istanbul escort - bursa escort - escort bayan - Antalya Escort
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: Wow...that happened quickly.

  1. #41
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    10,257
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    have you seen jrue holiday play ?
    He's not THAT amazing. He is very good. And he will be VERY good. But I think he's gotten a bit overrated by the media.
    I love the kid, don't get me wrong, but I think people have a slightly inflated opinion of him.

    The fact that he's 6'4" and has the ball on a string is the main reason why people are so high on him, and rightfully so. But he still has ALOT to prove in terms of consistency. Which is where his main problem lies. And until he can be consistent for 82 games, then he will never be mentioned as a great PG. Which he is not right now. Gotta remember at UCLA he was playing SG. He's still learning. Which is more a good thing than a bad thing.

    So I guess I agree with you Karim, just adding to your point.
    Last edited by Joey; Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 at 05:48 PM.

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    have you seen jrue holiday play ?
    I have. A solid young PG - he is still only 20. Of what they have, he is the most promising by far. One PG does not make a team though - especially a team with the make up and financial handcuffs the 76'ers have moving forward.

  3. #43
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I have. A solid young PG - he is still only 20. Of what they have, he is the most promising by far. One PG does not make a team though - especially a team with the make up and financial handcuffs the 76'ers have moving forward.
    so in your review of the 76ers, you left him out completely... not sure why you would do that if we're talking about the future of teams in our division, and holiday is probably the biggest and best part of the 76ers future.

  4. #44
    Raptors Republic Icon mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    22,780
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote karim_nasir wrote: View Post
    so in your review of the 76ers, you left him out completely... not sure why you would do that if we're talking about the future of teams in our division, and holiday is probably the biggest and best part of the 76ers future.
    Because I was speaking of the flaws of the team and why their future success has, in my opinion, plateaued as the team is currently constructed.

    While Holiday is certainly an intriguing prospect with a bright future, I'm not ready to put him in the same class as Rose or Westbrook.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Because I was speaking of the flaws of the team and why their future success has, in my opinion, plateaued as the team is currently constructed.

    While Holiday is certainly an intriguing prospect with a bright future, I'm not ready to put him in the same class as Rose or Westbrook.
    oh ok, it was kind of confusing cuz for toronto, you mentioned the possible 20+ppg scorers, and the 2 pf who could get double doubles, and then went on to say some other positives..

    oh i get it... you were doing an atlantic division review, but listed all the bad things about the other teams and all the good things about the raptors...

    very informative and fair matt.

  6. #46
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    157
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    here is the post i was talking about... you kind of make it sound like the raps are in the BEST situation out of all these teams...

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    If we are discussing the here and now, valid points above.

    If we are discussing the future, as in 2 seasons time, I disagree with the above.

    BOS - on last legs if not dismantled.

    NYK - a lot of pieces to add to become more than a 1st/2nd round team. Same issue there as Toronto currently faces - adding defensive pieces as scoring is not a problem.

    NJ - Williams lustre certainly has faded of late. No doubt the talent is one of the best at PG in the league. Lopez is averaging under 6 rebs per game. They have 7M tied up in Outlaw - worse than Calderon, IMO, as Calderon does actually produce. Few draft picks remaining, little young talent, a star-PG who may very well leave after next season.

    PHI - Brand is below his career averages and 32 in less than a month with $35M owed over the next 2 seasons, Williams is a solid back up PG paid 5M per season, AI is not