No announcement yet.

Raptors are falling apart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I keep coming back to playing style...no defense. This results from a combination of lack of leadership, willingness/heart, coaching style/substance and of course talent...with talent in my view being the smallest component when it comes to playing D. Any team that does play half decent D would not lose this way especially to a team like the Bobcats. The coach & gm must now start demanding (late as it is) that this be done or the rot will just set in deeper as a culture.

Comment

Turn around, bright eyes
      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
        Something that hasn't been put back together again can't fall apart. This season is typical of a year one rebuild. Nothing unusual is really going on no matter how hard it is to watch at times.
        Aren't the Raps in year 5 of a rebuild? Or are they starting over this year? Is this now Year Zero? I thought that was 2006. Or
        2005? Anyway, there seems to be a completely new roster every year so it gets confusing. Plus, having sat through the expansion years, the post-Carter years, the Babcock era, and the epic fail of a rebuild from BC and Company (this was the last rebuild that was pre-empted by this new rebuild apparently) I am pretty much all rebuilded out.

Comment

slaw wrote: View Post
          Aren't the Raps in year 5 of a rebuild? Or are they starting over this year? Is this now Year Zero? I thought that was 2006. Or
          2005? Anyway, there seems to be a completely new roster every year so it gets confusing. Plus, having sat through the expansion years, the post-Carter years, the Babcock era, and the epic fail of a rebuild from BC and Company (this was the last rebuild that was pre-empted by this new rebuild apparently) I am pretty much all rebuilded out.
          When they lost their star player to Miami they officially began year one of a new rebuild. Better get used to more rebuilding. No matter who is in the drivers seat you have to put up with another three years of it now...

Comment

Put in perspective yall. We ain't that bad!
            http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eason_droughts
            Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

your mom wrote: View Post
              Raptors win
              Republic: Oh my god they're damaging their draft pick!! This team needs to understand that losing is necessary in order to get better.

Raptors lose
              Republic: This team sucks and is falling apart! Trade Bargs and derozan for draft picks and cap space. Fire Colangelo! MLSE is a joke!

Yall are some fickle mother fuckers.
              Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
              +1 , i said the same thing on the write up of the johnson trade. there is no pleasing a raptor fan. its sickening to hear everyones bitching on this site. i can understand some of it but cmon . waaaaaaay to much negativitiy.
              My apologies for demanding a little more than mediocrity. How dare I expect to have a winning team!!
              Last edited by nubreed000; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 05:59 PM.

Comment

well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                  Yes because the Republic is a hive-mind entity. We're all like the Borg. There are no individual opinions here.
                  I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.

Comment

I don't think that's very fair. I think if you page through most threads in here there are debates going back and forth. I have yet to see a thread in recent memory where everyone thought the same thing. Most times the board is split on everything.
                    That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.

Comment

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                      well anyways hopefully James Johnson plays some better defence. I really think we need an amazing PG or SF from the upcoming draft to help us improve, cuz those 2 positions r sorta weak. Sure Calderon is good, but he doesn't score much, and Weems has some nights where he scores 17 + but he's more of a SG and not to mention he's too small to guard taller SF's(hopefully James Johnson can get better and take on the starting role).
                      Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
                      Last edited by RaptorsFan4Life; Wed Feb 23, 2011, 06:19 PM.

Comment

nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                        That's what I was getting at. I was being sarcastic.
                        Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL

Comment

Sarcasm travels poorly across the WWW. LOL
                          lol very true...i hoped the ridiculousness of my post would've given it away though.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                            Some nights? Weems was consistently putting up great %s before he got hurt. You can't say he doesn't put up 17+ when he doesn't really get the shot attempts to put up those #s.

http://ca.sports.yahoo.com/nba/playe...yauib783yzRwU6

A lot of the game he's played he shoot better then 50% and out of the rest most were 40%+.
                            True but he can't create his own shot. Just catches and fires. And he's more of a SG so i still wouldn't start him. Wtf is he going to do if he's Guarding guys like fckin Kevin Durant? like i said before he's too small. We need a bigger stronger guy to play SF, James Johnson can hopefully be that guy if they give him some playing time.

Comment

Working...
                            X