Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread: James Johnson Discussion

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

JJ and Kleiza are pretty close offensively with a bit of an edge to Kleiza's range and FT shooting. Kleiza has also played over twice as many games and this year we never saw an upswing in his game like we did with JJ. Defensively it's a mismatch in JJ's favor.
    I'd start JJ and be happy with it unless they need more than 10-12 pts from the three.

Raptors Republic Veteran Nilanka's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote SuperRaptor wrote: View Post
    The improvement on his shooting is so impressive that [JJ] is probably our 2nd best mid range shooter after Demar.
    Yikes. I would much rather have Bargnani, Calderon, Bayless, DeRozan, Kleiza, and Forbes (maybe even Amir) shooting mid-range jumpers instead of JJ.

Yes, JJ's jumper has improved. But he's still a putrid shooter.
    "I don't lie. I willfully participate in a campaign of misinformation." - Fox Mulder

Raptors Republic Starter Papa Burgundy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I can see JJ being our starting SF ... but in that scenario, our starting SG is not named Demar Derozan.
    That wing pairing needs an upgrade - in 1, if not both, spots.

Pairing JJ with Bradley Beal would be a good balance - adding Beal's outside shooting.
    The only way to bag a classy lady is to give her two tickets to the gun show... and see if she likes the goods.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

He's improved but he's still a meathead who mixes in some solid stat lines with some insanely erratic play. His late season benching does not bode well for his maturity and he looks like he could gain 15 lbs of fat at any moment. He is what he is I suppose: A stat stuffer on a bad team. I'd not shed a tear to see him leave because he is just a placeholder until we get a legit 3 man. I'd love him off the bench but I could say that about 4 other starters from the 11-12 lineup.

Post Thanks / Like

For what they paid to get him it was well worth the price. Consistency is something that might come with time.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Calderon's numbers are very good whether it is FG%, 3P% or FT%. way better than our current options. The trouble is he doesn't take enough shots.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default The truth!

JOHNSON OVER BENCHING

A verbal altercation with Casey on the bench during a game led to a de facto two-game suspension for James Johnson but the mercurial forward is over it.

We talked and that was that, Johnson said. I learned my lesson and I took my consequences like a man and you can only respect that.

The incident a mild disagreement during a win over Charlotte on April 3 led to Johnson sitting out two games but the team did not suspend him, which would have taken money out of his pocket.

It was quickly brushed aside by both Casey and Johnson, one of those incidents that pop up during a season.

Johnson knows he has a tendency to press the issue every now and then but isnt going to change too much.

I think what I can do might seem a little too much now and again to everybody else, he said. But I know I can do it and I work on my game. Its just putting those pieces together. Sometimes, yes, you do too much, might over-dribble a little bit, but its basketball and if you feel you can take your man and it might take a few more dribbles, then do that.

http://www.thestar.com/sports/basket...sey-nets-98-67
    All things come out in time.

Post Thanks / Like

Not important anymore, really.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    Not important anymore, really.
    No, but it certainly gives closure to anyone who was wondering.

Post Thanks / Like

I guess.

I find it pecuilar that it was torn between Derozan and Johnson on who we were going to draft and now we have both and they've both been nothing to glote over. Not even together.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Page 36 of 36 FirstFirst ... 26 34 35 36

Thread Information