James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• saints91 wrote: View Post
    I don't think Granger's time is up. 28? Really are we getting to the point where 28 is to old? We need some veterans on this team. Granger has at least 6 good years left. If Ed and DeMar improve this summer and we can land someone like Irving, and acquire a couple other pieces we are a playoff team. Give it three years and we could be a contender.

I think the key is getting a 20 pt. guy on the wing with DeMar and improve our interior defence. Ed is one step closer to having great interior D. Just need a lock down Centre, that doesn't necessarily have to have offensive skills. An intimidator, shot blocker, rebounder that can get some put backs.

I really don't think we are far off. We have a great bench with J.J., Amir, Barbosa, Bayless
    Assuming he has 6 good years left in him, 28 isn't old for a team that will be contending for the next 6 years. It should be simple to see that we aren't in that boat. So let's say we start contending in 3 years, and he has 3 good years left from that point on. Best case scenario, we have him for 3 years of "contending", and then we're stuck with a bad contract during the rest of our contending. Worst case scenario, he leaves after his contract expires and before we start contending, and all we did was rent him for 3 years of keeping us in the late lottery.

Really, stop thinking in terms of quick fixes.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      shut the hell up we're just comparing them no one said he's the next artest. Get your facts straight and stop trolling. Who do you think chicago will get with a really late 1st round pick in a shitty draft class?
      Whoa, James, I didn't know you posted on here. Can I have your autograph?

Comment

• Quixotic wrote: View Post
        Assuming he has 6 good years left in him, 28 isn't old for a team that will be contending for the next 6 years. It should be simple to see that we aren't in that boat. So let's say we start contending in 3 years, and he has 3 good years left from that point on. Best case scenario, we have him for 3 years of "contending", and then we're stuck with a bad contract during the rest of our contending. Worst case scenario, he leaves after his contract expires and before we start contending, and all we did was rent him for 3 years of keeping us in the late lottery.

Really, stop thinking in terms of quick fixes.
        Couldn't have said it better myself.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Whoa, James, I didn't know you posted on here. Can I have your autograph?
          your soo funny...

Comment

• Tim W. wrote: View Post
            You, for one, said that James Johnson has the potential to be better than Artest. ebrian's comment is a valid one. If Johnson really had the potential to be better than Artest do you think Chicago would have traded him away?
            When did i say that? and how is his trolling valid? and how is chicago suppose to know if he had the potential to be like artest if they sat his ass on the bench and never gave him a chance.

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Johnson isn't anywhere NEAR Artest at this point. You're talking about one of the best defenders in NBA history.
              Thats over exaggerating. He's not one of the best defenders in NBA history he's good but not that good. This was like James johnsons rookie season cause he barley played with chicago. You watched him play around 20 games this season with the raptors that doesn't prove anything, a lot can happen over the summer. johnson has the height and athletisism to be a better defender he just needs to work on some things offensively and he's all set.

Comment

When did i say that?
                Here....

Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                he has potential to be better. His defensive presence makes him like the thabo sefalosha of the raptors.
                Raptors_ wrote: View Post
                and how is his trolling valid? and how is chicago suppose to know if he had the potential to be like artest if they sat his ass on the bench and never gave him a chance.
                How was he trolling? People started getting carried away and he said so. Telling him to shut the hell up way really out of no where.

As for him in Chicago, they had a chance to watch him in practice for a year and a half, as well as the games in the D-League. I'm not saying the didn't make a mistake, but it's not like they didn't get a chance to make a judgement on him.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Thats over exaggerating. He's not one of the best defenders in NBA history he's good but not that good. This was like James johnsons rookie season cause he barley played with chicago. You watched him play around 20 games this season with the raptors that doesn't prove anything, a lot can happen over the summer. johnson has the height and athletisism to be a better defender he just needs to work on some things offensively and he's all set.
                  Artest Defensive Player of the Year in 2004, and during his prime was an All Defensive stalwart and one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I'd say you can say he was one of the best in the history of the game. Did you watch him in his prime?
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Artest Defensive Player of the Year in 2004, and during his prime was an All Defensive stalwart and one of the best perimeter defenders in the league. I'd say you can say he was one of the best in the history of the game. Did you watch him in his prime?
                    i did a bit but he isn't that great. He won defensive player of the year once why didn't he win anymore?

Comment

they could have sat artest on the bench the first 2 years of his career and you guys would have been saying the same thing.

Comment

If Johnson really had the potential to be better than Artest do you think Chicago would have traded him away?
                        I'm not taking sides in this debate, as I don't think they are anything alike, really.

BUT Alot of teams have made trades that they would later regret. Hindsight is a b*tch.

That said, Artest was a consistent 30mpg guy as soon as he came into the league. (Drinking Hennesey at Half-Time? Damn Ron Ron.) Who knows what JJ would be like today had he been getting those kind of minutes.

OR he didn't get those minutes because he just wasn't as good.

Its a round about debate that ultimately isn't even JJs best comparison.

He is a VERY unique player, who will one day have players compared to him, I'm sure.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          I'm not taking sides in this debate, as I don't think they are anything alike, really.

BUT Alot of teams have made trades that they would later regret. Hindsight is a b*tch.

That said, Artest was a consistent 30mpg guy as soon as he came into the league. (Drinking Hennesey at Half-Time? Damn Ron Ron.) Who knows what JJ would be like today had he been getting those kind of minutes.

OR he didn't get those minutes because he just wasn't as good.

Its a round about debate that ultimately isn't even JJs best comparison.

He is a VERY unique player, who will one day have players compared to him, I'm sure.
                          You shut your mouth when you're talking to me!

Oops sorry, I was channeling part Wedding Crashers, part Raptors_. =)

Comment

your lucky i don't know where you live

Comment

your lucky i don't know where you live
                              Yes you do. New York. Says it right in my location. Have fun threatening every person who doesn't agree with you with physical violence. BTW, just so you know, the U.S. allows the right to carry under the 2nd Amendment, so you should probably not try that tactic over here.

Someone must have peed in your Wheaties this morning.

Comment

Haha, Go Comatose for me baby.
                                Raptors_ is just passionate. Don't you remember being young and angry?

And as for Wedding Crashers .. well ... Lock it up. She was my first Asian.

Comment

Working...
                                X