Bosh Reflects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bosh Reflects

"Nowadays, everybody looks out for themselves," he said. "There's not much loyalty in anything, like personally, or basketball.

"I think that's important," he added. "I think that could be brought back to sports, to family, to friends. I think generally, in the world, loyalty isn't big any more."
    "Chris is not a flamboyant person who says, `Look at me,'" says his former coach, Sam Mitchell, who was in charge during Bosh's ascension to the upper ranks of NBA power forwards. "He just gets the job done. He wants the Raptors to do well."
    "I used to crave it at first but after a while, it's like, who really needs attention?" he said. "I have the attention here and I can't walk around many places here and that just kind of bugs me. Do I want that everywhere?"
    "I used to run a lot of stuff around Chris – you can't guard him or very few guys can guard him one-on-one," recalled Mitchell. "Easily, he's one of the top 10 or 12 players in the NBA. Hands down."
    "I get a lot of shots, I get to rebound, I get to play as much as I want until I'm tired and I get to make the all-star team every year," he said. "What's not to like?"
    Bosh cites three key influences in helping him become the franchise player and four-time all-star: Michael Curry, the veteran who guided him through a difficult rookie season ("He taught me the value of hard work"), Darrick Martin ("He helped me become a leader") and Mitchell, who gave him sage advice.
    "He taught me ... no matter what happens, you have to be a professional and show up, do your job and it's not going to be easy," Bosh said of Mitchell. "Every night you in particular, Chris Bosh, have to do something, no matter what happens. Nobody cares if you're sick or if you have a bad game or if you can't throw a rock in the ocean that night.

"You still have to be effective because you still have to play."
    TheStar.com

Glad to hear Bosh publicly recognizing everything Sam Mitchell did for him during his growth as one of the very best players in the league.

I like this side of Bosh. Its nice to know that he respects people that helped him grow as a player and he gives credit where credit is due. From this it seems he likes life in Toronto and he basicly has it all here (we all knew that). I respect him for repecting the city and the Raptors franchise and he isnt adding to the 2010 fire a-la Lebron.

He is a professional and i like that

Comment

Along with everything else – and there’s so much – he’s one very cool dude. I like him a lot.

Comment

Thanks Chris, but I'll take my life lessons elsewhere. Just work on your jumper and drive-game, sign a reasonable contract and get this team out of the first round.

Comment

I like the "loyalty" comments though. Makes the future seem alot brighter here in Toronto.

Comment

Working...
          X