No announcement yet.

James Johnson Discussion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• he's fantastic for D because he can guard 4 positions, especially a 4 like Dirk that plays on the perimeter a lot. i like the idea of using him as our defensive stopper and assign him to a dude every game.
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• James Johnson getting the Start tonight what y'all think?

I think its a great, more energy at the beginning of the game. Going to be successful on the break at the beginning of the game. It's not like Rasual was making any shots(not just 3s, 2s too) at all.
      @Chr1st1anL

Comment

• i don't really like it. i think JJ is a bench player and should be playing with the teammates he will see the most time with to build chemistry. would much rather linas starting and butler burried on the bench.

in my mind linas is the odd man out. unfair because he lost his spot to injuries but neither he or JJ are starter material and we will be getting one (presumably) in the draft or hopefully free agency(chandler).

however if DC and BC dont know which of linas and JJ they will keep then having them battle it out game in and game out is ok to me and all the authority i hold over the team. lol. just thought it was funny because i actually have no say whatsoever.

Comment

• I think Kleiza is more of a starter than JJ. He has pretty good handle, can create his own shots.. Selfish at times, but not overly. I like his shot, and I like his build.. He has the ability to guard bigger guys because of his size. I think he has some upside and could surprise people later in the season when he can find his shot again. You have to remember he didn't have any training camp and he is rusty, but he is a decent player in my opinion.

Comment

• I like JJ but he should be coming off the bench. THAT said, Mekensttien's point about playing and gaining chemistry with the bench mob in reality how many of the current bench will he be playing with in the future? Amir will become a bench player sooner rather than later when JV comes over, and the back up PG may be Jose. Barbosa likely won't be here, so really gaining the chemistry with the current bench group means little since it won't be the same group, and there is a good chance that Jose and Amir will be on the 2nd unit with JJ. Thereby, take a breath, being on the starting group would actually put him in more time with more of his likely court-mates next year.

All that crap said, start Kleiza instead.

Comment

• Watching JJ on offense is like root canal without the Novacaine. Painful. I prefer Kleiza to start.
              “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

• His jumper is improving tho. He needs to put in more work

Comment

• JJ is young, he's a hard worker and I see a long term place for him on this roster. He may never be good enough to start on contender, who knows, but he certainly could serve a valuable role off the bench as a spark plug on defense. Best case scenario Casey mods him into an elite defender and he assumes a Bruce Bowen type role as a starter or 6th man.

Comment

• Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    Watching JJ on offense is like root canal without the Novacaine. Painful. I prefer Kleiza to start.
                    Excruciating to watch RIGHT NOW but in the strangest way his speed size and creativity are mouth watering. He has an incredible NBA body.

Ron Artest possibilities if he puts in the time and is a pro... I think he will get it. He needs lots of minutes - still played less minutes than DeMarr in his entire rookie season.

His defense and energy level are through the roof IMO.
                    "I may be wrong ... but I doubt it"

Comment

• charlz wrote: View Post
                      Excruciating to watch RIGHT NOW but in the strangest way his speed size and creativity are mouth watering. He has an incredible NBA body.

Ron Artest possibilities if he puts in the time and is a pro... I think he will get it. He needs lots of minutes - still played less minutes than DeMarr in his entire rookie season.

His defense and energy level are through the roof IMO.
                      Totally agree

Comment

• he can definitely become one of the elite defenders in the NBA.

Comment

• No he can't. He's there athletically but he's a big dumb ox.
                          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

• Apollo wrote: View Post
                            JJ is young, he's a hard worker and I see a long term place for him on this roster. He may never be good enough to start on contender, who knows, but he certainly could serve a valuable role off the bench as a spark plug on defense. Best case scenario Casey mods him into an elite defender and he assumes a Bruce Bowen type role as a starter or 6th man.
                            Bowen's value was that he'd shut down your best perimeter player on one end, and he'd make you pay for leaving him open on the other end.

Right now, Johnson provides only 50% of Bowen's value. He can't make a shot to save his life.

Comment

• Nilanka wrote: View Post
                              Bowen's value was that he'd shut down your best perimeter player on one end, and he'd make you pay for leaving him open on the other end.

Right now, Johnson provides only 50% of Bowen's value. He can't make a shot to save his life.
                              i don't think jj should be starting, but the open 3 was bowens only weapon. if jj could stop the man and play a point forward role he would be way more valuable than bowen. i also think that jj is a little over rated on defense and bowen was a dirty player. josh mcroberts plays defense like bowen without achilles kicks.

Comment

• Well he sure gave us a glimpse of what type of player he can be last night. Now I don't think he will have many nights when he gets 17 shots, but he was fairly efficient going 10-17 and added 6 boards, 2 steals, and 4 blocks. Like last year, I think we should ride him out as the starting SF the rest of the way.
                                Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

Working...
                                X