Are we now the Blue Jays?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are we now the Blue Jays?

Big 3 in Miami. Big 3 (insert point guard here) in NYC. What does the future hold for our hapless raptors? Can you ever see us putting a team together than can rival those over the next 7 years? How does this affect you being a fan realizing we will now be chasing down the Yankees and red sox of basketball for the foreseeable future? And please, don't bring up the devil rays

This comparison doesn't work. NYY and Sox are division rivals. The Heat aren't. The road to the play-offs in baseball is much tougher than it is in the NBA. Furthermore, the Yanks and Sox are/were powerhouse teams from top to bottom. Neither the Knicks nor the Heat are of the same caliber. In fact, I don't see the Knicks ever being on the elite level, they'll more than likely be perennial pretenders like the Suns of previous years were.

Comment

Like the Raptors, the Jays are mostly young, most specifically their rotation. However I believe the future of the Blue Jays is a better one than the Raptors. At 85-77 the Jays believe it or not had one of the better records in the league. They showed that we weren't pushovers and that we're a team to watch. I don't think this is the year we make the playoffs again but we did down the Yanks and Rays quite a few times. This team is only going to get better

Comment

Didn't mean to turn this into a baseball thing but whatever

Comment

No the Jays at least won 2 world championships......

We are more like the Seattle Mariners.

Comment

Replace the Heat with Celtics, then yes we are the Blue Jays. Better than being the Orioles(Nets) though.
            What if... Blazers had drafted both Drexler, Jordan?

From 1992 Beginner's Guide to the NBA Finals, The Oregonian's special section. Published 6/3/1992.

Michael Jordan was the #3 pick in the 1984 draft, after Portland selected Sam Bowie second.

Comment

Dwayne Wade turns 30 next season, not that that is real old, but he has had lots of little injuries over his career and needs his athleticism to dominate. Can he reinvent himself to prolong his effectiveness, or will he fade quickly? If they find a steal or two in the draft like San Antonio does they will be good for a long time, if not only time will tell.

The NYK's will need to find depth and some size, but it D-Will or Chris Paul sign there after next year they are going to be a tough out for anyone.
              Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

If, a BIG IF..Chris Paul or D-Will does join the New York Knicks. But I can almost guarantee NYK will never win a championship, unless they somehow can play defense in the 4th quarter.

I don't know right now if the Blue Jays can ever top the Yankees, but hope generated from last year came from one big thing that got them across the season with 80-ish wins was the DEFENSE and PITCHING staff. Surprise explosions of talent and consistency from Romero, Morrow, Marcum (now will be replaced by Drabek), and Cecil. What cost them 7-10 more wins is Brian Tallet, and an injured/still-chubby-at-the-time Listch.

If Boston still has Rondo, Perk, and the OLD-3 playing for the next 3 years, New York will not win the championship in those three years, unless the Knicks get more Landry Fields-like role players in the draft the fill their dire needs.

Raptors need to make sure that every 1st round pick they make, must make as much as an impact as DeRozen, Ed, and I may have to regrettably say, Bargs as well. They HAVE to capitalize on 2nd round picks too so they can save cash short term and be a team rally story to follow. So B-Co can't just waste a 2nd round picks on a Blorgen-Schplorgen Shappoopi from Scandanavia.

Comment

I think he basically just meant we're in a division now with some EPIC talent, and it will tough for us to to really make a dent and compete against these huge monsters. ala Jays. Fair argument. It's going to be tough. But now we'll seeing ALOT of good teams around these parts for a few years.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                    I think he basically just meant we're in a division now with some EPIC talent, and it will tough for us to to really make a dent and compete against these huge monsters. ala Jays. Fair argument. It's going to be tough. But now we'll seeing ALOT of good teams around these parts for a few years.
                    EPIC talent indeed.

But Boston still is the team that knows how to play the game properly in all levels, since the 2007 summer trade.

YOU KNOW WHAT? I just came across this fact:

I don't think the Raptors still have beaten a team with Amare Stoudmire since 2003.
                    Last edited by tonious35; Tue Feb 22, 2011, 12:13 PM.

Comment

That sums it up well.

Comment

We would be lucky to be the Blue Jays right now

Comment

I don't think the Jays comparison is a fair one. The Raps are far below where the Jays are teamwise. The Jays have far more promise and there time will be in a couple of seasons. The prospects are there for the Jays. Is the compaison in regards to the division?

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                            Is the compaison in regards to the division?
                            Yes.

Comment

Yes.
                              Still a bad comparison. No team in our division has unlimited funds (like the Yankees and Red Sox do in MLB) to bring whomever they want into their fold.

Comment

Working...
                              X