James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ebrian wrote: View Post
    It's just not the best situation for him and I think he is a guy who needs minutes to develop his all-round game.. I think that applies for any young player.
    He doesn't need minutes to develop his shot. If he does not come back after a long long offseason with a shot I don't think we can keep him. If he does develop his shooting I think he can have a long nba career.

Comment

• As our franchise currently stands, there is basically nobody on our roster besides DeRozan that can be considered as "locked-in" for the future as a starter. I like JJ. He's got some good tools to work with and could maybe develop into a solid player in the NBA. Whether or not he's the right SF for us in the future is impossible to tell because we really don't know who our true "core" guys are.

Comment

• I like everything about his game except for his jumper and decision-making at times. He is essentially still a rookie based on the number of minutes he has played so far in his career. That means he still has a lot of room to improve. That means we have yet to see what this guy can really do. That means we need to see him play more.

I like how he committed himself over the summer through rigorous training. I just hope he approaches his jump shot with the same mentality because I really feel that if he improves the way DeMar has improved last season, he can become our starting SF for the future. And if come draft night we draft a stud 3, then that's a problem I would love to have, rather than not having any choice but to play scrubs as starters.

Comment

• Johnson doesn't have NBA skills. He's played 1500 minutes in the league and done little or nothing to help his teams win. He'd only be a starter on a disastrous team. I'm assuming "future starter" implies a future winning Raptors team. I seriously doubt he'll ever be one of the 30-40 players in the league who really create a lot of wins for their teams.

Comment

• he can be a starter for the raps
            i see him as a shane battier type player with a little edge in scoring

Comment

• tbihis wrote: View Post
              he can be a starter for the raps
              i see him as a shane battier type player with a little edge in scoring
              might be a little premature to compare him to a guy seen throughout the league as a leader, good defender and great rotation guy on ANY team.

Comment

• The Boris Diaw comparison is not that as Diaw is a solid all-around player and can do jus about everything just like J J can.. the only thing that J J lacks compared to him is bulk and a shot.

Also, I don't see how he'd not come back to the NBA or wouldn't get a contract here.

Comment

• Akinyele wrote: View Post
                  The Boris Diaw comparison is not that as Diaw is a solid all-around player and can do jus about everything just like J J can.. the only thing that J J lacks compared to him is bulk and a shot.

Also, I don't see how he'd not come back to the NBA or wouldn't get a contract here.
                  True enough.

The comparison was more towards their early seasons in the NBA - Diaw was hardly a 'good' shooter from distance at that time. Unfortunately the comparison takes also doesn't factor in Diaw as a 21/22 year old and Johnson as a 23/24 year old.

Comment

• James Johnson Mix!

lol "the game" has some crazy lyrics in his music.

Comment

• Nice reel, besides the bright white lighting it was a decent watch. I hope JJ can come in and show he's a serviceable player next year. That said, I could have done without the Ajinca slo-mo shot, guy creeps me out enough already.

Comment

• JYFelony wrote: View Post
                        Nice reel, besides the bright white lighting it was a decent watch. I hope JJ can come in and show he's a serviceable player next year. That said, I could have done without the Ajinca slo-mo shot, guy creeps me out enough already.
                        lol ya ajinca reminds me of a real life stick man.

Comment

• the best part of this video was when demar threw up the alley oop and at that exact moment the game is like "bounce like u got hydrolics in yo G string".

Comment

• Ahh, that dunk over Blake Griffin without him even realizing it. I'm gunna sleep well tonight, thanks for the share!

Comment

• JJ was a Pleasant surprise last season!
                              I hope he gets much much better in order to stick in the rotation.
                              I heard that he loves toronto and would love to retire there.
                              When do you ever hear somebody say that?
                              We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

• can't wait to see what my man can do with a full training camp/season
                                @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Working...
                                X