James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• golden wrote: View Post
    LOL. You crack a lot of jokes. You now lecturing on classy posting? That’s a real knee slapper alright. Guys shouldn’t start a game of ‘the dozens’ if they don’t want to hear their mama get dissed. Or tell other’s how to post with stats and get all whiny when it’s thrown back in their face. JJ’s just collateral damage, unfortunately. Peace.
    good for you

Comment

• golden wrote: View Post
      LOL. You crack a lot of jokes. You now lecturing on classy posting? That’s a real knee slapper alright. Guys shouldn’t start a game of ‘the dozens’ if they don’t want to hear their mama get dissed. Or tell other’s how to post with stats and get all whiny when it’s thrown back in their face. JJ’s just collateral damage, unfortunately. Peace.
      that was hardly a lecture. just stating the truth. no jokes.

if you feel the need to have your point validated by gloating about being right for one game.. that's cool.. but understand it isn't very tactful or classy

i like talking about my dumps and somehow got by for MONTHS with an avatar of chris bosh with man junk all over his face... im not classy either... but ive never denied it... and never got defensive about somebody else pointing it out

Comment

• James Johnson or Anthony Randolph

If you could make the trade all over again, would you have traded the pick for Anthony Randolph instead?

I think sota wouldve been all over that 1st round pick from Miami.

I think right now JJ is more of a fit since Weems is not really playing that well and Kleiza is injured, but i think in the long term Randolph wouldve been a better addition. 2 years younger than JJ with 4 yrs experience in the league. Specially on a wing-loaded draft, we couldve easily gotten a good wing player.

What do you guys think?

Comment

• Anthony Randolph. His ceiling is a LOT higher. He *could* turn into something special with time.

Comment

• He is a 4, I think we are pretty set there with Amir and Davis, better to roll the dice on James.
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

• MangoKid wrote: View Post
              Anthony Randolph. His ceiling is a LOT higher. He *could* turn into something special with time.
              Agree. i think he already showed a bit of what he can do during his 1st 2 years, not really sure why d'antoni benched him.....

Comment

• WJF wrote: View Post
                He is a 4, I think we are pretty set there with Amir and Davis, better to roll the dice on James.
                He can play the 4 and 5

Comment

• ..and the 3.

Comment

• I've always liked him but he's a bit of a headcase. If we had a more respected/"winning culture" type coach and team Id be all over getting him but I don't think it'd be good for the team as is.
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• LOL say word, Anthony Randolph is ONLY 21? haha, damn, I swear, he looked really old to me. He would've been a good pick up, but, at nearly 7 ft he's kind of big to play a small forward. I think with proper training JJ can evolve into exactly what we need him to be, which is a glue guy. I just hope we can teach him to make the corner three like Bruce Bowen.

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
                        Agree. i think he already showed a bit of what he can do during his 1st 2 years, not really sure why d'antoni benched him.....

This maybe?..........

http://www.fromthebaseline.com/home-...bout-attitude-

Comment

• Nice find. This has always been my beef with him. The talent is there, but for two teams to essentially say 'F*ck it, he's not worth it' is pretty eye opening.

The Knicks would rather play Jerred Jeffries than Randolph.
                          Thats saying something, as they both have similar body/frame and skillset.

Comment

• webcrawler89 wrote: View Post
                            I think with proper training JJ can evolve into exactly what we need him to be, which is a glue guy. I just hope we can teach him to make the corner three like Bruce Bowen.
                            I would prefer him as the glue guy to the second unit. I like what he has brought thus far but for the Raptors to truly compete in future years, the starting line up needs to get much better. Personally I think ED and DD are starters moving forward as they are only going to get better, I do like Bargnani for now, but upgrades are needed at SF and PG. Calderon and Bargnani can't be starting together for obviousl reasons. Weems/Johnson are not going to cut it at SF, they are second unit players (I am intentionally omitting Kleiza right now due to injury but he is a borderline starter at best from what he has shown).

Basically I hope this is our starting lineup next year:

PG: ********
                            SG: DD
                            SF: ******
                            PF: Davis
                            C: Bargnani

Comment

• this is a tough issue. if it was jerry sloan or phil jackson then id definitely side with them but Mike D'Antoni, i really dont have much respect for him, but thats just me.

I dont have the articles to back this up, but i know D'Antoni has had issues with pretty much everybody, from players, to management to personnel.

i also think it was a tough situation for Randolph, if you know youre one of the highly touted up and comers in the league, and the coach gives you 5 mins a game then i would probably pout too. i mean common, its not the like the knicks are loaded with talent. he should at least be backing up amare or playing over turiaf.

Comment

• I thought New York stole Anthony Randolph away from the Warriors, where I blamed his lack of play on Don Nelson's insanity. After another half season of him not playing, I really think it's him. Anthony Randolph is the perfect example of the high skilled player who never seems to "get it" and is constantly gambled on by GMs looking for a gamble. Benoit Benjamin played 14 seasons in the NBA, for 9 teams and only 2 of those teams made the playoffs. Bad teams usually gamble on these types of players because you have to be desperate to take on guys like this. Minnesota already has Randolph, Beasley and Milicic. That's why they're my favourite to eventually trade for Bargnani. Bargnani has a better attitude than a lot of those guys, but he probably will never "get it".
                                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                                X