James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Johnson Discussion

We have discussed the trade in stickied thread, but lets use this to welcome James as he is now a Raptor.

Good luck James, leave it all on the floor when you get the chance to play!
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

I hope he can come in here, get some PT and get a chance to shine. At worst, he could be a solid rotational player who can play the 3 or 4.

Comment

Welcome to the Toronto Raptors James Johnson. Ill be rooting for you! Play hard and T.O will love you.

Comment

I wish the guy all the best. I hope he comes in, hustles and feeds all the jaded, doubting Raptors fans crow.

Comment

Does this mark the end of Reggie Evans? I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Bring on the youth movement!
          Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

lets go now we got some1 to compete PT with Wright, cuz my prediction is that Weems is like Jack would say "OUTTA HEAA" in a 2 days.
            NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
              Does this mark the end of Reggie Evans? I guess it was fun while it lasted.

Bring on the youth movement!
              I hope not. I wouldn't write him off. Johnson is more of a SF. Evans can play center or power forward. They both bring different things to the table. There's room for Reggie. He leads by example. The Raptors need that more than another young guy warming the bench on a ten day contract.

Comment

Let's welcome other teams junk that Brian Colangelo has accumulated. Will fit in perfectly with Weems, Ajinca, Wright and Kleiza. It's fair to say BC doesn't have much value in draft picks the way he throws them around. I wouldn't be surprised if he threw this year's lottery on Raymond Felton.

Comment

What the heck were you expecting from what might be the #30 pick in a weak draft due to uncertainty in the CBA? Gilbert Arenas? Monta Ellis? Tony Parker?

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    What the heck were you expecting from what might be the #30 pick in a weak draft due to uncertainty in the CBA? Gilbert Arenas? Monta Ellis? Tony Parker?
                    He's upset we didn't go after Deron Williams with our Miami Pick.. which makes sense.

It was pretty silly of Bryan to NOT trade it for Deron Williams.

Comment

Hope dude gets some solid PT. I bet he'd love to burn his old club for not giving him a chance.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                        He's upset we didn't go after Deron Williams with our Miami Pick.. which makes sense.

It was pretty silly of Bryan to NOT trade it for Deron Williams.

They gave up to top 10 picks, a player they were VERY high on in the draft and a servicable PG. I dont think they would have gone for our Miami pick. Call me crazy.
                        @sweatpantsjer

Comment

i hope james the best

Comment

ceez wrote: View Post
                            They gave up to top 10 picks, a player they were VERY high on in the draft and a servicable PG. I dont think they would have gone for our Miami pick. Call me crazy.
                            ... sarcasm ... of course they wouldn't ...

Comment

I'd rather draft a guy hoping he becomes a solid player and take that risk than wasting it on a scub like Johnson. Who was Landry Fields last year before the Knicks selected him. Look back on draft history and you can make some solid selections late in the first round. Johnson is a known commodity, he's a backup who couldn't get PT last year when Deng was injured meanwhile you are hoping and crossing your fingers by trading for him that he becomes Julian Wright. It's a horrible trade from any way you look at it. I'd rather draft a bust at 27 than trade for one honestly

Comment

Working...
                              X