the Baron Davis-Mo Williams thread, but look at the part that I bolded and you'll see why I included this in this particular thread. I thought that it tied in a bit with the whole Johnson for Miami pick trade.

The Cavs are willing to take back Davis, who probably hates the trade, because the Clippers draft pick is unprotected. That pick would currently land in the eighth spot, but it could move into the top three during the NBA lottery show in May.

"We know we're going to have to build this team through the lottery," a Cavaliers source told ESPN.com Wednesday night. "We hope Baron works out, but our primary focus was the pick. We really wanted two top-10 picks to infuse the team with young talent."

"That just shows you how much we hate this draft," one Clippers source told ESPN.com.
                          If the Clips feel that way, and they're in the lotto, just think about how many feel about that pick that was jettisoned to Chicago.
                          Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 10:22 AM.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            One game means more than what the James Johnson critics currently have, that being nothing. It wasn't fair to jump the gun on the extreme negativity without giving this guy a chance. It's not fair to jump the gun after one good game either but seeing how fairness is now at the sidelines:

James Johnson 1
                            Impatient fans who don't know/care about the circumstances of the coming draft 0

Should be a good match up.
                            He looked great last night. He won't be a star, but I can certainly see him as a nice rotation player for years to come here in Toronto.

Comment

• Yes, let's hope he can be that guy and he can continue to grow. He'll get a lot more opportunities here to get into a rhythm.

I just found James Johnson's theme song:

Comment

• Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                                He looked great last night. He won't be a star, but I can certainly see him as a nice rotation player for years to come here in Toronto.
                                I think it is another example of a shift in BC's roster construction ideologies - just my opinion.

The only guys left on the roster who I would consider soft are Calderon and Bargnani (no doubt 2 big softies in the starting lineup is not easy).

Maturation and development of current young players and addition of more talent are still glaring issues but the notion of building a Euro/soft/jump shooting team is certainly no longer appropriate. Only Bargnani fits that bill - and even last night he showed a flash of what he CAN do, it is a question as usual of is he WILLING to do it. Maybe James Johson can threaten him with physical violence?

Comment

Working...
                                X