Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to take the training wheels off!

http://www.hoopsworld.com/TheWireStory.asp?id=29268

I agree with this premise. No one over 24 plays!

Using this strategy will not only enable experience for the younger guys, but it will also give us a better chance for the top draft pick. Assuming we lose.

Comment

Isn't Andrea 25?
      What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

This should have been the strategy 10-20 games ago

Comment

Bayless and Calderon need to split minutes 50/50, and wright and weems need to do the same, Davis is already getting good minutes, dont force any injured guys to play when they are not hundred percent (Amir) this season is a write off.
          "Defense wins championships."

Comment

This isn't really a new development. Two-thirds of our team is made up of younger players still early in their careers, and most of them get 20+ MPG already. I'm not sure how much further you can take it. We can't just sit Jose and Leandro because they're 28+...

Comment

Here's the thing: First off, I totally agree with getting our young guys way more minutes. The problem is we're gonna lose even more and the blow outs will be unbearable. Hey I can take it, you can take it, but the majority of casual fans that buy tickets won't be able to take it. This is still a business and Jay has a responsibility to go for the win if the opportunity is there. Calderon is still playing way better than Bayless and giving Joey and Alabi minutes is nothing short of a tank job.
              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Could not agree more. We need to give the young guys more playing time, but at the same time the fans and the coaching staff still want this team to win some ball games. We need to give them more time, just not to the extent of starting Alabi for example haha

Comment

this is why so many were against the signing of players like matt barnes...

Comment

The funny thing is that playing guys like Ed Davis more than Bargnani might result in more wins anyway...

Comment

karim_nasir wrote: View Post
                      this is why so many were against the signing of players like matt barnes...
                      Which is undestandable, but at the same time, this team needs Vets to help mentor these guys. Whether or not they are playing significant minutes is beside the point. Having a gritty guy like Barnes and Diaw would be great for guys like Julian Wright and Sonny Weems, and I bet they would be the first to say so. Having these guys around at practice, and off the court, would be beyond PT. It would be someone to bust their butts and show these guys what a real pro goes through and if Weems starts jacking shots, Triano isn't forced to leave him on the floor; he has the option to pull him, which is often times better for their education and development.

Comment

And this whole 'Bench anyone over 24' sounds an awful lot like 'Tanking'. And I'm not for that.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Which is undestandable, but at the same time, this team needs Vets to help mentor these guys. Whether or not they are playing significant minutes is beside the point. Having a gritty guy like Barnes and Diaw would be great for guys like Julian Wright and Sonny Weems, and I bet they would be the first to say so. Having these guys around at practice, and off the court, would be beyond PT. It would be someone to bust their butts and show these guys what a real pro goes through and if Weems starts jacking shots, Triano isn't forced to leave him on the floor; he has the option to pull him, which is often times better for their education and development.
                          disagree.

like the idea of bringing in a very old vet who knows the game, but doesnt really need a lot of playing time.

matt barnes is a serial killer in his prime... if DD or sonny were taking his minutes, who knows what would happen after the game...

and i like matt barnes, but he is the last guy i would want mentoring anyone on my team...

come on joey, i've read a lot of ur posts, and i agree with a lot of what you say... you seem like a really intelligent raps fan, but even you must admit that the barnes signing wasn't for development, it was for one thing and one thing only...

to squeeze into that last playoff spot even if it meant derailing development.

i cant imagine any reason why someone would disagree with this...

2010-2011 wasn't a development year in BC's eyes until about mid january...

put the kool-aid down joey just for a second !!
                          Last edited by karim_nasir; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:39 AM.

Comment

wait the raptors signed matt barnes?

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                              wait the raptors signed matt barnes?
                              Ummmm. Yes, yes they did.
                              Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Working...
                              X