Lebron Fueling the 2010 Fire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lebron Fueling the 2010 Fire

Okay so we get it Lebron you love New York. We saw it when the Indians, and the Yanks were in the playoffs and you supported the Yanks not the hometown Indians. We saw it when you decide to wear new shoes when playing the Knicks. Speaking of shoes did anyone see Lebrons new kicks?

http://my.thescore.com/scoreblog/arc...re.com+Blog%29

Honestly all i can say is that he really is a douche-bag. The guy has no class, show your team some respect and stop promoting NY ( ya i know, its all about money).

I think Lebron has to stop being a punk, and follow Bosh's lead and stop commenting on 2010 and focus on this season.

He just celebrated his B-Day, he says he's 25...... If its true he should start acting like it

More and more I am beginning to dislike LBJ because of his stupid antics. The dude is just a straight up clown man. I mean he tells the media he is tired of all the speculation surrounding 2010 and how he doesn't wanna talk about it anymore. Yet he releases those kicks man. Obviously that is just going to add fuel to the fire. And don't get it twisted, LBJ absolutely has a say in the release of his shoes, so he definitely knew about those.

Comment

Guys, chill out. Its a marketing gimmick. Who cares? I like the idea. Its good marketing and will no doubt generate a lot of kicks sales in the NYC area. They have a huge population. This is business, don't get this confused. Good call on LeBron and his team's behalf.

Comment

I understand that its all about selling shoes, but do you really think its fair to Cav fans or their management when he does this? I dont think its fair to the team either, because we know that attention will be drawn from this. Its a distraction and i think Lebron should be smarter than that

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
          Guys, chill out. Its a marketing gimmick. Who cares? I like the idea. Its good marketing and will no doubt generate a lot of kicks sales in the NYC area. They have a huge population. This is business, don't get this confused. Good call on LeBron and his team's behalf.
          Obviously, it's a marketing gimmick meant to sell shoes to Knicks fans in particular. That's not the point. The point is LBJ has repeatedly said how he is tired of talking about the upcoming free agency. Yet, he uses this marketing ploy to generate sales for his kicks. I'm not hating on that. It's actually very smart and will probably work. But if he is so tired of talking bout 2010 like he claims to be, then what could he and his people reasonably expect from this move? And it is most definitely disrespectful to all the Cavs fans who have supported him and to his teammates and the Cavs organization. I'm confused, how is this a good call on his team's behalf? If anything it will just create more of a distraction.

Comment

INFO wrote: View Post
            I understand that its all about selling shoes, but do you really think its fair to Cav fans or their management when he does this? I dont think its fair to the team either, because we know that attention will be drawn from this. Its a distraction and i think Lebron should be smarter than that
            Why is it unfair? For all you know he could have already privately told them that he wants to stay. He could have told his teammates that he wants to stay. We don't know what goes on behind the scenes. Even if he hasn't said any of that stuff, his shoe says nothing more than NYC is an option.

.40 Cal Flakes wrote: View Post
            The point is LBJ has repeatedly said how he is tired of talking about the upcoming free agency. Yet, he uses this marketing ploy to generate sales for his kicks. I'm not hating on that. It's actually very smart and will probably work. But if he is so tired of talking bout 2010 like he claims to be, then what could he and his people reasonably expect from this move?
            To me this one is irrelevant. This affects no one but himself. Seems like he's willing to answer more questions if he's making money off of it.

And it is most definitely disrespectful to all the Cavs fans who have supported him and to his teammates and the Cavs organization. I'm confused, how is this a good call on his team's behalf? If anything it will just create more of a distraction.
            Its a good call because he makes a lot more money and if he re-signs they'll still love him, if he leaves then they are going to dislike him either way. I don't think its any more disrespectful than a player suggesting he's going to consider all options during free agency and thus not proclaiming his loyalty to his current team. Bosh has not committed and said he's going to consider every option, is that disrespectful? James never said he's signing in NYC and his shoe doesn't say that. All it says is that NYC is an option, nothing more.

Comment

Its a good call because he makes a lot more money and if he re-signs they'll still love him, if he leaves then they are going to dislike him either way. I don't think its any more disrespectful than a player suggesting he's going to consider all options during free agency and thus not proclaiming his loyalty to his current team. Bosh has not committed and said he's going to consider every option, is that disrespectful? James never said he's signing in NYC and his shoe doesn't say that. All it says is that NYC is an option, nothing more.
              Well it's definitely a good call for James financially. No argument there. But I still don't see how it's a good call for the team. Again it will just add to the circus atmosphere that is surrounding his free agency and is slap in the face to management, who've by all accounts done everything possible to keep him happy and remain with the Cavs.

JMO but I don't think it is the same thing as suggesting he's going to consider all options. It's a given that players like LBJ, Wade, and CB4 will consider all options. But James is blatantly promoting the possibility that he will sign with the Knicks. It's just teasing the Knicks fans and punking the Cavs fans at the same time, who have been loyal to him. Like you said, he might have privately told his teammates that he will resign. If thats the case then he is just egging Knicks fans on to make a buck. I'm not a Cavs fan or a James fan in particular so i don't really care about this. I'm just sayin man. If anything, it's more his other actions that have me cheesed. this just adds to it.

Comment

Well it's definitely a good call for James financially. No argument there. But I still don't see how it's a good call for the team. Again it will just add to the circus atmosphere that is surrounding his free agency and is slap in the face to management, who've by all accounts done everything possible to keep him happy and remain with the Cavs.

JMO but I don't think it is the same thing as suggesting he's going to consider all options. It's a given that players like LBJ, Wade, and CB4 will consider all options. But James is blatantly promoting the possibility that he will sign with the Knicks. It's just teasing the Knicks fans and punking the Cavs fans at the same time, who have been loyal to him. Like you said, he might have privately told his teammates that he will resign. If thats the case then he is just egging Knicks fans on to make a buck. I'm not a Cavs fan or a James fan in particular so i don't really care about this. I'm just sayin man. If anything, it's more his other actions that have me cheesed. this just adds to it.
                I didn't like "no shakegate", I didn't like "dancegate" but this one I feel is nothing to get worked up over. If a Knicks fan buys a LBJ shoe because of its colors and the message then that's their dumb fault.I see nothing misleading about the shoe. If a Cavs fan gets upset over it then he's too sensitive and I would ask where he's been for the million James is leaving rumors. Shouldn't they be desensitized by now? I know I am in regards to the possibility of Bosh leaving town.

Comment

I don't understand the marketing behind putting "I Lion NY" on the sole of the 2010 LBJ shoe - unless he's already made up his mind, and Nike is in the know.

If I was a Cavs fan, I'd be enraged.
                  RR OG

Comment

Conspiracies? Come on now. It would be unwise for James to go to NYC if he cares about winning. He can make as much money in Miami, including endorsements, and play along side D-Wade. That would be a deadly combo and he would get all the love he could want from a big market there. Chicago would be a better destination for him as well.

Comment

Chris Bosh has done more than set a Toronto Raptors career scoring standard. So far, at least, he's shown professional athletes how to conduct themselves in a contract year. The Toronto Raptors still seem to be a fatally-flawed unit, but through it all Bosh's pending free-agency eligibility seldom surfaces as a storyline - a blessing in a city that has already lived through the protracted departure of Blue Jays ace Roy Halladay. It's true that is in part because the NBA's regulations make a sign-and-trade scenario a way to even more riches for a potential free-agent, but still, Bosh has avoided the cutesy answers and actions that send out mixed messages.
                      http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sport...rticle1417819/

Jeff Blair's article helps to show how LBJ's sneaker move smacked of douchebagness and immaturity as opposed to CB4's classy and professional handling of his pending free agency. Yes, there hasn't been as big a distraction and circus surrounding CB because he is not the "King" and he is not located in a major market in U.S. But at the same time he hasn't added to the speculation and hasn't sent out mixed messages. I will def be sad and upset if CB decides to bolt and sign elsewhere. He's a great dude and has shown loyalty and love to his fans and the city.

Comment

Bosh has sent mixed messages. He says constantly that he loves Toronto and feels comfortable here but at the same time he doesn't want to commit to anything. If he were so comfortable with the team and the city wouldn't he just come out and proclaim that Toronto is #1 on his list? That's not a commitment, that's just stating his favorite option.
                        Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 4, 2010, 06:43 PM.

Comment

Bosh has sent mixed messages. He says constantly that he loves Toronto and feels comfortable here but at the same time he doesn't want to commit to anything. If he were so comfortable with the team and the city wouldn't he just come out and proclaim that Toronto is #1 on his list? That's not a commitment, that's just stating his favorite option.
                          IDK Apollo, but I don't think Bosh is sending mixed messages, JMO. Bosh has been consistent for the past year in what he has said about his upcoming FA-which is that he loves T Dot, but will consider all options and will only freely discuss it at the appropriate time. I don't think the fact that he hasn't committed to the Raps means he is sending out mixed messages. He is being open about the fact that he will consider all options and has not changed his stance for the past year. He is not leading on Raps fans in any way. At least not openly.

This hasn't been the case with LBJ. Like I said in an earlier post, LBJ says one thing and does another. He has gone as far to say he wants to stay in Cleveland and doesn't want to talk about his FA. Yet he has worn the Knicks colours out in public, has chosen to wear wear a yankee cap in favour of an indians one, has put out a NYY edition pinstripe shoe (very dope I might add), etc. all meant to tease knicks fans and create marketing hype. All very clever and obviously working.

But I digress, lest I get banned for arguing with a Super Mod.

Comment

Working...
                          X