Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This isn't raps related but the celts trade Perkins to the thunder for Jeff Green and whatshisface. Good move for both teams, though the celts just got very thin (literally) up front. Jeff Green off the bench is going to be terrifying and the thuder now have a low post threat.

The rich get richer.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• ceez wrote: View Post
      This isn't raps related but the celts trade Perkins to the thunder for Jeff Green and whatshisface. Good move for both teams, though the celts just got very thin (literally) up front. Jeff Green off the bench is going to be terrifying and the thuder now have a low post threat.

The rich get richer.
      I had an appointment for the last hour and a half. I get home and I'm in shock.

Is this a short term move? Is Ainge planning for the future? Is Green going to be happy off the bench?

Oh man, overall, this has been the craziest trade deadline I can remember. I can only imagine what draft day will be like with an unknown, new CBA days away.

Comment

• Perkins knees must be pretty bad or this could be mostly financial, paving the way for the celts to get Dwight. Which is absolutely horrifying.
        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Craziest. Deadline. Ever.

Some seriously wild shit. Teams like OKC, Boston, Indy, New York (Jersey too) and Portland all got seriously better. Scary.

Magic making no moves is really surprising. So long, Dwight.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• It seems like some players were almost given away
            OJ Mayo for a first rounder?
            Wallace for a second?

Too bad Colangelo couldnt pick up some other players for cheap

Comment

• I agree 100%. This was a crazy deadline.

Raps stand pat after the monster deal yesterday (Yes, sarcasm!)
              Last edited by mcHAPPY; Thu Feb 24, 2011, 04:58 PM.

Comment

• bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                It seems like some players were almost given away
                OJ Mayo for a first rounder?
                Wallace for a second?

Too bad Colangelo couldnt pick up some other players for cheap
                I think there is a plan and neither of those guys fit it.

OJ is not a PG. DD looks better long term as a SG and I personally don't think he is a SF.

Wallace has $9.5M tied up for 2 more seasons, killing all flexibility while adding a couple of wins that still puts them back in the Chris-Bosh-fringle-playoff-team purgatory.

A proper rebuild has been started and I hope it continues.

Comment

• that sure was alot of picks flying through the air

Comment

• I Didnt mean them specifically, but if we could get a young player that fit for us for cheap
                    And apparently the Mayo deal did not go through anyway

Comment

• bballnut27 wrote: View Post
                      I Didnt mean them specifically, but if we could get a young player that fit for us for cheap
                      And apparently the Mayo deal did not go through anyway
                      I didn't mean to come off as critical... sorry if I did.

I'm sure deals were explored but short term improvement may not lead to long term improvement. I am glad to see that the long term appears to be the focus.

Draft day is going to be nuts.... 4 months to go! *ugh* that certainly puts it in persepctive.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                        that sure was alot of picks flying through the air
                        Yeah, a lot 2011 1st rounders. It just illustrates how weak many around the league feel this draft is. The JJ deal can't be looking so bad to those who chewed out Colangelo yesterday.

Comment

• Funny how everyone jumps on the James Johnson bandwagon after 1 game eh? I remember reading similar posts about Pops Mensah Bonsu....Jamario Moon.....etc...etc...

Give JT time, he will suck the life out of Johnson and leave him stone faced on the bench just like Bayless, Ajinca, etc..

Comment

• rip on jt as you have a picture of bargnani.
                            If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

• Multipaul wrote: View Post
                              Funny how everyone jumps on the James Johnson bandwagon after 1 game eh? I remember reading similar posts about Pops Mensah Bonsu....Jamario Moon.....etc...etc...

Give JT time, he will suck the life out of Johnson and leave him stone faced on the bench just like Bayless, Ajinca, etc..
                              I'm not jumping on his band wagon after one game. If you read this thread and others you'll note that my tone and message haven't changed since before he suited up. That message is A.) that draft pick had a near certainty of producing a steaming turd in this weak draft class and B.) The kid has talent, was never given a chance in Chicago due to depth so respectfully please back off the guy and give him a chance to prove/disprove himself.

Comment

• i just hope he's practicing them muay thai elbows for the next miami game

Comment

Working...
                                X