Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trade Deadline Rumors/News: Barbosa And Evans On The Block? (see post #257)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If Gallo joins our rebuilding team, he better just shoot the damn 3pter when he catches the ball on a set play. If he pump-fakes and travels for a turnover, I'll shoot myself.
    Last edited by tonious35; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 08:44 AM.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
      If Gallo joins our rebuilding team, he better just shoot the damn 3pter when he catches the ball on a set play. If he pump-fakes and travels for a turnover, I'll shoot myself.
      Check this out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vj6Ww...eature=related The guy can play, I am warming up to him for sure. This is just one game, not a season long highlight.
      Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Colangelo Interested In Dealing Heat Pick?

“We might consider doing something now with the Miami (first-round pick) if the right kind of player can be obtained,” the Raptors president and general manager said in an e-mail.
        “We are having discussions with several teams, but mostly for smaller type deals that don’t compromise our plan of acquiring future assets or creating more flexibility,” said Colangelo.
        “If a significant piece is available that makes us better long term, we would certainly entertain that idea (using the full exception) as well, but (it’s) unlikely,” he said.
        Source: The Star

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
          Why you hating on Money?
          Exactly what did I say that was hateful?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            I saw that.

I like Gallinari off the bench here with a defensive minded, rebounding 3 to start.

What about: DEN gets Alibi, MIA first round for Gallinari (TPE)? That takes TOR right under the luxury tax.

Comment

I think the Raptors would have to give up another player. Julian Wright might be enough to toss in with what you mentioned. If not him then maybe Weems.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                I saw that.

I like Gallinari off the bench here with a defensive minded, rebounding 3 to start.

What about: DEN gets Alibi, MIA first round for Gallinari (TPE)? That takes TOR right under the luxury tax.
                I wouldn't trade alabi yet it could come back to bite us in 3-4 years. Also if we trade for this guy and triano starts another none defensive player I am going to be really annoyed.

Comment

Gallinari Staying In Denver

There were reports Monday that the Nuggets were considering re-routing Gallinari and Mozgov to New Jersey in exchange for two first-round picks. But Denver GM Masai Ujiri said that would not be the case. "We brought those guys in to play for the Nuggets," Ujiri said.
                  Source: NBA.com

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                    I wouldn't trade alabi yet it could come back to bite us in 3-4 years. Also if we trade for this guy and triano starts another none defensive player I am going to be really annoyed.
                    Alabi's going to bite us in the butt? Have you seen the guy play? No, seriously. And don't give me that old line about centres needing more time to develop than other players. While that is true to a point, Alabi can barely remain standing on an NBA court. The slightest breeze knocks him over. He is the most uncoordinated player I have EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If he ever develops into even a serviceable rotation player on the worst team in the league, I will be completely gobsmacked. Have I made myself clear? No way he'll ever bite us on the butt. A butterfly kiss on the toochus? Perhaps. But no bite.

Comment

Alabi is not a deal killer type of player at this point. He's so raw that he could just as likely not be in the league in two to three years.

Comment

This question deserves a poll. Gallinari for the Miami pick, yes or no?
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I don't think so. I just posted a link where Masai states he's not trading Gallinari.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            I don't think so. I just posted a link where Masai states he's not trading Gallinari.
                            Do you really think Gallinari is untouchable? Remember this could just be a bit of a smoke screen to drive up his value, if teams know they want to dump him they can low ball. I want to know what Denver will do with Felton, not that I want him in TO, but it will be interesting to see what happens with him know that Lawson is waiting his turn to run the team.
                            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Maybe, maybe not. I just know there is a rumor with around five teams after him. Then there's a statement from Masai saying he's not trading the guy. Then there is the fact that there's no chance in hell the Raptors could ever land the guy for the Miami Heat's late first round draft choice. I just don't think it's poll worthy.

I think if anybody is moved it would be Chandler.

Comment

LeeZ wrote: View Post
                                Alabi's going to bite us in the butt? Have you seen the guy play? No, seriously. And don't give me that old line about centres needing more time to develop than other players. While that is true to a point, Alabi can barely remain standing on an NBA court. The slightest breeze knocks him over. He is the most uncoordinated player I have EVER SEEN IN MY ENTIRE LIFE. If he ever develops into even a serviceable rotation player on the worst team in the league, I will be completely gobsmacked. Have I made myself clear? No way he'll ever bite us on the butt. A butterfly kiss on the toochus? Perhaps. But no bite.
                                He is 22 years old and 7'1 what are you expecting from a kid who left school early and got drafted in the second round? There are next to no players drafted in the second round who are impact players in their first year. And the joke is that even right now he is a better defender than our starting center. The reality is that Toronto is not going to win a championship without defense so right now the raptors need to get these defensive players a bit of offense which will allow them to play in triano offensively gear system.

Let's say you are right and alabi does nothing in this league we need to find that impact player on the defensive side so until we have that player we should not be in no rush to go out and get another scorer
                                Last edited by grindhouse; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X