Dwyane Wade Laughs Hard At The Thought Of Playing In Toronto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Imagine how much they make if they go to 22 games...
    I would love it if they at least got rid of back to back games. It will never happen because of the owners, but it would bring the play level way up cause they would be less tired and whole lot less players getting injured.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
      I would love it if they at least got rid of back to back games. It will never happen because of the owners, but it would bring the play level way up cause they would be less tired and whole lot less players getting injured.
      Ya with the NBA I wouldn't mind if they went down like 70 games. But I doubt the owners would be for that. Thats 6 less home games, and for some teams, thats ALOT of money lost.

With the NFL, I think they could totally play 22 games. The Players Association saying they can't is a load of crap in my opinion. They said the same thing when they upped the number of games last time.

Comment

Who Cares?

So one other ignorant superstar does not think highly of Toronto. People in his position do not experience "the city" anyway. They get a rarefied, ego-boosting, expensive experience. Naturally, if you want to hang out and you can get all the women in the world because of who you are, Miami is the place. Toronto is not "world class", meaning "american class", in terms of its slums, idol worship, multi-culural relations, etc. We are a little above "world class", and need not be ashamed of it if some athlete who would be very ordinary without some specific, ridiculous talents. Had Wade blown out his knee when he was 19, we would not even know him beyond any other man.
        Toronto, stop giving a shit about the opinions of a buch of spoiled pin heads. Have some self respect.

Comment

Of course the NFL stadiums seat 90,000 fans or so which is 6 times the size of a basketball arena.

Comment

He likes Miami, end of story. Nothing to see here, move on.
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I thought the league is pushing for 18 and the PA wants no part of it.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I thought the league is pushing for 18 and the PA wants no part of it.
                I've also heard of going for 22. But perhaps that was a negotiating tactic to get the PA to accept 18.
                Either way, I think the players could handle it. They would have to be compensated for the extra play though. I guess just prorate the contract to account for more games? Not sure how that would work.

Comment

I'm not sure extra pay is on the agenda. I think the original idea, and this could have changed, is to cut the pre-season short and tack games on to the regular season. Now who knows, maybe they want the pre-season to stay the same and have the extra games. Not sure.

Comment

Who effing cares? Not falling for that one DWade.
                    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

I'm not sure extra pay is on the agenda. I think the original idea, and this could have changed, is to cut the pre-season short and tack games on to the regular season. Now who knows, maybe they want the pre-season to stay the same and have the extra games. Not sure.
                      I'd be in favour of something similar with the NBA; extend the Regular season by 2 weeks, keep 82 schedule. That way they'd be able to eliminate a good number of the back-to-backs teams are playing.

Comment

I personally think the NBA season is too long and there are too many meaningless games because of it. They'll never shorten the season though. They're not giving up that money.

Comment

I personally think the NBA season is too long and there are too many meaningless games because of it. They'll never shorten the season though. They're not giving up that money.
                          Battier thought the league should be shortened to like 50 or so games.

Comment

Battier is a smart man.

Comment

Battier is a smart man.
                              And a very smart player.

Comment

watched the video he was definitely laughing at Cleveland

Comment

Working...
                                X