James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Jimmy John is certainly a jack of all trades sort of player. I like what he brings. A great pick up by BC thus far. I'm getting over losing the MIA pick, too.
    Me too. He has impressed so far.
    “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• Raptors_ wrote: View Post
      atleast he can defend and make plays unlike your boyfriend sonny weems. And he made a 3 this game and scored more than weems.
      dude is seems like ur the one who crushing on James Johnson, stfu and quit trolling
      NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• Double J > #28-30

Double J keeps getting it done with his opportunities. All those people claiming they would have found better value than this at number #28-30 will have a pretty darn big plate of crow on their plate before the season is out if this continues.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
          Double J keeps getting it done with his opportunities. All those people claiming they would have found better value than this at number #28-30 will have a pretty darn big plate of crow on their plate before the season is out if this continues.
          This. He seems like the real deal. And Colangelo might be right. Miami's pick would not have topped this guy.
          “I have no idea who Chukwudiebere Maduabum is, but on his Draft Express profile, he’s listed as Chu Chu. I think he’s worthy of picking just for that. He immediately is in the running for best All-Time NBA name.” -Tim W.

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
            dude is seems like ur the one who crushing on James Johnson, stfu and quit trolling
            u obviosuly have not seen that guy on the forms. Why don't u stfu and go listen to some nikki manaj

Comment

Crow lover here. I'll gladly scarf mine down, BBQ style with cajun seasoning, because that would mean that JJ is indeed a consistent stud.

But don't you think we need to wait until next year before claiming victory? I mean, we went through this already with Weems last year, and this year he's shown his true colors. Same, to a lesser extent with Juju and Bayless. Even way back with J. Moon. One good game, and the guy's a champ. One bad game, and he's a bum. Told ya so.

Comment

• An inconsistent stud would still be of much more value in my opinion than a late pick in a weak draft.

Weems is still in the same boat as last year in terms of still better that the majority of players picked late draft.

I don't feel the need to wait to support a hard working, talented young player who looks like he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

JaMario Moon is better than most players taken later in the draft. This here is the stumbling point for the people jumping all over Colangelo about trading the pick. Most players taken that late turn out to be nothing. Most of them don't even get to play more than a handful of games in the NBA. The odds of hitting a homer are very low.

Comment

• Cool James Johnson Article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...son/index.html

Comment

• Nice read. Thanks.

Imagine a 6'9" er taking a swipe at you with his foot. Yikes. Just hope he spends more time this off season on improving his shot than cracking bricks.

Comment

• Bendit wrote: View Post
                      Nice read. Thanks.

Imagine a 6'9" er taking a swipe at you with his foot. Yikes. Just hope he spends more time this off season on improving his shot than cracking bricks.
                      That has to be every GM/owners nightmare, this guy getting into the ring and sparring during the offseason. Not good for insurance premiums!

Comment

An inconsistent stud would still be of much more value in my opinion than a late pick in a weak draft.
                        most players make the NBA on one skill if what we see is all he brings to the table I am good with that its up to coaching to put the right players in at the right time. Just like bargnani is a scorer and that's all he will ever be.

Comment

• James Johnson is not 6'9"

This is not a hate on James Johnson thread, I really like what he has brought to the table so far and am looking forward to continued growth with the team. It is just to ask where everyone is getting this 6'9" stuff from? At the 2009 NBA draft camps, James measured out at 6'7" without shoes, now unless he grew since then, no way he gets boosted 2 inches for shoes, that is crazy. Now a legit 6'7" listed as 6'8" in the NBA is a very solid size for a 3, but I just think it a little crazy with everyone calling him 6'9"

http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/James-Johnson-5053/
                          Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• That is sort of the nature of the NBA though. Most guys get an inch or two added. The worst offender for this was Charles Barkely. At least it is not to the degree of ridiculousness as professional wrestling.

Comment

• He's the same height as Luol Deng, is heavier than many PFs and runs like a gazelle in the open court. He's a physical specimen.

Comment

• At the draft combine, they measure all of the players in their socks and add 1 3/4" for their measurement in shoes. Don't ask me why they do it or who thought this made sense but that's how they do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X