No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would much rather have a guy take it to the hole and throw it down. If we did that on every possession I would be even happier. It's a high percentage shot and it's smart basketball. Thanks JJ for showing the team how its done.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      Why do guys like you and raptorsfan4life always hate on the hardworking players on this team? and worship players like bargnani who put no effort into anything but scoring.
      We don't hate on hardworking players but I , personally am against making a Michael Jordan from a player with low Basketball IQ and skill set.

when Dealing with Players whose game is all about " Hustle", then you have to know what their limitation is and what you really can get from them so you don't over pay and also don't over estimate them in your future Plans.

Unfortunaitly, we did both with Amir Johnson and was almost making the same mistake with Weems ( you may have forgot what the buzz around Weems was last year and how it was considered an unforgivable act if BC does not sign him up and Break the Young Gunz, because, lets face it, future belong to Young Gunz).

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
        He is our best defender, and if we get a guy like Barnes we'll have the 3 spot set for the future.
        Is he our best defender or is Amir our Best defender ?? Name five other teams in the NBA that Johnson this year could be their starting 3 ??

Comment

• Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
          Is he our best defender or is Amir our Best defender ?? Name five other teams in the NBA that Johnson this year could be their starting 3 ??

5 teams: NJ, CLE, CHA (post Wallace trade and Jackson plays SG), WSH (post Lewis injury), HOU (post Battier trade, debatable with Budinger), SAC (Greene and Casspi have blown opportunities).

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post

5 teams: NJ, CLE,
            Both teams are lottery bound so it is not like starting in them means anything . For example, Anthony parker is starting for Cavs. So the fact that you have to go to them, means there is not many choices.

Matt52 wrote: View Post
            CHA (post Wallace trade and Jackson plays SG),
            Look at the numbers for Cunningham and tell me do you think JJ can take his starting role away from him ?? Keep that in mind that Cunningham is putting up this number in a much better team.

WSH (post Lewis injury),
            Another really bad team with their star injured. There is no way WAS will start next season with guy like JJ as their starter !! They will only start him if their main option is in injured.

HOU (post Battier trade, debatable with Budinger),
            Maybe to you but not to HOU fans. Check out their sites and you can see if for yourself.

I will give you the Sac which again does not say much about how good JJ .

Again, Just looking at guys like Matt that can come out and so confidentially claim that our future SF position and starter should be JJ , a guy who could not get minute in Bulls, was sent to D-League and ... tells me I am correct about what I am saying.

If Raptors wants to compete with the best of them, they need to upgrade and stop paying scrubs and bench players the starters money and attention.

JJ can be solid bench player in a year or two if he keeps his motivation ( highly doubt it) and his weight ( highly doubt it) in check.

The Qustion that people should ask themselves when looking at guys like Amir and JJ is this:

Will Toronto Raptors make it deep in play offs in 2-3 years if JJ is starting SF and Amir is our starting PF or Center ? Can we make it with BOTH of these guys as our starter in 2 years ?
            Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 06:43 PM.

Comment

• So now JJ is the next Michael Jordan?

Comment

• Continuing to SAY that AMir is overpaid, doesn't actually MAKE him overpaid. Especially when pretty much all the evidence says the opposite.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

• I for one was never a fan of Weems and felt his future in the league would be as a 2 guard....if he even has a future. James Johnson on the other hand brings some nice things to the table at the small forward position, will the guy be a perennial starter, I don't know, could he be a good player of the bench for a winning team, sure. I would also feel more comfortable with him on the roster if we do draft a small forward...no need to throw a rookie to the wolves unnecessarily.
                  Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• Kind of wish Triano had a longer leash with JJ. It's gotten kind of ridiculous how quick he gets yanked yet weems can take as many shady contested jumpers he wants. God I can't stand Triano.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• nubreed000 wrote: View Post
                      So now JJ is the next Michael Jordan?
                      Not sure if anyone actually said that.

Comment

• JJ gets yanked mostly, due to foul trouble or wanting to put a better jump shooter in the game, not a big deal.
                        -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                        -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Both teams are lottery bound so it is not like starting in them means anything . For example, Anthony parker is starting for Cavs. So the fact that you have to go to them, means there is not many choices.

Look at the numbers for Cunningham and tell me do you think JJ can take his starting role away from him ?? Keep that in mind that Cunningham is putting up this number in a much better team.

Another really bad team with their star injured. There is no way WAS will start next season with guy like JJ as their starter !! They will only start him if their main option is in injured.

Maybe to you but not to HOU fans. Check out their sites and you can see if for yourself.

I will give you the Sac which again does not say much about how good JJ .

Again, Just looking at guys like Matt that can come out and so confidentially claim that our future SF position and starter should be JJ , a guy who could not get minute in Bulls, was sent to D-League and ... tells me I am correct about what I am saying.

If Raptors wants to compete with the best of them, they need to upgrade and stop paying scrubs and bench players the starters money and attention.

JJ can be solid bench player in a year or two if he keeps his motivation ( highly doubt it) and his weight ( highly doubt it) in check.

The Qustion that people should ask themselves when looking at guys like Amir and JJ is this:

Will Toronto Raptors make it deep in play offs in 2-3 years if JJ is starting SF and Amir is our starting PF or Center ? Can we make it with BOTH of these guys as our starter in 2 years ?
                          You asked for five and were given five. Considering your response I think the question that should have been asked was name one all-star team, east or west, in the last 35 years JJ could have started on - lol.

I am starting to question your reading comprehension skills and the ability to retain information after the bolded section.
                          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Sun Apr 3, 2011, 06:52 AM.

Comment

• JoePanini wrote: View Post
                            Not sure if anyone actually said that.
                            Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
                            We don't hate on hardworking players but I , personally am against making a Michael Jordan from a player with low Basketball IQ and skill set.
                            I love it when people make up points to argue against, to prove their weakass points.

Comment

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
                              You asked for five and were given five. Considering your response I think the question that should have been asked was name one all-star team, east or west, in the last 35 years JJ could have started on - lol.

I am starting to question your reading comprehension skills and the ability to retain information after the bolded section.
                              I feel the same way about you. I have a hard time to believe that you actually think the stuff you write makes sense. Think about it pal, being a starter at Cavs who have 14 wins, or Sac which has 17 wins does not mean you are legitimate STARTER in this league I am sure you get the point but are too stubborn to admit it

Comment

I feel the same way about you. I have a hard time to believe that you actually think the stuff you write makes sense. Think about it pal, being a starter at Cavs who have 14 wins, or Sac which has 17 wins does not mean you are legitimate STARTER in this league I am sure you get the point but are too stubborn to admit it
                                hmmmmmmm... name five teams, did it. What more do you want.

If you wanted playoff teams you should have asked for it. None would have been the answer.

I would like to see a quote taken from anything I typed stating JJ is a legit starter in the league. Could he develop? Maybe, a big one at that, but given just turning 24 and 2nd year in league with little to no PT in first two years, it is not outside the realm of possibility with the right coach in the right system.

If you look back at my comments on the forum you'll see I have said numerous times the Raps have starters who should be backups, back ups who should be third string, and third strings who would struggle to stay in the league elsewhere.

Opinions are cool but when one presents opinions as fact, lack information to back up opinions, or make up statements to prove positions, credibility is lost and one gets relegated to the troll bin. You have a different perspective that is valued while maybe not agreed with - but that is why we are here. I hope you can stay rational enough to stay relevant in discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X