Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there even a point for watching the dunk contest?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there even a point for watching the dunk contest?!

Just watching the rookie game and Kenny Smith pretty much has Blake Griffin C@$& in his mouth while at the same time dissing Demar's dunks ("oh he won't win anything with that dunk")

The winner has already been choosen before the competition has even started, its a popularity contest and given its at the Clippers house no other person will win it but Griffin.

You gotta remember that Kenny Smith is Blake's "coach" for the contest, he's pretty much required to gargle his nuts...

I get hyped up every year for it, usually to be let down big time, but I got a feeling about tonight. DeMar talked a big game last year about getting the crowd into but didn't deliver even though he had some decent dunks. With L.A. being his(true) and BG's(adopted) hometown, it should be pretty live in Staples Center. I'm looking forward to it anyways...

Comment

Demar came close last year and should've won. Can't wait for the chicken dunk!
      “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Mack North wrote: View Post
        You gotta remember that Kenny Smith is Blake's "coach" for the contest, he's pretty much required to gargle his nuts...
        Exactly. Kenny Smith isn't a judge, he's Blakes coach and he was dissing Serge too. It was all light hearted.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Exactly. Kenny Smith isn't a judge, he's Blakes coach and he was dissing Serge too. It was all light hearted.
          Yeah but still, i get the impression that the outcome of the dunk contest is already set in stone.

I guess we'll see.

Comment

Props to DD, his dunks were sick

Comment

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
              Yeah but still, i get the impression that the outcome of the dunk contest is already set in stone.

I guess we'll see.
              yup yup

I am disgusted. DeMar was robbed.

Comment

So to me it looks like Hyundai paid the NBA to have Blake Griffin dunk over their car, and "win" the contest. The NBA really is such a joke thanks to Stern. It's only a matter of time before Stone Cold Steve Austin runs out on the the court and gives the Stone Cold Stunner to the whole Celtics team, cracks open 2 beers and hands the NBA Championship Belt to Kobe Bryant.
                Last edited by nubreed000; Sun Feb 20, 2011, 02:25 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                  It's only a matter of time before Stone Cold Steve Austin runs out on the the court and gives the Stone Cold Stunner to the whole Celtics team, cracks open 2 beers and hands the NBA Championship Belt to Kobe Bryant.
                  hahaha, funniest thing I've read all d ay

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                    So to me it looks like Hyundai paid the NBA to have Blake Griffin dunk over their car, and "win" the contest. The NBA really is such a joke thanks to Stern. It's only a matter of time before Stone Cold Steve Austin runs out on the the court and gives the Stone Cold Stunner to the whole Celtics team, cracks open 2 beers and hands the NBA Championship Belt to Kobe Bryant.
                    Personally, I think I could buy into a "Shaq-Fu" story line much easier. Because, you know, it makes sense and I can relate to it and stuff.

Next year I want Blake Griffin to jump over cigarette truck... Been thinking about it the contest some. You know, it sure would have been a shame if the NBA couldn't have got that product placement(the car) or the elaborate choir crap in there because Blake Griffin's dunks weren't good enough for him to legitimately make the finals. They would have lost out on some money there.

Comment

Working...
                    X