James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    He averages 19.5/5.6. We already have a guy doing that. He does not rebound and he does not play defense. He is a volume scorer.
    Bargs isn't a volume shooter. He was shooting near 50% before the slum when got hurt (knee prob) and his average went down but he's back again shooting 52% (the last 5 games, getting to the line 7 times a game too).

Comment

• JJ killed it tonight. The odds of getting someone of his talent late first round is slim.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
        JJ killed it tonight. The odds of getting someone of his talent late first round is slim.
        Too early to tell. He only played 3 games.

Comment

• No it's not. It's too early to tell how good he can be but it's not too early to tell if he has talent. I've seen it with my own two eyes.

Comment

• Ok, maybe you could tell he has talent but you can't really say he can consistently bring that talent to the game. The sample size is wayyyyyyy too small.

Comment

• apollo wrote: View Post
              jj killed it tonight. The odds of getting someone of his talent late first round is slim.
              lool, Did BC hack your account ? You are starting to sound like Doug Smith with all the support you are giving BC
              Last edited by Raptor4Ever; Mon Feb 28, 2011, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• I'm giving James Johnson support. I am supporting this trade. There have been many transactions which I have not supported. I like good deals and I don't like bad deals. In Raptorsland that makes me a "Colangelo supporter" and a "Colangelo hater" 100 times over I guess.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                Ok, maybe you could tell he has talent but you can't really say he can consistently bring that talent to the game. The sample size is wayyyyyyy too small.
                Talent doesn't come and go game to game. You have it or you don't. I don't know how consistent his performances will be this year. He wasn't given a legit shot in Chicago because of their depth and so only now a season in a half in is he getting a good chance. I would imagine he's going to have his ups and downs. The talent is there though and it's more than you typically see from somebody drafted 28-30.

Comment

No it's not. It's too early to tell how good he can be but it's not too early to tell if he has talent. I've seen it with my own two eyes.
                  Talent is a bit vauge concept, I mean Sonny Weems got talent, Kleiza got talent.

I mean do you see JJ becoming a solid starter on this team?!

Comment

• I think it was a good trade for Toronto, but there is always the chance a good player can be picked up later. For example, Jimmer Fredette is predicted to fall to low first round or even second round level. But I doubt this. I think some team will grab him. Basically, the first team already known for its stars, perhaps Utah, which would be fitting.

JJ's stat line against Dallas was nice. I think he looks like tons of potential. Like LeBron, he looks like he has a football player's body. He immediately looks better on the floor than Weems - more dynamic. Weems had better learn to accept his talent level or he's not gonna be wanted anywhere. They say he works hard at the gym, but he's just not gonna rise much further. If he can stay cool, he can provide solid back-up.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                      Talent is a bit vauge concept, I mean Sonny Weems got talent, Kleiza got talent.

I mean do you see JJ becoming a solid starter on this team?!
                      He has more potential to be one than a player you would typically find at 28-30.

Comment

He has more potential to be one than a player you would typically find at 28-30.
                        But if that's the case, then why the Bulls were so willing to give him away for that pick?!

My belief was to hold onto that pick and maybe use it as a trade bait for something bigger that could be packaged together with another player.

Comment

• I think JJ is gonna be one of those guys who goes from rotting on the bench on one team to a bonafide starter and star on another team. I know the sample size is small, but the way he plays all around is awesome. I really hope he keeps riding the initial "look ma i'm a starter now" energy and doesnt get mired in the "my team sucks" void that it appears bayless is in, and Jarett fell into.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                            But if that's the case, then why the Bulls were so willing to give him away for that pick?!

My belief was to hold onto that pick and maybe use it as a trade bait for something bigger that could be packaged together with another player.
                            They did it to create cap space while retaining an asset. This was well advertised. Coach T and Noah immediately came out after the trade to support JJ. Coach T explained that depth led to him not getting a chance and Noah essentially suggested if he gets the chance he deserves he'll prove himself.

My question to you is what if they held the pick and couldn't get anything remotely as valuable? What if they drafted a dud? I think Colangelo made a play that made sense. You can criticize it all you want but we're talking about a draft position that has a high probability of leading to a dud. Most teams aren't parting with good talent to obtain such a pick either. Most teams look to purchase picks in that range, not give up young prospects just selected just outside the lotto. Colangelo was in the right place, at the right time and cashed in on another team shuffling it's assets to facilitate another move.

Comment

• Here's a nice list of 2nd rounders who are better than James Johnson will ever be...

http://www.broadstreetbelievers.com/?p=1454

There IS value to be had in the late 1st and 2nd round. I guess BC doesn't have confidence in his ability to identify those non-lottery gems.

Comment

• I don't mean to be saucy but you don't say? Everybody knows about these guys. If you want to impress somebody why don't you tell us the ratio of these guys to failed prospects? My prediction is your results will cripple your stance.

Comment

Working...
                                X