Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    look up roy hibbert. bc was probably like ahh w/e, that 17th pick wont amount to anything anyway, here you go indiana...

little things like this is what separates the chronic lottery teams from the champs.
    So Roy Hibbert makes the Indiana Pacers a legit contender right now?

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
      So Roy Hibbert makes the Indiana Pacers a legit contender right now?
      no but a good question is why do you always make assumptions ?

first you assumed that i said we could have drafted a star in the late 1st round

now you assume that hibbert makes indiana a legit contender...

do you hear voices in your head ? cuz if you dont then learn how to have a discussion without making assumptions.

im done with you, go enjoy the post game show, oh shit we got blown out AGAIN

Comment

no but a good question is why do you always make assumptions ?

first you assumed that i said we could have drafted a star in the late 1st round

now you assume that hibbert makes indiana a legit contender...

do you hear voices in your head ? cuz if you dont then learn how to have a discussion without making assumptions.

im done, go enjoy the post game show, oh shit we got blown out AGAIN
        How did I make assumptions? You talked about Roy Hibbert then stated that

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
        little things like this is what separates the chronic lottery teams from the champs.
        I asked if Roy Hibbert made Indiana a legit contender since you seem to make him out to be. I mean, since he's been in the fold, they haven't made it to the playoffs yet and hasn't been talked of as an all-star, but yet, I ask you a simple question and you flew off the handle.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          JAMES JOHNSON
          Source: NBADraft.net

This is the sort of feal where I think you need to step back and give it some time before you can decide if it is good or not. I honestly have not seen the guy play enough to comment more than he was drafted 16th overall and the Heat pick was probably going to be 28-30th overall in a weak draft.
          Good, another ball player in James Johnson that is all O(and even streaky at that) and bad D, way to go BC. BC needs to go (go back to your dad, you really suck as a GM ).

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
            way to go BC. BC needs to go (go back to your dad, you really suck as a GM ).
            Sorry smushsmush, but I don't think BC is looking to you for career advice. Keep trying though. And when he get's a $5M contract and you don't, then we can wonder where the system went wrong and why you aren't up there.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              Sorry smushsmush, but I don't think BC is looking to you for career advice. Keep trying though. And when he get's a $5M contract and you don't, then we can wonder where the system went wrong and why you aren't up there.
              I know the answer to that question. BC will get his contract extension because he has found many idiotic simpletons here in Toronto who worship the ground he walks just because , ..., well, I have no idea why they do !!

He will get his $5 M contract and laugh at fans like you in his way to bank who support him despite his lackluster effort while providing you guys with one of worst teams in the league after 5 years.

Comment

• smushmush wrote: View Post
                (go back to your dad, you really suck as a GM ).
                Nicely said

Comment

How did I make assumptions? You talked about Roy Hibbert then stated that

I asked if Roy Hibbert made Indiana a legit contender since you seem to make him out to be. I mean, since he's been in the fold, they haven't made it to the playoffs yet and hasn't been talked of as an all-star, but yet, I ask you a simple question and you flew off the handle.

Come on man, you can not be this SLOWWW !!! You are just NOT getting it. Johnson is a player who got his time in NBA and has shown he does not have to be a solid starter or even a solid rotational player in this league. This is a fact. Now, the guy might turn it around and ... but so far, with all the opportunities that were given to him, he has failed and has failed badly.

Now, with a 26-27 picks, some teams in past were able to do their homework right and pick players who were able to contribute and become solid starters or at least ROTATIONAL players in this league.

Now, is this guaranteed ? Heck no, but we could have not done worst than Johnson with that pick since Johnson is not one already.

So Stop all the non-sense about contender, game changing player and ... and just think. I am sure you will get it.

Comment

look up roy hibbert. bc was probably like ahh w/e, that 17th pick wont amount to anything anyway, here you go indiana...

Quite a number of teams passed on Hibbert that year. And last time I checked, Indiana was not a Championship team. You're getting a little ridiculous, now. Every team, including the Spurs, miss out on players in the draft. Every team drafts a dud when a good player was available. That's why drafting low is such a crapshoot.

San Antonio is probably the best at drafting low in the entire NBA, and they've made their share of mistakes. In 2007, the drafted Tiago Splitter, who was projected to go higher, but since San Antonio could afford to wait for him to be available, it was an easy pick. Of course, at the 33rd pick they drafted Marcus Williams, who played 13 games, instead of Glen Davis, who went two spots later. And Marc Gasol even was available.

In 2005, they drafted Ian Mahinmi, when David Lee was available and went just two spots later. Ersan Ilyasova, Ronny Turiaf and Monta Ellis also could have been taken there. Or Brandon Bass, Amir Johnson and Marcin Gortat. A lot of choice, but the geniuses in the Spurs head office went with a guy who has played a total of 66 games and is having a career high in mpg at 7. Boy, do those guys suck at drafting.

In 2004, they drafted Beno Udrih, who's not a bad player, but he's certainly no Anderson Varejao who was taken, coincidentally, two spots later and who would probably still be with the team had the Spurs seen fit to draft him. Also available at that spot was Chris Duhon and Trevor Ariza, both of whom play the type of defense that the Spurs like.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. Pointing to a player a GM passed up on as "proof" he should be fired is a slippery slope since you can make that same case for EVERY GM, including one's that have won Championships.
                    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                    Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                      Some of you guys really need to read and watch more basketball. This guy has been playing in D-League, has been so inconsistent with Bulls that he was not getting any minute. Look at the front page for scouting report on him.

Fouls at a high rate, Turns the ball over at high rate and ...

We got the over weight Joey for our FIRST ROUND Miami Pick and you guys are celebrating like we got a budding super star.

Ops, I forgot, his last name is Johnson and maybe this is why !!!
                      The guy is young, is an actual 3. I'd start him over Weems any day. He is athletic, very big and is pretty good defensively. Why shouldn't we be happy?

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                        Quite a number of teams passed on Hibbert that year. And last time I checked, Indiana was not a Championship team. You're getting a little ridiculous, now. Every team, including the Spurs, miss out on players in the draft. Every team drafts a dud when a good player was available. That's why drafting low is such a crapshoot.

San Antonio is probably the best at drafting low in the entire NBA, and they've made their share of mistakes. In 2007, the drafted Tiago Splitter, who was projected to go higher, but since San Antonio could afford to wait for him to be available, it was an easy pick. Of course, at the 33rd pick they drafted Marcus Williams, who played 13 games, instead of Glen Davis, who went two spots later. And Marc Gasol even was available.

In 2005, they drafted Ian Mahinmi, when David Lee was available and went just two spots later. Ersan Ilyasova, Ronny Turiaf and Monta Ellis also could have been taken there. Or Brandon Bass, Amir Johnson and Marcin Gortat. A lot of choice, but the geniuses in the Spurs head office went with a guy who has played a total of 66 games and is having a career high in mpg at 7. Boy, do those guys suck at drafting.

In 2004, they drafted Beno Udrih, who's not a bad player, but he's certainly no Anderson Varejao who was taken, coincidentally, two spots later and who would probably still be with the team had the Spurs seen fit to draft him. Also available at that spot was Chris Duhon and Trevor Ariza, both of whom play the type of defense that the Spurs like.

I could go on, but I think you get the point. Pointing to a player a GM passed up on as "proof" he should be fired is a slippery slope since you can make that same case for EVERY GM, including one's that have won Championships.
                        I completely agree. Getting good players late in the draft is very rare, and James Johnson is a safer choice. Especially in next years draft which is not very good, and some of the better players might chose to stay in college...

Comment

Skilled bigs are at a premium, so if there is a good one, they are usually gone in the lotto and mid-late teens. Good bigs floating around the late 20s is a rarity. The ones you find 25 and lower, more often than not, they're bigtime projects, and take minimum 3-4 years to develop, that is, if they're able to stick. The Raps already have two project bigs - Ajinca and Alabi.
                          I'm with you Mango on this one 100%. We can all mention names of players who have been successful and were drafted late but they are few and far between the number of busts you find that far back in the draft. Colangelo is playing the odds and going with a guy he feels has a lot more talent than what can be found at #28( the Heat's current placing) or #30(Where the Heat will probably end up by the end of the season). I'm struggling with all the negativity towards not keeping a pick that 99/100 is going to net a team a player who won't even be in two or three years at best.

This trade, in my opinion, signals the end of Julian Wright in Toronto. Hope I'm wrong on this one.

smushmush wrote: View Post
                          Good, another ball player in James Johnson that is all O(and even streaky at that) and bad D, way to go BC. BC needs to go (go back to your dad, you really suck as a GM ).
                          So you're calling for his head because he traded a pick that was probably going to net nothing for a player who is less likely to net nothing? He wasn't going to land a perfect player for the price of the Heat pick and defensive role players are worth more than offensive role players because there's less of them. This is probably the best he could have hoped for for all we know. I'm assuming, and not a lot I think, that the guy was diligent and called all teams about what they could offer for a pick that could be the last choice in the first round.

Comment

• Noah Not Happy

I tried posting this yesterday but it seems it was lost in cyber space:
                            "It [stinks]," Bulls center Joakim Noah said. "I consider J.J. a little brother. But he wasn't playing a lot, and I wish him nothing but the best. And I hope that he gets an opportunity to get out there on the court and show what kind of player he is."

Source: ESPN.com

Now obviously Noah is his friend but still, the guy thinks Johnson is talented and deserves an opportunity. Maybe we should all keep an open mind and see how he does now and until the end of the season?

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                              I tried posting this yesterday but it seems it was lost in cyber space:

Source: ESPN.com

Now obviously Noah is his friend but still, the guy thinks Johnson is talented and deserves an opportunity. Maybe we should all keep an open mind and see how he does now and until the end of the season?
                              uh, if it's all the same to you, i'd rather formulate my opinion now, without having to think about it. waiting all the way until the end of the season seems quite labour intensive...i'd rather just decide about these kinds of things & move on. down the road, if i'm proven wrong, i'll just pretend that i either liked him all along, or hated him all along.
                              TRUE LOVE - Sometimes you know it the instant you see it across the bar.

Comment

• I just want to point out a former Raptor who had a similar start to his NBA career and who is playing very well right not, albeit on a bad team, but he is doing well. Kris Humphries in his 7th NBA season has been a great power forward off the bench averaging 9 and 9, he started to show what he could do and gained confidence last year when he got traded to the Nets. With minutes Hump has put together all the flashed he showed us in Toronto and has carved out a decent run. Like Hump, Johnson came out early and has not been given a roll and minutes to see what he can really do. Will Johnson turn it around like Kris, I don't know, but is he worth a shot, yes.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X