Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 25.00%
  • No

2 50.00%
  • I would but BOS/CLIP might not

1 25.00%

Thread: Should Raptors go after Jared Sullinger?

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Should Raptors go after Jared Sullinger?

Sullinger is looking more like the odd-man out in that Boston's rotation. His minutes are going down and so are his numbers. He's only 22 and i think we can get him for cheap.

TOR gets- J. Sullinger, Jeff Green, BOS 2015 second rounder
    BOS gets- S. Hawes, Matt Barners, G. Stiemsma, (TOR 2015 1st), (CLIP 2015 1st)
    CLIP gets- C.Hayes, Tross
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=pa35dug]

Why we do it - We get a very good PF in Jared Sullinger who is only 22 and a bigger SF iin Green.

Boston- They do it to tank down for a better pick and in addition they get 2 more first rounders

Clippers- They get a upgrade SF who replaces Barnes. Tross can also space the floor out for Blake and Paul to do there stuff.

So what do you guys think, should we do this or not. Will the other teams do it?
    do you have a better trade for Sullinger ?
    Last edited by Abbas; Yesterday at 02:45 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

oh shit can a MOD move this to trade thread, sorry

Raptors Republic Veteran white men can't jump's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Well, I don't know about this in general...but this specific idea has no chance. I can't imagine why LAC would give up Hawes, Barnes, and a 1st rounder for Terrence Ross.

But anyway, how is Sullinger the odd man out? He's getting decent minutes, and putting up solid numbers. Boston should feel no need to do anything hasty. If anything, they'll trade Bass before Sullinger, or even to move the newly acquired Wright. And I feel like of the young guys, they'd move Zeller first.

Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote white men can't jump wrote: View Post
    Well, I don't know about this in general...but this specific idea has no chance. I can't imagine why LAC would give up Hawes, Barnes, and a 1st rounder for Terrence Ross.

But anyway, how is Sullinger the odd man out? He's getting decent minutes, and putting up solid numbers. Boston should feel no need to do anything hasty. If anything, they'll trade Bass before Sullinger, or even to move the newly acquired Wright. And I feel like of the young guys, they'd move Zeller first.
    They would take that trade 10/10 times
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

he didnt play 30 minutes in 8 straight games and only played 9 minute in his last game, he also went scoreless in that game

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    They would take that trade 10/10 times
    What? They'd be excited to give up their best backup big, their only true SF and a 1st round pick to get a guy in Ross who plays arguably their most secure position (with Crawford and Redick there)....I'm not so sure they would. I'm sure they'd love to have Ross, but not in that kind of tradeoff.

Post Thanks / Like

Sullinger was struggling before the trade.

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/inde...eally_str.html

INteresting read above.
    "You donít know the Bruno Caboclo......"
    Bruno Caboclo

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    he didnt play 30 minutes in 8 straight games and only played 9 minute in his last game, he also went scoreless in that game
    They have too many bigs. And that's just making a crazy assumption (that a stretch of less minutes mean they would trade him)...It could easily be spun as "they have too many bigs and are playing some of them at the expense of Sullinger so they can showcase them for trades"...A team in the middle of a rebuilding process is not likely to trade their young pieces and keep older guys who have no future on the team (ie Bass and Wright).

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

They have too many bigs. And that's just making a crazy assumption (that a stretch of less minutes mean they would trade him)...It could easily be spun as "they have too many bigs and are playing some of them at the expense of Sullinger so they can showcase them for trades"...A team in the middle of a rebuilding process is not likely to trade their young pieces and keep older guys who have no future on the team (ie Bass and Wright).
    you have to remember if they trade him along side Green that will result in them getting a better pick
    and not only that they get two extra picks

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Abbas wrote: View Post
    you have to remember if they trade him along side Green that will result in them getting a better pick
    and not only that they get two extra picks
    How do they get a better pick? As in their own? They're pretty well set in the mediocrity zone. They'll probably have a top 10 pick, and even if they make trades, will have trouble being as bad as most of the true bottomfeeders.

And Boston has like 20 picks in the next 4-5 drafts....at this point, I can't imagine they really care to get more such assets. They have more than enough stockpiled.

I can only see Boston making trades for young, potentially core pieces, and I'd have a hard time seeing them giving up any of their own such pieces unless they have a chance to add a star (or star in the making).

11. Like Bendit liked this post
    Raptors Republic All-Star OldSkoolCool's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

What? They'd be excited to give up their best backup big, their only true SF and a 1st round pick to get a guy in Ross who plays arguably their most secure position (with Crawford and Redick there)....I'm not so sure they would. I'm sure they'd love to have Ross, but not in that kind of tradeoff.
    They are so weak on the wings beside Redick and Crawford, hence why they make that trade. They have been needing a wing improvement at the 2/3 for a couple of years now
    Quote iblastoff wrote: View Post
    What do you know, we tried to tank and it worked!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote OldSkoolCool wrote: View Post
    They are so weak on the wings beside Redick and Crawford, hence why they make that trade. They have been needing a wing improvement at the 2/3 for a couple of years now
    I agree in general, but in a way, Barnes is their most indispensable wing because he's the only one that even remotely resembles a 2-way player, and the only who plays D. And while Ross is a 2-way player, they'd then have the same weakness we have had to deal with, in that they won't have anybody who can guard a decent sized SF. I think they're much more likely to try and trade Crawford, because he's just a volume scorer off the bench...but I don't think Crawford will fetch them a guy like Ross (or some equivalent that they'd want).

If I were them, I'd be calling Charlotte, and tryiing to either nab Stephenson or go after Henderson.

Thread Information