Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Raptors are falling apart

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote your mom wrote: View Post
    Raptors win
    Republic: Oh my god they're damaging their draft pick!! This team needs to understand that losing is necessary in order to get better.

Raptors lose
    Republic: This team sucks and is falling apart! Trade Bargs and derozan for draft picks and cap space. Fire Colangelo! MLSE is a joke!

Yall are some fickle mother fuckers.
    Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.

Quote pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    +1 , i said the same thing on the write up of the johnson trade. there is no pleasing a raptor fan. its sickening to hear everyones bitching on this site. i can understand some of it but cmon . waaaaaaay to much negativitiy.
    My apologies for demanding a little more than mediocrity. How dare I expect to have a winning team!!
    Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 at 04:59 PM.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.
    I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.
    That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptors_ wrote: View Post
    well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).
    Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
    Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Feb 23rd, 2011 at 05:19 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.
    Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL
    lol very true...i hoped the ridiculousness of my post would've given it away though.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
    True but he can't create his own shot. Just catches and fires. And he's more of a SG so i still wouldn't start him. Wtf is he going to do if he's Guarding guys like fckin Kevin Durant? like i said before he's too small. We need a bigger stronger guy to play SF, James Johnson can hopefully be that guy if they give him some playing time.

Thread Information