Landry fields is a SG.
    He is a SG/SF
    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• lol your pic is epic

Comment

• e2thed wrote: View Post
        He is a SG/SF
        Well in that case I would pick Evan Turner over him.

Comment

• James Johnson - 9pts / 5rbs / 2.5ast / 1.5 bl / 1 st. / .500FG% Per Game as a Raptor.

Going forward, if he maintain this stat stuffing nature, then who knows what he could turn into. He's only 23 years old and playing without a training camp or Regular Minutes for 75% of the season. I can easily see a 15pt / 7rbs / 4ast / 2bl / 1.5 st / .500FG% type of guy out of JJ in the next couple years with real minutes.. and that is SOLID.

The more I watch the amount of intensity that this kid plays with, the more I'm wishing the future was today. He is Consistent with his Energy and Hustle and knows exactly what we need him to do every night. He knows his role, and far too often, that isn't the case in this league.

Comment

• I don't want to predict where he will be in the future but I will say that I like where he is now. Find me a late first rounder who would put that up. They're rare.

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
              I don't want to predict where he will be in the future but I will say that I like where he is now. Find me a late first rounder who would put that up. They're rare.
              This is true, perhaps I am a little premature with my predictions, but the way he plays, you just know he wants to get better and be the best player he can be. Thats all you can ask for as a fan. A couple of sick, wicked and nasty Dunks and Blocks are just a bonus that comes with him. haha

Comment

• He is still a shit jumpshooter.

Comment

• RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                  He is still a shit jumpshooter.
                  And yet he shoots .500 from the Field. Which shows that he has a high Basketball IQ, and despite being a 'shit jumpshooter' manages to get off good, high percentage shots within his skillset. And when he doesn't have the shot he has shown to be rather adept in making the right pass at the right time. Not to mention he can bring the ball up the floor and start the break, after he grabs one of those rebounds.

He may be a 'shit jump shooter', but thats not his game, and he knows it. Nor does he rely on his jumpshot for success.

Comment

• James Johnson is a straight up , biblical nightmaric beast. That's what he DOESSSSSS!
                    LOL Quote from the Legend of commentators on youtube, ELPRESADOR.
                    Last edited by e2thed; Sat Apr 2, 2011, 12:22 PM.
                    NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

• And if jumpshooting is what's holding him back, he should consider himself fortunate as it's probably the easiest skill to develop.

Those numbers are indeed solid.

Compare the numbers of James Johnson as a Raptor to Josh Smith's numbers in his second year:

Johnson in 26.5 minutes per game:
                      8.7 points/.492% - 5.2 rebs - 2.5 asts - 1.4 blks - 1.1 stls

Smith in 32 minutes per game:
                      11.3 points/.425% - 6.6 rebs - 2.4 asts - 2.6 blks - 0.8 stls

Given the minutes advantage Smith had over Johnson, those stats are actually fairly comparable. In fact, at quick glance, it looks like James Johnson's numbers are actually better than Smith's were.

Comment

• jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
                        And if jumpshooting is what's holding him back, he should consider himself fortunate as it's probably the easiest skill to develop.

Those numbers are indeed solid.

Compare the numbers of James Johnson as a Raptor to Josh Smith's numbers in his second year:

Johnson in 26.5 minutes per game:
                        8.7 points/.492% - 5.2 rebs - 2.5 asts - 1.4 blks - 1.1 stls

Smith in 32 minutes per game:
                        11.3 points/.425% - 6.6 rebs - 2.4 asts - 2.6 blks - 0.8 stls

Given the minutes advantage Smith had over Johnson, those stats are actually fairly comparable. In fact, at quick glance, it looks like James Johnson's numbers are actually better than Smith's were.
                        Nice find. I like this comparison alot actually. Good one.

Comment

• joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Nice find. I like this comparison alot actually. Good one.
                          One other comparison - opponent's production (per 48 minutes):

James Johnson as a Raptor:
                          Opponent's eFG%: .488
                          Opponent's PPG: 21.3
                          Opponent's PER: 13.9 (that's elite)

Josh Smith in 05'-06' (at the SF position, where he played most of his minutes):
                          Opponent's eFG%: .523
                          Opponent's PPG: 21.3
                          Opponent's PER: 17.9

So...Not only do J.Johnson's regular stats seem to be on par with Josh Smith (ppg, rebs, etc...), but the numbers show J.Johnson is actually a far superior on ball defender than Smith was at the same development stage.

Looking at these numbers like this I see no sense in the trade I posted earlier concerning Bargnani + a first rounder for Josh Smith. James Johnson is on par to be at least as good as Josh Smith. Book it.

Comment

• Johnson has a low ceiling, I don't see him being much better then he is now.

Comment

• Hotshot wrote: View Post
                              Johnson has a low ceiling
                              Why?

Comment

• If he develops a steady jump shot and tightens up his handles a little bit more, he'd be a legit starting 3 in my eyes. Or at least a really good back up at the 3 spot. For a late first rounder that's not bad at all. Don't know about you guys but I'd take that kind of talent over all-star level offense and Washington General defense.

Comment

Working...
                                X