Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnson could turn out to be a very solid player now that he can get some minutes to proove himself. if you look at the Bulls Forums on this trade they are saying the exact opposite of what many of you are saying. they are actually unhappy that they gave up Johnson for that draft pick. Many fans were very high on him and truely thought if given the chance johnson would do very well in time. They also talk alot about how good his work ethic is, how he slimmed down since his rookie year and dropped the ``should play PF tag alot of ppl put on him in while entering the NBA, and apparently he has been working with scottie pippen alot and also "REQUESTED" for playing time in the Dleague because he wanted to play more and continue to get better. I hope johnson prooves many of you wrong , but even if he has great games there will be tons of complainers.. nothing changes around here.
    I tihnk chicago did this move because they are in win now mode. They now have 4! first round picks. that will get them something prettty decent and they need a sg (OJ Mayo). Chicago didnt give up on him . it was just a stacked team that didint have time to develope him. The same with the Ajinca trade from Dallas. Who might i add played pretty well last game depite the loss. Johnsons had a few decent nights on the bulls his rookie season when he was getting time. Im looking forward to seeing him. J.Johnson and Ed Davis front court could be great.

Comment

• This bickering is going in circles. Let's just wait and see what he can do.

When's his first game?
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• he's the new raptor's david andersen.. if he can contribute, awesome.. if not, he's cheap, so who cares

Comment

• Joe Johnson is a player that Colangelo traded for from a team who was not happy with the young prospect. At the time it looked like an insignificant move... Look how that one turned out. If the players is young and Colangelo is interested then his track record supports the assumption that it wouldn't be wise to criticize the move until the player has had sufficient time to prove himself.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
            Joe Johnson is a player that Colangelo traded for from a team who was not happy with the young prospect. At the time it looked like an insignificant move... Look how that one turned out. If the players is young and Colangelo is interested then his track record supports the assumption that it wouldn't be wise to criticize the move until the player has had sufficient time to prove himself.
            He then signed-and-traded JJ for Diaw; another 'insignificant' move for a guy the Hawks had given up on.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              Joe Johnson is a player that Colangelo traded for from a team who was not happy with the young prospect. At the time it looked like an insignificant move... Look how that one turned out. If the players is young and Colangelo is interested then his track record supports the assumption that it wouldn't be wise to criticize the move until the player has had sufficient time to prove himself.
              Very true. Joe Johnson's stats from his first year in BOS hardly gave the impression of a player destined to be one of hte top players in the league at his position.

Comment

• heinz57 wrote: View Post
                he's the new raptor's david andersen.. if he can contribute, awesome.. if not, he's cheap, so who cares
                The only difference is 6-7 years in age and untapped potential in Johnson versus 'know what you are getting' in Andersen.

Comment

• pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                  Johnson could turn out to be a very solid player now that he can get some minutes to proove himself. if you look at the Bulls Forums on this trade they are saying the exact opposite of what many of you are saying. they are actually unhappy that they gave up Johnson for that draft pick. Many fans were very high on him and truely thought if given the chance johnson would do very well in time. They also talk alot about how good his work ethic is, how he slimmed down since his rookie year and dropped the ``should play PF tag alot of ppl put on him in while entering the NBA, and apparently he has been working with scottie pippen alot and also "REQUESTED" for playing time in the Dleague because he wanted to play more and continue to get better. I hope johnson prooves many of you wrong , but even if he has great games there will be tons of complainers.. nothing changes around here.
                  I tihnk chicago did this move because they are in win now mode. They now have 4! first round picks. that will get them something prettty decent and they need a sg (OJ Mayo). Chicago didnt give up on him . it was just a stacked team that didint have time to develope him. The same with the Ajinca trade from Dallas. Who might i add played pretty well last game depite the loss. Johnsons had a few decent nights on the bulls his rookie season when he was getting time. Im looking forward to seeing him. J.Johnson and Ed Davis front court could be great.
                  Some very solid points in there. I often check other teams TrueHoops affiliated sites but never thought on this. I'm going to go do a little reading myself. Thanks.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                    The only difference is 6-7 years in age and untapped potential in Johnson versus 'know what you are getting' in Andersen.
                    i didnt mean the players are similiar... just the situations..

if he contributes, great.. they get a solid player for next to nothing.. if he doesn't contribute, no big deal.. they got him for next to nothing

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      so i think a problem here, is that too many people on this forum just make assumptions for no reason

no where did i say BC should be fired becasue of this ONE trade, or because of this ONE draft pick

yes EVERY GM makes mistakes in the draft... no one is arguing that

the point was, you have limited chances to hit the jackpot in the draft, why waste a 1st round pick, on a guy who already another team has given up on, lacks defensive awareness (which is what we desperately need at the SF), and is very immature.

JJ, is a guy who thibadeau (one of the premier defensive head coaches in the league) did not like, and sent to the d-league

the point is, could we not have just kept the pick, and at worst, we draft a scrub, who is equivelent to JJ...

teams do hit the jackpot late in the draft, so to throw away picks seems a bit foolish

just my opinion, tim. and dont make assumptions to confuse the argument like mango kid, cuz i think you have a bit more sense than that.

in simpler terms, i would rather play the lottery and try to get a sege ibaka or anderson varajuao, than trade my lottery ticket for a james (im a MMA Fighter) johnson.

you wrote a pretty long post based on an assumption that i said bc should be fired because of this one draft pick or one trade, can you show me where i said that ?
                      I think the problem is that you have to choose your words a little more carefully. I'm not the only one that jumped to the conclusion that you wanted to have Colangelo fired. Stating that "little things like this is what separates the chronic lottery teams from the champs", tells me that you have no confidence in the GM.

Again, since everyone else seems to have reached the same conclusion as I did, perhaps it's not us, but you.
                      Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                      Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        He then signed-and-traded JJ for Diaw; another 'insignificant' move for a guy the Hawks had given up on.
                        Excellent point. People at the time thought the Suns were going to take a step back and then enter Diaw. The guy played like a monster at three positions. Too bad he got lazy in these last few years. Apparently the Bobcats are shopping S-Jax and making it a condition that any team who wants him has to take Diaw off their hands.

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
                          I think the problem is that you have to choose your words a little more carefully. I'm not the only one that jumped to the conclusion that you wanted to have Colangelo fired. Stating that "little things like this is what separates the chronic lottery teams from the champs", tells me that you have no confidence in the GM.

Again, since everyone else seems to have reached the same conclusion as I did, perhaps it's not us, but you.
                          come on tim, you can do better than that.

Comment

• [url]http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2011/02/johnson-prepares-to-face-former-team.html[/ur

"He was terrific for us," coach Tom Thibodeau said. "We didn't have a whole lot of minutes for him. His attitude was great. He worked extremely hard. He was athletic. I think it's a good move for the Raptors and for us. It gives us some flexibility moving forward."

Comment

• karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                              come on tim, you can do better than that.
                              It wasn't meant to be an insult. Just stating a fact. I wasn't the only one that apparently misread your posts. That should tell you something.
                              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• +1
                                Seems like everybody is the best GM out of their own bedroom.

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                                Sorry smushsmush, but I don't think BC is looking to you for career advice. Keep trying though. And when he get's a $5M contract and you don't, then we can wonder where the system went wrong and why you aren't up there.

Comment

Working...
                                X